Project Wingman

Project Wingman

View Stats:
The discussion of FL-59 and sector D2 is as a problem as D2's actions
TLDR: The controversies that surround D2's recent actions are more problematic to the game than the exclusivity of FL-59 and D2's lack of transparency in my opinion

As some one who has project wingman on the back burner of "thing to give a ♥♥♥♥ about" i find the controversy surrounding FL-59's exclusivity on the PS5 and sector D2's lack of communication to be generally a waste of time

My personal opinions on the current situation: I don't find it very good that 6 missions of a game i had a lot of fun playing are exclusive to the PS5 I can understand the decision to have FL-59 be exclusive to the PS5. I have done very basic work with the unreal engine (school stuff) and don't have much qualifications to say very accuratly on the pacing of updates of project wingman. All i know is that game devlopment takes a long time, like a very long time, espically if you are doing it alone. I can safely say don't expect sector D2 (which is 1 music composer, 1 story writer, and one actual developer) to be able to make a lot of project wingman related content because it is effectively just one guy making the entire game. I do feel bitter at how PC got the short end of the stick with FL-59, but at least FL-59 looks fun, which is good because it means that D2 likely made FL-59 with care.

However, the problem i have with FL-59 and sector D2's horrid communication is the hate mob that formed and the "controversy" around FL-59's exclusivity. I have problems with both sides of the argument
For the FL-59 and sector D2's defenders and most arguments surrounding beta 2.0 there isn't very concrete evidence to support anyone's claims, infomation is nebelus at best and arguments defending D2's behavior are generally weak. Most arguments are cookie-cutter "its only one dev" but still have some validity

However, the sector D2 hate mob has some extremely horrid behavior which is the main motivator for me starting this specific discussion. Although the arguments this side brings up are generally more solid, some of them I agree with (selling out to Sony partially and the lack of communication being a problem fully) are usually presented with some extremely problematic attitudes and behaviors.

A good majority of arguments made by the hate mob are extremely solid, aileniating player-bases/fandom, however certain things like "D2 is a sellout" are less solid and can be easily presented as projection, but can still be used as a solid argument. However the downfall has to be the extreme intolerance to even the thought of anything being good in FL-59 and beta 2.0, I have seen people getting insulted for the mere act of disagreeing or making arguments against the hate.

Another problem with this side of the argument is that arguments or points are often taken way to far to the point where it loses meaning and degrades to "stop having fun because. . ." which is not a good impression. The worst part is that the extreme nature of the arguments and the intolerance to other opinions from the hate group could ailenate the project wingman fan base more than FL-59 being exclusive to PS5, this is because a lot of aggression are directed to people who don't agree with them. Overall, the 2.0beta and FL-59 and sector D2's controversies are more of a problem to me rather than the things the controvercies surround.
Last edited by OldCreek; 20 Feb @ 1:57pm
< >
Showing 1-14 of 14 comments
Echo 17 Feb @ 3:14am 
Please edit your post into a more readable format. Just adding some tabs and newlines to properly separate paragraphs would go a long way.
I feel like even if they say something, people will hate regardless. I feel more bad about the people on console as their ports aren't up to par. Sure, PS5 gets exclusive content which only consist of 6 VR missions but PC gets to play the entire game in VR.

I've already reviewed the game on Steam and I'd give it close a 7/10. However, if I were to play it on console, it'd be closer to a 6/10.
TheSha 20 Feb @ 3:17pm 
Here's my take on the situation:

Most of the people that are pissed because of the exclusivity stuff feel that way because of the absolutely aborrhent lack of comunication from the devs, I bought the game on day one and I'm still waiting for different aspects of it to be fixed, the xbox lads are in an even worse situation with their game being quite broken.

An announcement was made regarding the 1.5 update and then we never heard anything from the devs for over a year, and after that we find out that during the time we thought they were working on this update, they instead made something that we, the initial supporters of the game that are still waiting for years for some bugfixes, can't even play if we don't own a specific system.

Had we received better communication (or even better that infamous update) before the devs moved onto this new project, I bet 99% of the community would've been perfectly ok with it.
But as things stand right now, they have shown once again that their communication is extremely lacking because this (also kinda broken) beta came out months ago and we didn't hear a damn word since.
Last edited by TheSha; 20 Feb @ 3:18pm
Originally posted by TheSha:

Most of the people that are pissed because of the exclusivity stuff feel that way because of the absolutely aborrhent lack of comunication from the devs, I bought the game on day one and I'm still waiting for different aspects of it to be fixed, the xbox lads are in an even worse situation with their game being quite broken.

An announcement was made regarding the 1.5 update and then we never heard anything from the devs for over a year, and after that we find out that during the time we thought they were working on this update, they instead made something that we, the initial supporters of the game that are still waiting for years for some bugfixes, can't even play if we don't own a specific system.

