Through the Ages

Through the Ages

View Stats:
[QUERY] Is Christopher Columbus akin to Adolf Hitler? : Through the Ages
Is placing Columbus in the game like placing Adolf Hitler into the game?

Would including Adolf Hitler be a good or bad idea?

"Throughout his years in the Americas, Columbus forced natives to work for the sake of profits. Later, he sent thousands of Taino “Indians” to Spain to be sold, and many of them died during the journey. The natives who weren't sold into slavery were forced to look for gold in mines and work on plantations.12 Jun 2020"
< >
Showing 1-8 of 8 comments
StayCaptive! 19 Dec, 2023 @ 5:00am 
Out of all leaders in the game Columbus is guy where you see a problem?

Genghis Khan killed an estimated amount of 40 Mil.

Caesar, Hammurabi, Boudica, Joan of Arc, Barbarossa, Saladin, Napoleon, Robespierre, Ashoka, Cleopatra, Catherine the Great, Alexander the Great are also part of the game. Each of those is responsible for killing somewhere between thousands and hundreds of thousands, millions in some cases. Plenty of those also participated in some kind of slave trade in case we want to pretend enslaving a human is worse than killing a human.

I personally see why Hitler would in sense fit the above list. However he is almost universally regarded as a negative person of history while most of the above are not (and there are good reasons for that). Caesar killed hundreds of thousands and is regarded as a great leader today. Reason for that is imho because it was many centuries ago.

I personally would not like to see Hitler included, his reign was not long enough to be as significant as eg Caesar and his legacy is nothing but death and destruction. Same cant be said about Columbus whos legacy was the start of the age of globalization and the end of the Middle Ages.
Last edited by StayCaptive!; 19 Dec, 2023 @ 5:12am
Here's the jester award you're so desperately fishing for: :feste:
Originally posted by StayCaptive!:

Caesar, Hammurabi, Boudica, Joan of Arc, Barbarossa, Saladin, Napoleon, Robespierre, Ashoka, Cleopatra, Catherine the Great, Alexander the Great are also part of the game. Each of those is responsible for killing somewhere between thousands and hundreds of thousands, millions in some cases. Plenty of those also participated in some kind of slave trade in case we want to pretend enslaving a human is worse than killing a human.

I personally see why Hitler would in sense fit the above list. However he is almost universally regarded as a negative person of history while most of the above are not (and there are good reasons for that). Caesar killed hundreds of thousands and is regarded as a great leader today. Reason for that is imho because it was many centuries ago.

I personally would not like to see Hitler included, his reign was not long enough to be as significant as eg Caesar and his legacy is nothing but death and destruction. Same cant be said about Columbus whos legacy was the start of the age of globalization and the end of the Middle Ages.

We can block Genghis if you want.

Don't forget Bach who pretty much buried almost every single musician that came before him with his music.
Originally posted by See you Space Cowboy...:

Don't forget Bach who pretty much buried almost every single musician that came before him with his music.

ROFL
Dr0W 19 Apr @ 10:26am 
You're completely right. I say that if we can have Leonardo da Vinci we should have Hitler too. Just because one's paintings were not as appreciated it doesn't mean we couldn't have them as a leader.
Originally posted by Dr0W:
You're completely right. I say that if we can have Leonardo da Vinci we should have Hitler too. Just because one's paintings were not as appreciated it doesn't mean we couldn't have them as a leader.

That is interesting.

That would raise so much controversy.

Why stop at Hitler? How about Mao Zedong? Pol Pot?
Takise 23 Apr @ 6:02pm 
Originally posted by <™-=> Cookiez <=-™>:
Originally posted by Dr0W:

That is interesting.

That would raise so much controversy.

Why stop at Hitler? How about Mao Zedong? Pol Pot?

I suggest you to design your own fan expansion titled Psychos Through the Ages, I'm in and I'll be the first backer on the kickstarter :)))
< >
Showing 1-8 of 8 comments
Per page: 1530 50