Songs of Conquest

Songs of Conquest

View Stats:
PvP dead?
Looks like overwhelming majority of players interested only in pve content. Never stumbled upon open pvp game (RU\EU) since purchase. Maybe there is specific time for online battles or it is normal for that kind of games to multiplayer only with couple of friends in private lobby?
< >
Showing 1-9 of 9 comments
I assume there is just not so many players to have an active PvP scene.

You can search for a competitors in SoC discord tho
Last edited by Lumers 🔥; 11 Jul @ 9:08am
Opochtli 11 Jul @ 12:34pm 
i always check if there's any games available online but everything is locked and not more than 2-3 players, no big 6-8 ffa extravaganza, so i guess check on the discord for 1v1s.
Higgins 13 Jul @ 12:58am 
The game itself is great. Unfortunately, there is hardly any PvP. That is also the reason why I stopped playing this game, but I will keep an eye on it.
div.ide 13 Jul @ 3:55am 
This entire game genre plays very slow by design, and even a small 1v1 map skirmish is going to take a time investment from more than 1 person at the same time. Scheduling several hours of uniterrupted playtime for several people is tough (ask any D&D players), so I'd guess most people just don't even try even if they'd be interested to.

Point in case:
Originally posted by Opochtli:
i always check if there's any games available online but everything is locked
but you didn't try opening a lobby yourself, did you?

On top of that, AFAIK there's no matchmaking or public mp ranking working in any capacity (beyond the achievements), and I think that nowadays it's a huge factor in encouraging multiplayer participation.
VeLoNe 13 Jul @ 11:59am 
we have pvp community https://discord.gg/4DVB94vm here you can ez find game, tournament, ranked
Last edited by VeLoNe; 13 Jul @ 12:01pm
Opochtli 13 Jul @ 8:24pm 
Originally posted by div.ide:
This entire game genre plays very slow by design, and even a small 1v1 map skirmish is going to take a time investment from more than 1 person at the same time. Scheduling several hours of uniterrupted playtime for several people is tough (ask any D&D players), so I'd guess most people just don't even try even if they'd be interested to.

Point in case:
i always check if there's any games available online but everything is locked
but you didn't try opening a lobby yourself, did you?

On top of that, AFAIK there's no matchmaking or public mp ranking working in any capacity (beyond the achievements), and I think that nowadays it's a huge factor in encouraging multiplayer participation.

i did open a lobby a few days ago and wrote in the discord if people wanted to join, waited 2 hours and closed the game
VeLoNe 14 Jul @ 2:14am 
i did open a lobby a few days ago and wrote in the discord if people wanted to join, waited 2 hours and closed the game
official discord dead for pvp
Originally posted by Kolensky:
Looks like overwhelming majority of players interested only in pve content. Never stumbled upon open pvp game (RU\EU) since purchase. Maybe there is specific time for online battles or it is normal for that kind of games to multiplayer only with couple of friends in private lobby?
Yes, pvp is here for show, in fact, constant desynchronization and inadequate expectations when playing more than 2 players
Mahavir 29 Jul @ 6:46am 
I either play PvE solo, or PvE/PvP with friends. No reason for me to play against random players, as I perceive SoC as my comfort game, not competitive. I am planning to buy every single DLC on the roadmap and come back to this game for the new campaigns and a few playing sessions with my friends to enjoy the new content.
< >
Showing 1-9 of 9 comments
Per page: 1530 50