Tales of Arise

Tales of Arise

View Stats:
The story is really poor
By poor, I mean compared with ToB. I was so bored that I tried to think something to troll the story of ToB. I had to mention something very deep, for example, there are legislation systems purely and solely based on selfishness and free desires, and thereby such law systems and legal systems. The point is those who effectively live in such systems would not be surprised by the idea conveyed by the story of ToB and the readers may be trolled by the existence of such systems. However, it is not making any damage to the story of ToB itself. And it is actually exposing the knowledge of a better legislation system to less knowledgeable people, under which circumstances troll activity becomes out of justice. You have to do right things to troll the story of ToB.

On the other hand, to troll the story of ToA, I can simply read aloud the resume of Uncle Sam's daddy for the base game and read aloud the resume of Uncle Sam for the DLC. Uncle Sam's daddy abolished slavery merely by voting. Uncle Sam has the cherry tree murderer and the 22nd Constitutional Amdendment.
Last edited by SENMSL; 30 Jun @ 5:47am
< >
Showing 1-15 of 23 comments
Open your profile if you want to be taken seriously.
Originally posted by marsHm311oW:

No one cares what you think. People value their privacy. learn to respect it.

Also cringy af profile.
Last edited by Magnadeus; 22 Jun @ 6:24pm
SENMSL 22 Jun @ 6:23pm 
First, you are off-topic so you are blocked and reported. Secondly, I do not want to be taken seriously because this place is not for serious discussion at all. I am just bored and killing time by trolling you guys. Thirdly, I have mentioned the word "troll" and you are still asking me to open profile, seriously? See, you are not even serious. I have 100 jokes about US Constitution but I guess I cannot share them with you because you cannot understand logical fallacy.
Last edited by SENMSL; 22 Jun @ 6:25pm
SENMSL 22 Jun @ 7:14pm 
And I have viewed your profile. You will be evicted from this thread because you are not eligible to discuss legislation and US Constitution. By not eligible, I mean those two shaking girls on your profile.
Last edited by SENMSL; 22 Jun @ 7:15pm
Originally posted by SENMSL:
And I have viewed your profile. You will be evicted from this thread because you are not eligible to discuss legislation and US Constitution. By not eligible, I mean those two shaking girls on your profile.

His profile: "I will never accept your friend invite" Yet has 10 friends.

Work: "Unemployed" Hmm i wonder why.

Others: "unvaccinated and never infected with Covid-19" Stop the cap. just....stop.
Last edited by Magnadeus; 22 Jun @ 11:42pm
First, you are off-topic so you are blocked and reported. Secondly, I do not want to be taken seriously because this place is not for serious discussion at all. I am just bored and killing time by trolling you guys. Thirdly, I have mentioned the word "troll" and you are still asking me to open profile, seriously? See, you are not even serious. I have 100 jokes about US Constitution but I guess I cannot share them with you because you cannot understand logical fallacy.
You offtopic to tell me you report me for offtopic? Reported you and the other troll for offtopic and trolling.
Last edited by marsHm311oW; 23 Jun @ 10:54am
Magnadeus 23 Jun @ 11:43am 
You offtopic to tell me you report me for offtopic? Reported you and the other troll for offtopic and trolling.

You're telling us it's off topic when you came in here saying "Open your profile if you want to be taken seriously" what does that have to do with the OP not liking the story? reported for rude af post.
Last edited by Magnadeus; 24 Jun @ 6:32am
SENMSL 24 Jun @ 5:08am 
Originally posted by Magnadeus:

You're telling us it's off topic when you come in here saying "Open your profile if you want to be taken seriously" what does that have to do with the OP not liking the story? reported for rude af post.
Conclusion: this marsHm311oW guy is illiterate. Let's just block and ignore this clown.
Last edited by SENMSL; 24 Jun @ 5:11am
Awaken 26 Jun @ 7:03pm 
Law says,"I hate to break it to you man, but what you are saying isn't deep at all" This is an in game summary of all of the dialogue and plot of Tales of Arise.
Originally posted by Awaken:
Law says,"I hate to break it to you man, but what you are saying isn't deep at all" This is an in game summary of all of the dialogue and plot of Tales of Arise.
Tales of series moment.
Jhemp12 30 Jun @ 12:52am 
Never played any other Tales games but after playing Tales of Arise, I got the feeling that they wanted to be Final Fantasy really bad but they lack the talent Square Enix has in the writing departmenet, so it just ends up being really really cringey lol. I still enjoyed the game, the plot was interesting and the gameplay was fun, the graphics and art style were gorgeous but my god over 80% of the dialouge in this game made me cringe so hard, so I eventually started talking over the characters during cutscenes, basically voicing the cutscenes myself and turned the game into a comedy lol.
John Bayes 30 Jun @ 9:22pm 
So go play ToB.

The story is not bad. It's just got characters, themes, ideas that you dont like nor identify with.
Guybrush 11 Jul @ 7:05am 
By poor, I mean compared with ToB. I was so bored that I tried to think something to troll the story of ToB. I had to mention something very deep, for example, there are legislation systems purely and solely based on selfishness and free desires, and thereby such law systems and legal systems. The point is those who effectively live in such systems would not be surprised by the idea conveyed by the story of ToB and the readers may be trolled by the existence of such systems. However, it is not making any damage to the story of ToB itself. And it is actually exposing the knowledge of a better legislation system to less knowledgeable people, under which circumstances troll activity becomes out of justice. You have to do right things to troll the story of ToB.

On the other hand, to troll the story of ToA, I can simply read aloud the resume of Uncle Sam's daddy for the base game and read aloud the resume of Uncle Sam for the DLC. Uncle Sam's daddy abolished slavery merely by voting. Uncle Sam has the cherry tree murderer and the 22nd Constitutional Amdendment.
Have to agree. Game feels like a kids who dream to make a FF writing this game. And battle is horrible.
Antearz 12 Jul @ 4:55am 
Originally posted by Jhemp12:
Never played any other Tales games but after playing Tales of Arise, I got the feeling that they wanted to be Final Fantasy really bad but they lack the talent Square Enix has in the writing departmenet, so it just ends up being really really cringey lol. I still enjoyed the game, the plot was interesting and the gameplay was fun, the graphics and art style were gorgeous but my god over 80% of the dialouge in this game made me cringe so hard, so I eventually started talking over the characters during cutscenes, basically voicing the cutscenes myself and turned the game into a comedy lol.

Nah. This is Fairly Normal for the Tales of Series.
From the get go. The Tales Games are Generally more Mellow as they are intended to be more Family Friendly and Addressed at a Younger Audience.

One should also mention. That if You know a bit of Japanese You quickly Realize that the Translations are quite Poor. And the Dubbed Voices are even worse.
Not sure if they just used a Machine Translation or if they had to Improvise alot to match the Animations.
But alot of the Cringe is Actually down to the Translation issues.

Alot of this is also Related to Personal Preference of Course.
I Personally still think the Best Tales of Games was Tales of the Abyss.
Closely Followed by Tales of Berseria.

Now wether this Entry to the Series Changes anything of my Favorites I cannot tell Yet.
I will See when I have Finished the Game.
But from what I can tell so far. Its a pretty normal Tales of Game.
SENMSL 16 Jul @ 4:58am 
Originally posted by Antearz:
But alot of the Cringe is Actually down to the Translation issues.
"Doubanjiang" is not a valid translation to English. The English phrase should be black-bean sauce
< >
Showing 1-15 of 23 comments
Per page: 1530 50