eSail Sailing Simulator

eSail Sailing Simulator

Anchoring
Can anyone give me some tips or a quick guide. I am a landlocked guy with no sailing experience, and anchoring seems to get the best of me. I kinda get the scope thing, but it seems I am always floating over my anchor, or worse, just dragging it along the bottom of the sea.
< >
Showing 1-4 of 4 comments
cbaldwin256  [developer] 2 May, 2018 @ 1:18am 
Hi Speedy. The scope in the minimum. You might need more chain - that has generally been the issue. To be honest it can be a nightmare in the real world:

You anchor up is some nice little bay. Chain looks nice and taut, transit is good. Engine off and you sip your beer/G&T or whatever. You go to sleep (sort of) then keep waking up, looking at the mooring lights of the other boats around you. Then at 3am you look out and see all the lights have changed position and you have swung around 180 degrees (and of course the wind is now whistling across the deck and halyard is banging against the mast. ) On deck in your underwear you check your depth guage and find you are 1m of water just off the beach, drfting backwards dragging the anchor..
2LaneTraveler 2 May, 2018 @ 6:49pm 
Moving the view camera to underwater allows you to see what the anchor and chain is doing.
Gino 19 Jul @ 3:36pm 
@speedyretreat, the anchor line should be 3 the length of you deep. so in 6m deep water, take 18m of anchorline and nothing will drag over the bottom.
cbaldwin256  [developer] 20 Jul @ 1:40am 
3x scope is really the absolute minimum. Sandy bottom and light winds. And remember to measure from your bow roller to the sea bed. You best off normally with 4x to 6x. Please see our Guide for more information.
< >
Showing 1-4 of 4 comments
Per page: 1530 50