Had we received better communication (or even better that infamous update) before the devs moved onto this new project, I bet 99% of the community would've been perfectly ok with it.
But as things stand right now, they have shown once again that their communication is extremely lacking because this (also kinda broken) beta came out months ago and we didn't hear a damn word since.
99 % of the community is fine with the situation, there are a dozen or so entitled whiners on the Steam forum compared to tens of thousands of customers, if not more.
Last edited by Rufus Shinra; 20 Feb @ 10:16pm
TheSha 21 Feb @ 1:19am 
Originally posted by Rufus Shinra:
Originally posted by TheSha:

99 % of the community is fine with the situation, there are a dozen or so entitled whiners on the Steam forum compared to tens of thousands of customers, if not more.
Trying to make you understand a simple concept is seemingly impossible and you are litterally on every post defending D2 without even trying to hear what others have to say, only calling "entitled" people with a different opinion
Not wasting my time with you sorry
Last edited by TheSha; 21 Feb @ 1:19am
Duelist9 25 Apr @ 11:28am 
Personally I'm annoyed about it, because I'd really like to play those 6 missions. The game itself is already great though. I can see why the backers would be more annoyed, it's a sort of betrayal.
Vimini 27 Apr @ 10:17am 
Not much to say other than horrid communications, blue balling about giving updates and releasing an exclusive mission set on a $400 console im not buying. While I do understand why D2 did what they did with PW59 honestly id say Im allowed to be bitter that the main version of the game has gotten the short-end of the stick with support and content when ive bought this game for myself and a friend in the hopes it receives at least some post-launch support and wouldve happily handed over some more for extra missions but whatever its obvious Sony gave them enough that the possible revenue from this being an all platform DLC wasnt worth it.
Orifan1 28 Apr @ 7:45pm 
Originally posted by OldCreek:
A good majority of arguments made by the hate mob are extremely solid, aileniating player-bases/fandom, however certain things like "D2 is a sellout" are less solid and can be easily presented as projection, but can still be used as a solid argument. However the downfall has to be the extreme intolerance to even the thought of anything being good in FL-59 and beta 2.0, I have seen people getting insulted for the mere act of disagreeing or making arguments against the hate.
i mean... they literally are a sellout. they chose corpo money over supporting fans. thats THE DEFINITION of "sellout". there's no fault, no liquid ground, and no stretches there. and beta 2.0 literally is a downgrade to the promised features of 1.5. in 1.5 we were gonna get new planes and ♥♥♥♥ and instead we got... new, visual effects and glitches. the former of which most people wont even be able to use because they dont have an nshityourself RTX 69420.

woohoo.

oh yea and i guess ONE new plane. in conquest. one new plane that was... *rustling paper* ...huh. says here it was already flyable on launch with mods. so, D2 literally changed a single value. yay.
Valden21 29 Apr @ 9:22am 
It seems to me that OP's making the claim that the controversy surrounding this decision has become more about the controversy itself, rather than the actual issues that started the controversy. Judging by what I've seen in this thread so far, OP's right. It HAS become more about the controversy. Just within the first few posts, we've got people dividing themselves into different camps, and there's a definite "with us or against us" feel about the whole thing.
Dr_Skoda 31 Jul @ 7:03am 
People said the same thing about Ace Combat 7's VR mode that was exclusive to PSVR.

We won't see FL-59 because Sony is Sony, much like how AC7 on PC won't see the PS4 VR missions.

I thought everyone agreed that Sony's pretty much the gatekeeping ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ of the industry these days.
Last edited by Dr_Skoda; 31 Jul @ 7:04am
Originally posted by Dr_Skoda:
People said the same thing about Ace Combat 7's VR mode that was exclusive to PSVR.

We won't see FL-59 because Sony is Sony, much like how AC7 on PC won't see the PS4 VR missions.

I thought everyone agreed that Sony's pretty much the gatekeeping ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ of the industry these days.
We don't deserve FL59
Originally posted by Swattii:
We don't deserve FL59
But you know what I thought about them who had played F-59 since this Beta branch came out?

Jealousy. Yeah, it's what I said. People who can't afford playing games on consoles that are getting expensive day by day (I won't be surprised if another similar, next-generation console will be out in like 5 to 10 years) having their hands on a game's DLC that is exclusive to consoles are jealous and despising the practices the company has done to constrain the game developers.

I don't say my piece on this out loud, cursing this exclusivity deal, but let's say that I'm on the same boat as you and the others are. Even though the missions I saw on YouTube look fun, the more I watch them play, the more jealous I become because people who have PS4/PS5 consoles can have their taste on F-59 while us don't.
rane 8 Aug @ 2:30am 
Originally posted by Swattii:
Originally posted by Dr_Skoda:

We don't deserve FL59
I hope sony reads this bro
Daniel H 24 Aug @ 1:29pm 
No wonder i couldnt find anything about FL59 on Steam and even worse, i didnt even know anything about this DLC until just few weeks ago.

I then went and viewed the trailer that was on Playstation channel and realised the DLC was only for that console. You can imagine how frustrated i am considering i bought the original game back in 2020.

The lack of communication as what others said above just makes things even worse for D2 community.
< >
Showing 1-14 of 14 comments
Per page: 1530 50