Tales of Arise

Tales of Arise

View Stats:
Why does this game not get enough love?
I love everything about this game. It’s up there with P3/4/5R and Chrono Trigger for me as a JRPG. I don’t understand why people are hating on it.

Every second was enjoyable. The story, the character development over dozens of hours, the way you think it’s about to end only to find out it’s just beginning. It was a wonderful experience and I’m baffled as to how quite a lot of people don’t feel the same way. I believe this is a solid 10/10 and there’s probably no more than 20 games I could give that score too. Not played the DLC yet though.
< >
Showing 1-9 of 9 comments
Koby 4 Jul @ 7:09pm 
IMO it starts off strong but the latter half just kept going and going... Really should have ended much sooner as it just felt like they were prolonging things way too much and it kind of killed the game for me. Overall a fun game, but that second half keeps me from wanting to replay.
Originally posted by LikeAyySir:
I love everything about this game. It’s up there with P3/4/5R and Chrono Trigger for me as a JRPG. I don’t understand why people are hating on it.

Every second was enjoyable. The story, the character development over dozens of hours, the way you think it’s about to end only to find out it’s just beginning. It was a wonderful experience and I’m baffled as to how quite a lot of people don’t feel the same way. I believe this is a solid 10/10 and there’s probably no more than 20 games I could give that score too. Not played the DLC yet though.
Its 88% positive. What else are you expecting?
Jiyo 5 Jul @ 3:31am 
The game certainly got its love. It sold really well that it got a DLC expansion 2 years after its release. I wouldn't consider it to be perfect game however. Some people hate that the way that the game is marketed at the beginning of its release, because the DLC costumes contained special skills, which was never mentioned in the gameplay trailer and considered like a "Pay wall".

The story wasn't too bad but the second half of the story was really dragged out than it needed to. I guess it had to do with spend more bonding time with the main cast and expand their character with side quests at that point. For me, its just hard to replicate or improve the quality story experience that I had with some of their previous titles.

The DLC expansion is a mixed bag. You are forced to go to a different main menu and start a new game without carrying your items over from the main game. The devs themselves did this for "balancing the DLC", though having DLC booster items... I have other problems with it but don't want to spoil it.

The base game has fun game mechanics and does provide serviceable content, but the DLC expansion just feels like a miss to me. Its great to hear that you enjoyed the game to its entirety though!
Last edited by Jiyo; 5 Jul @ 4:06am
Looks like cashgrab scam

31 dlc's available

Base game is cheap but there are higher tiers and each one is more expensive than the previous so looks terrible, gives the impression of base game being just half the content and the rest is locked behind paywall.

and i wouldn't be surprised if it has denuvo drm, it wasn't removed from tales of berseria so this one probably has some drm around as well but no idea.
Guybrush 11 Jul @ 5:43am 

I have more than 600 games. I can easy put this game on my worst 10 games so far. Everything is horrible on this game. Only character graphics are great, the rest is like 1/10. Battle is horrible, story is horrible, envioriment is horrible.... The enimies looks like robotic. They moviment is so strange. Also sound is horrible and music too.

Better forget how much I paid for it.
Originally posted by Guybrush:

I have more than 600 games. I can easy put this game on my worst 10 games so far. Everything is horrible on this game. Only character graphics are great, the rest is like 1/10. Battle is horrible, story is horrible, envioriment is horrible.... The enimies looks like robotic. They moviment is so strange. Also sound is horrible and music too.

Better forget how much I paid for it.
How far did you get in?
people play chinese gacha copy games now, not these authentic j-rpg anymore, just look at mihoyo games getting hundreds of millions dollar a month
Boby Happy 25 Jul @ 11:33am 
characters relations feel very rushed

world inconsistancy
the renans have the sci-fi technology yet at the same time they don't ?

forgettable characters
JustaGamer 28 Jul @ 12:22pm 
Originally posted by Frank Greene:
Not played the DLC yet though.

Not sure why you think it didn't get enough love. It's the most popular tale in the past 5 tittle. It was popular enough that despite wasn't in the plan, it generated enough demand that Bamco came back and create that DLC. That DLC only exist because of popular demand.

To bad true to Bamco's tradition, instead of using the DLC as a nod and appreciation for the fans, as usual they tried to flee the fans as much as possible. Maybe the drop of popularity is due to that.
< >
Showing 1-9 of 9 comments
Per page: 1530 50