Crab Champions

Crab Champions

View Stats:
 This topic has been pinned, so it's probably important
Noisestorm  [developer] 17 Jul @ 4:57pm
Crab Champions Shiny Update Beta 1 (V2050)
The beta for the next update is out now, instructions on joining the beta + sharing feedback can be found on Discord.

🦀 Joining the Discord server: https://discord.gg/crabchampions 🦀

You can find instructions on joining the beta in the #beta-getting-started channel as well as patch notes in the #beta-patch-notes channel!

I'll be making plenty more beta updates, adding new content and more over the next few weeks!
Last edited by Noisestorm; 17 Jul @ 5:43pm
< >
Showing 1-15 of 33 comments
Casurin 18 Jul @ 10:31am 
Would be nice to NOT have to go to discord to get infos on the changes.
I do like the weapon-animations but the sound came as a bit of a (not so welcome) surprise.
Alpagaus 19 Jul @ 1:22am 
Thus far I am hating it greatly. True ultra nightmare is fun because of overall pace, but the amount of BS is even less funny than before, and it was already an annoying RNG. Honestly - just decrease this annoying hp curve, if you don't get damage upgrades you lose, and by damage upgrades I mean OP stuff. You get 3 upgrades for 3x damage? Oh well, in 5 maps it won't matter because you will be doing same damage BUT enemies will have 3x damage themselves! Yaaaay...

If it wasn't for dying non stop just because I don't have damage to get through all that BS and I finally got something good and died it wasn't "oh ok, my bad, I will try better" - it was "for the love of $#@$@#!@ JUST GET RID THAT IDIOTIC HP".

The amount of BS is exponential: enemy hp, qol of attacks (i.e. aoe, projectile count, effects - everything that makes it easier to even hit when trying to run around), enemy projectiles, (seemingly) random explosions out of nowhere, elite poison grub went from something of a minor annoyance to the most ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ bullcrap that even elite pumpkin is nothing compared to - if it decides so, 9-12 huge rings at once, non stop spam of fast projectiles, the amount of grubs is just farked up (and again, hp).

Honestly the only thing that is annoying in all of this is just that ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ hp - because it makes such a huge difference in perks you DON'T WANT AT ALL and perks that makes the whole thing even remotely possible. If it's just me - make me a baby modifier that decreases final hp of enemies by 50%, I don't care. Without all those effects true ultra nightmare has it's too easy, with them, it's an annoying bullcrap. Long since I was so friggin annoyed at something because it was fun, now it's... #@!# BS of RNG.

Best example is fire dash. It's... useless unless you can upgrade it. And even then, you'd need to upgrade it every... 4-5th map to keep up? Where is that even a friggin option?

My other suggestion here is: add that stupid option removal thingy popular in other roguelites, where you have these tokens or whatever to remove something from appearing again and just increase amount of those the higher the difficulty. For the love of - I can manage not winning in 10 tries, but these are not even remotely fun.
Joe Cabbage 19 Jul @ 7:23am 
Originally posted by Alpagaus:
Thus far I am hating it greatly. True ultra nightmare is fun because of overall pace, but the amount of BS is even less funny than before, and it was already an annoying RNG. Honestly - just decrease this annoying hp curve, if you don't get damage upgrades you lose, and by damage upgrades I mean OP stuff. You get 3 upgrades for 3x damage? Oh well, in 5 maps it won't matter because you will be doing same damage BUT enemies will have 3x damage themselves! Yaaaay...

If it wasn't for dying non stop just because I don't have damage to get through all that BS and I finally got something good and died it wasn't "oh ok, my bad, I will try better" - it was "for the love of $#@$@#!@ JUST GET RID THAT IDIOTIC HP".

The amount of BS is exponential: enemy hp, qol of attacks (i.e. aoe, projectile count, effects - everything that makes it easier to even hit when trying to run around), enemy projectiles, (seemingly) random explosions out of nowhere, elite poison grub went from something of a minor annoyance to the most ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ bullcrap that even elite pumpkin is nothing compared to - if it decides so, 9-12 huge rings at once, non stop spam of fast projectiles, the amount of grubs is just farked up (and again, hp).

