Smalland: Survive the Wilds

Smalland: Survive the Wilds

View Stats:
Lots of food, no variety in effect
So I havent played too long but I've noticed that all the cooked food (mush, roach, ant, etc.) all does the exact same thing, so there is no point to have a variety as it just takes up an inventory slot. My question is will this change where dif foods do dif things and combos of foods can be beneficial as well?
< >
Showing 1-7 of 7 comments
umop-apisdn 8 Jul, 2023 @ 5:53pm 
Not all foods are exactly the same, although many have quite similar (or even identical) effects.

The variations I've seen come in the form of slightly more or less nourishment, cold resistance for certain foods, and (most importantly) required ingredients. Depending on where you are in the world, some ingredients will be easier to come by than others.
Gex 10 Jul, 2023 @ 9:23pm 
Im hoping they implement something that makes it worth crafting tier II and tier III foods, but for me, its not worth it. Tier I is enough to keep you constantly above 70 nourishment.
Good Old Gamer 13 Jul, 2023 @ 11:42am 
Originally posted by umop-apisdn:
Not all foods are exactly the same, although many have quite similar (or even identical) effects.

The variations I've seen come in the form of slightly more or less nourishment, cold resistance for certain foods, and (most importantly) required ingredients. Depending on where you are in the world, some ingredients will be easier to come by than others.

would be nice to know your actual findings ;) (what does what)
umop-apisdn 13 Jul, 2023 @ 6:21pm 
Originally posted by Survive or Die:
Originally posted by umop-apisdn:

would be nice to know your actual findings ;) (what does what)

What each food does is listed when you open the cauldron and hover over the food in the list before you make it, as well as when you hover over the food in your inventory if you've already made it.

What else is there to know?
Good Old Gamer 14 Jul, 2023 @ 5:05am 
ah thx
Bistou 16 Jul, 2023 @ 6:49pm 
Yeah, i unlocked the food stove but it all seems overkill in effects needing more ingredient, nice way to eat the bees and spider heads but other than that the skewered ant from the campfire does the job
I agree with the OP, some variation would be nice. I mostly use tier 1 foods, in winter I'll cook some tier 2 items for the cold buff but never even use tier 3 because it seems a waste. The lesser foods give 30% nourishment and since I have to keep it above 70% to regenerate hp it seems a waste to bring food that restores +50 or +70 nourishment because it's overkill. I wouldn't mind the wasted nourishment if the food also gave some sort of buff.

So far we only have cold resistance. Some of the higher tier foods would be nice to add maybe more damage, more health, +% movement speed on mount etc. This would make them much more useful.
Last edited by Neetz; 7 hours ago
< >
Showing 1-7 of 7 comments
Per page: 1530 50