Mega Man X Legacy Collection

Mega Man X Legacy Collection

View Stats:
X2 Is my fav. Whats yours?
I like all of the first 4 Mega Man X games. I even have a bit of a soft spot for the other Mega Man X games. I enjoyed 2 the most because its the game I grew up with. First off all, you start with the dashing already. And the arm upgrade is my favorite out of all the arm upgrades in the series.
< >
Showing 1-10 of 10 comments
Devsman 12 Aug @ 10:57am 
X1 for sure. X2 is almost as good, but X1 beats it to me because the Mavericks were just cooler. Guys like Wire Sponge, Overdrive Ostrich, Crystal Snail, Morph Moth... lol. Silly isn't necessarily bad or anything, but the tone of X1 just felt spot-on.
Moonlight 12 Aug @ 11:06am 
Originally posted by Devsman:
X1 for sure. X2 is almost as good, but X1 beats it to me because the Mavericks were just cooler. Guys like Wire Sponge, Overdrive Ostrich, Crystal Snail, Morph Moth... lol. Silly isn't necessarily bad or anything, but the tone of X1 just felt spot-on.
Yeah. X1 was very good. I recently beat in on the collection on the PS5. I have beaten X2 and X4 also.
I prefer X1, 2, and 3 out of all 8. There are things about X 1 thru 3 that stand out to me as part of the series as a whole. Out of the first 3, I honestly can't decide which of the 3 is best. I find myself going back and playing all 3 of them constantly.
X4 > X1 > X8

4 and 1 are usually the favorites for many, and I’d agree there.

X8 I put this high for everything it does really well. Sure it has its couple gimmick levels, but the controls are excellent, the story actually started to go somewhere after 5 was meant to be the bridge to Zero series, armor customizing is a good new addition, Axl is actually fun to play as after the mess he was in 7, finally decent voice acting, NG+ letting you carry over upgrades and currency, playable Navigators as an unlockable. Shame it had to release after the rushed mess of 6, and the really bad 7

X2 is a weird one. It’s good, and probably better than X5, but X5 is just way more memorable. So the rest would probably be X5 > X2 > X3 > X6 > X7? 5 and 2 switch places a lot, but the rest is pretty much stuck in that order
Last edited by mdesaleah; 18 Aug @ 8:13pm
I really love X1 and i grew up with it and all, I'd consider it a tie between X1 and X5 because I love the mechanics of X4 but wished the game was harder which is why I like X5 over X4 lol. The variety of armors and ways to play/complete X5 are some of my reasons, but the boss fights are especially why. X1 is great in every regard, like i can see glaring issues with X5 and still enjoy it but X1 seemingly has none, from the stage layout, the bosses, music and characters I really have nothing negative to say about it and i swear that's not just a personal bias lmao.
X4. 4 is pretty easy, even if the final boss was tough as hell.
MAN-MAN 2 Sep @ 12:07am 
definetly not X2, this game is sh!t. One hour of sh!t platforming to gain the shoryuken and the thing doesn't appear because I wasn't at full life when entering the room.

But no I'm better than this, I'm not rage quitting.

One more hour to gain it again, this time carefully maxing my hp bar and voilà ! I'm a happy man, my Mega Man is fully formed, I can now take a well earned break.

The fudging thing does not save ??? F*ck this sh!t game !
Originally posted by Kentucky Fried Children #FIXTF2:
X4. 4 is pretty easy, even if the final boss was tough as hell.
I agree
Originally posted by MAN-MAN:
definetly not X2, this game is sh!t. One hour of sh!t platforming to gain the shoryuken and the thing doesn't appear because I wasn't at full life when entering the room.

But no I'm better than this, I'm not rage quitting.

One more hour to gain it again, this time carefully maxing my hp bar and voilà ! I'm a happy man, my Mega Man is fully formed, I can now take a well earned break.

The fudging thing does not save ??? F*ck this sh!t game !
Well I suppose thats fair. But I still love X2
Sstavix 6 Sep @ 12:23pm 
Definitely X1. Bought it and played it repeatedly on my SNES. Later sold it. Regretted it. Bought a used copy and played that one until I got rid of the whole SNES collection a few years back.

I played X2 before as well, but couldn't get into it the same way. So many of the weapons just seemed pointless (Crystal Snail's powered-up version) or extremely situational. X3 was new to me when this collection came out. I hate how difficult Sigma's final form is - once I got the achievements I never went back. So, out of the first four I would have to say X3 is my least favorite.
Last edited by Sstavix; 9 Sep @ 10:39am
< >
Showing 1-10 of 10 comments
Per page: 1530 50