Honestly the only thing that is annoying in all of this is just that ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ hp - because it makes such a huge difference in perks you DON'T WANT AT ALL and perks that makes the whole thing even remotely possible. If it's just me - make me a baby modifier that decreases final hp of enemies by 50%, I don't care. Without all those effects true ultra nightmare has it's too easy, with them, it's an annoying bullcrap. Long since I was so friggin annoyed at something because it was fun, now it's... #@!# BS of RNG.

Best example is fire dash. It's... useless unless you can upgrade it. And even then, you'd need to upgrade it every... 4-5th map to keep up? Where is that even a friggin option?

My other suggestion here is: add that stupid option removal thingy popular in other roguelites, where you have these tokens or whatever to remove something from appearing again and just increase amount of those the higher the difficulty. For the love of - I can manage not winning in 10 tries, but these are not even remotely fun.

It just sounds like you should lower the difficulty.
Alpagaus 19 Jul @ 10:05am 
Originally posted by Joe Cabbage:

While that would be lovely, I would go as far as to say I shouldn't even play the game at all since It's perfect, isn't it? And I shouldn't say anything. After all, it's not like I've pointed at one thing (hp, though in relation, damage) that's an issue, I just said one thing in numerous paragraphs and that is: gaem too hard.

Thanks you, I've attained happiness. Thank you. :praisesun:
Last edited by Alpagaus; 19 Jul @ 10:05am
ROFLCOPTER0331 19 Jul @ 8:01pm 

While that would be lovely, I would go as far as to say I shouldn't even play the game at all since It's perfect, isn't it? And I shouldn't say anything. After all, it's not like I've pointed at one thing (hp, though in relation, damage) that's an issue, I just said one thing in numerous paragraphs and that is: gaem too hard.

No reason to be so crabby about it.
Mewan151 19 Jul @ 9:22pm 
that "quality of life change" with the hammer actually just gutted it, no more fun melee only runs with the hammer. having to hit the ground it so bad and so restricting, makes you entirely vulnerable on the way down and once you're on the ground. please undo this. especially since the hammer looks so sick now. i love your game and want to keep doing melee only runs
Last edited by Mewan151; 19 Jul @ 9:23pm
Alpagaus 21 Jul @ 1:31pm 
Originally posted by ROFLCOPTER0331:
No reason to be so crabby about it.

True, but it also comes from hearing stuff like this for years. It basically says: I don't care what you said, you're wrong. It's not even an argument, it's "nu-uh". So yeah, I am crabby. All hail The Claw!
HolyAlbey 24 Jul @ 12:36am 
i like the sound of that i'll endlessly support you're game
Not a fan of TUC still requiring you to pick up crystals. If that's the case at least make them last for an exorbitant amount of time instead of despawning.
harvest seems to be utterly broken as you physically cant see the aoe bubbles in the current beta
Dalaii 26 Jul @ 12:02pm 
Originally posted by MMMHOTCHEEZE:
Not a fan of TUC still requiring you to pick up crystals. If that's the case at least make them last for an exorbitant amount of time instead of despawning.

yep, its not hard, its annoying and limits the options you have. without movement speed increase, there is a good chance far away kills despawn the crystals faster than you can run to them.
Noisestorm  [developer] 26 Jul @ 4:33pm 
Originally posted by MamiGayming:
harvest seems to be utterly broken as you physically cant see the aoe bubbles in the current beta
Sorry that was a bug- fixed in the newest version (V2054)
Ifcrystals despawn and have to be collected that would be an instant reason to go from full positive review to fully negative review.
I hate when games do that nonsense. I killed the enemy, i earned the rewards. Stop letting me do walking work for no freaking reason.
CQCoder 6 Aug @ 5:47am 

There's always some a$$hat out there that's going to not respond and give you crap. I understand what you are saying and I agree with several of your items.
Originally posted by CQCoder:

There's always some a$$hat out there that's going to not respond and give you crap. I understand what you are saying and I agree with several of your items.

I did respond. I kindly suggested that Alpagaus decrease the difficulty if they were frustrated with how difficult they configured the game to be.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 33 comments
Per page: 1530 50