LEGO® DC Super-Villains

LEGO® DC Super-Villains

View Stats:
Jeff! 12 Dec, 2018 @ 9:33pm
Loading problem
So everytime I load up the game, it sits at a black screen for a good esitmation 4 minutes. Next, it'll load up everything at like 1-2fps and I actually can't do anything the music sounds fine, but trying to scroll through anything feels way too laggy.

Any solutions?

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-8250U CPU @ 1.60GHz, 1800 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)

System Model Nitro NP515-51

Last edited by Jeff!; 13 Dec, 2018 @ 8:19am
< >
Showing 1-6 of 6 comments
cimmerian 29 Dec, 2018 @ 9:39am 
I had this problem as well! I just uninstalled my video drivers then reinstalled them. And it seems to have fixed it.
SevenDos 14 Apr, 2019 @ 6:33am 
I have the same laptop, only the core i7 version. Same problem. Can run most games fine, but all these lego games are giving the same issue 4 minutes (give or take) of black screen and when it finally loads some music, I can't do anything. Trying a clean install of the videodrivers now and hope that fixes this problem.
76561198091470389 17 May, 2019 @ 4:39am 
I get this once in a while when booting the game. I've seen the following:
It will hang just after booting (I hear the WB/TT intro video) but it mostly doesn't play (although the audio does). Then, towards the end of the intro, it plays but at like 4 frames :)

Sometimes, on boot, the game just hangs for 4 minutes on a black screen before (or, I believe, sometimes after) the WB/TT intro has played. Eventually though, it loads to the main menu.

Statistically, I'd say this happens once every 25 boots or so (default settings / High, with a resolution of 1440x900).

You could try an 'age old' trick to work around all and sundry glitches in Lego games (to see if it helps). Not sure if this addresses the black screen on boot though (but, it's worth trying :)

Set ALL Video and Effects settings to their lowest values (or 'off' if possible).
Resolution(800x600)
V-sync=Off
Texture Quality=low

All Effect setting= Off or 'low' (whatever the lowest value is).

Quit to the desktop and reboot ..did that have an effect on how the game boots on your machine?

Good luck.

GrimMystic 2 Jul, 2021 @ 12:52pm 
did anyone find a solution?
Originally posted by GrimMystic:
did anyone find a solution?
brother no i have no idea how these games are even allowed to be sold this ♥♥♥♥ is annoying
Game was working fine for me yesterday at 1080p 120 fps but now trying to play today i get 1-2 fps and intro cutscene takes 10+ mins to slowly crawl through just to be stuck on the main menu with 0 fps...
< >
Showing 1-6 of 6 comments
Per page: 1530 50