Guard Duty

Guard Duty

View Stats:
pfournier33 15 Apr, 2021 @ 7:53pm
Red herrings
So first off I loved it, but I'm curious - there were a couple of spots that made me wonder if they added it and forgot about it.

- The 'crime scene'. The dialogue makes it seem like I need to get by the guard and examine the aftermath. But you never do. What's up with that?

- The bird in Tondbert's room. I used everything in my inventory on it thinking I needed to. The bird wasn't there in the intro scene, so I immediately assumed it had to be a puzzle.

- The shrooms and flowers you found throughout. "If I need it, I'll come back" but you never do.

All these intentional misdirection or just forgotten puzzles never finished?
< >
Showing 1-1 of 1 comments
Headware Games  [developer] 11 May, 2021 @ 8:59am 
Hey, the bird is a leftover bit of a puzzle, so you're right on that. In early versions the bird carried Tondbert's helmet up to his room and there was a puzzle to get it back. We found this was more of a distraction for players. The crime scene was never a puzzle, although could have been better designed to avoid the confusion there. The shrooms and flowers were just a random description :)

A lot of quirks of the game are results of a huge development cycle, I spent 6 years on the game whilst working full time and other commitments. It was also my first large game project, quite a lot was cut to get it finished.

Thanks for playing :)
< >
Showing 1-1 of 1 comments
Per page: 1530 50