Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition

Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition

View Stats:
Zulu 11 Aug @ 11:19pm
So whens the new DLC being released?
They said there would be a new DLC 'later in the year'. They said this in what, February? Its now almost mid August with no new update.

Some news would be good, and some updates to keep the game actually alive.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 18 comments
James3157 12 Aug @ 12:19am 
It is surprising to me how many people seem to be living under a rock and mention nothing about the Fall, but AoE III: DE is probably not coming out for the Fall part of September. Forgotten Empires specifically said it is coming this Fall meaning it is not coming before the first official day of Fall, but did not say when it is coming for this Fall. If I had to take a guess I would say that this this dlc is probably not coming out on the same day as AoM: Retold and more likely that AoM: Retold is officially coming out earlier than this game.

AoM: Retold is currently only in Beta right now, but AoM: Retold if I am not mistaken for the full version where they get past Beta is not supposed to take place until this Fall. If AoM: Retold for the full version were to come out this October then perhaps AoE III: DE will come out this November or the Fall part of December at the very latest. (Edit) AoM: Retold is not coming this Fall, but on September 4th.
Last edited by James3157; 19 Aug @ 7:33am
Jonasnee 18 Aug @ 3:27pm 
Oh boy were back to discussing what constitute a season?
.:Jj:. 18 Aug @ 4:29pm 
It was a loose declaration. Games with hundreds of millions of dollars worth of budget can be pushed back numerous times. It's more common than not having any delays (above the early access level).
This is a small DLC, maybe just a civ content pack. It can be announced in detail a few weeks before release. It can be done 01.12 and it can come before Xmas, and it wouldn't be weird.

It will come out when it's ready, and they will share news as soon as they have anything to share. Nothing really more to add now, the priority is the upcoming AoM, most likely 'all hand on deck' situation (QA, bug fixing, polish).
Zulu 20 Aug @ 1:12am 
Originally posted by Jonasnee:

I would expect more of a response from a Moderator, not gonna lie.
Ash//Fox 21 Aug @ 8:43pm 
Probably November
"late 2024" means well, between october 2024 and january 2025 imho
Last edited by platypus_slayer1; 21 Aug @ 9:46pm
Jonasnee 24 Aug @ 2:35am 
Originally posted by Zulu:

If i knew it would be NDA. For the next month we have AOM and probably all hands on deck for that, id expect somewhere between october and early december.
Last edited by Jonasnee; 24 Aug @ 2:35am
Nicius 24 Aug @ 7:11am 
Originally posted by Zulu:

Sad to disappoint, but even moderators are just humans :P
Rhalius 25 Aug @ 6:45am 
Well right now they are obviously focused on Age of Mythology: Retold which comes out soon so they want it to have the full spot light.
Once it's out for a month or so they might start hyping up the AOE3 DLC, showing a trailer of it.

I personally figure the expansion will be out in November. If earlier that's neat but I'm not counting on that.
blauden97 26 Aug @ 12:08pm 
Probably in November this year?
Originally posted by blauden97:

I'll say December. Before that would be great
Personally, I expect it to come out in December... Just in time for Xmas.

But... it's just me.
Originally posted by El Ranger Blanco:
Originally posted by blauden97:

I'll say December. Before that would be great

I was originally open to the idea with the fall part of December, but only problem is that achievement 319 first showed up on Age of Empires II: Definition Edition from the previous month. I am not certain of what that is, but I think it was probably a mistake to show up this early and possibly might be related to the next upcoming dlc which is probably coming after AoE III: DE's dlc and not before. If that is true AoE II: DE is getting another dlc this year I am thinking probably December or later instead of earlier while AoE III: DE's dlc is coming earlier during November since we knew about this dlc much longer than AoE II: DE's next dlc after Victors and Vanquished.

I am predicting AoE II: DE's next dlc is probably coming early 2025 (which is sometime around January until March or April, but before May) or December of this year. However, contrary to AoE III: DE's dlc I think it is possible that AoE II: DE's dlc could potentially come out during the winter part of December as well and not just the fall part of it. Not necessarily releasing on Christmas Day, but shortly before or shortly after and if shortly after Christmas Day but on the same month it is probably going to be on New Year's Eve which is a Tuesday or if coming shortly before it would be releasing on December 24th (Tuesday) which is Christmas Eve even if that does seem highly unlikely because of them both being based on holidays.
Last edited by James3157; 1 Sep @ 6:28am
Nah... Before Xmas seems more likely has people will still have money to spare. After Xmas or in January peoples (in general) are broke and their credit cards are maxed out... they wouldn't sell much in such a time.

IF they push the release date back to 2025, then it won't be before February.
Originally posted by DMProtector:
Nah... Before Xmas seems more likely has people will still have money to spare. After Xmas or in January peoples (in general) are broke and their credit cards are maxed out... they wouldn't sell much in such a time.

IF they push the release date back to 2025, then it won't be before February.

They said this fall meaning that this dlc with Polish and Danish is probably not coming later than December. They are just not going to announce its official release until probably sometime after AoM: Retold comes out on September 4th. I am not saying that 2025 can be ruled out entirely, but it does not seem likely. The next dlc for AoE II: DE is more likely to come out early next year than dlc for AoE III: DE.
Last edited by James3157; 1 Sep @ 10:15am
< >
Showing 1-15 of 18 comments
Per page: 1530 50