Bravery and Greed

Bravery and Greed

View Stats:
How many stages are there?
So I finished a run rather fast. As in, saw end credits. However, with games like Binding of Isaac, that is only the beginning. After that, you can do another run, get more levels, get ending credits, another run, even more levels etc. So am wondering, is there more here too or is that all? I did, I think... 6 levels or so? There are 4 I think before you can open the door, and then some area, and then a final one. I think. Fought some iron robo king like that constantly spawned humanoid guys, and I fought a dragon before.

Anything after that?
< >
Showing 1-3 of 3 comments
Joe Blob  [developer] 31 May @ 8:05pm 
Hello, and welcome!

There are a total of 4 dungeons and the last one with a two different bosses.
There are no additional levels, like in Binding of Isaac, but it's more like Hades with Pacts of
Punishment, where you can use your Tarot Cards to make the game more difficult but get more gold (and unlock new gear and followers).

The real end game is finishing the game with all tarot cards activated, and/or using the Moon Arcanum to play in Endless mode and complete the second loop (or even third if you really think you have a god build).

If you are wondering, Tarot Cards are achievement related. You can have a glimpse at everything there is to unlock (and various stats) if you browse the Log.

Ideally, we would have liked to produce more content for the game, but current sales and player base do not allow us to do so, as new content must be ported to consoles and this is quite a budget.

I hope this answered your question and that you are enjoying the game even if you wished there were more levels :)
I see. Yes, I was using the tarot cards along the way to add more stuff. Regarding the lack of content, the investment always is a question. Perhaps if you invest in getting more content, the sales increase too.

Conceptually, the game is fairly enjoyable. But I was put off by the comments that mentioned the lack of difficulty. Now, it wasn't as easy as I feared it would be (or perhaps it was adjusted), but still, being able to almost finish the game with attempt 3 or so is not a good thing. If there is a lack of content, you could go the oldschool route of increasing the difficulty a lot. The first games lacked in content too, so to compensate it was so hard that you'd have to spend a lot of coins in order to get anywhere. It isn't a bad idea here, as, from what I can tell, that is the main issue.
Joe Blob  [developer] 1 Jun @ 6:30am 
You should really try to finish the game with all tarot cards activated, this is a real challenge and will definitely bump up the difficulty.

I've indeed seen players managing to reach and beat one of the endbosses within 3 to 5 hours, this is normal and expected. If you're good you can win your first run of Slay the Spire on the first try, but winning ascension 20 is another story and usually requires a lot more tries.

Winning a game with +200% gold (from tarot cards) has been achieved by 2% players, and approx 1% players manage to finish the game with all cards activated.

About more content being added to boost up player base: in theory it could work, and it would be a risky gamble, but statistically speaking this would not have a big impact in our case, it's mostly Steam Algorithm which decides what is showcased and the resulting sales.
(And it's not up to us to decide, it depends on our publisher).
< >
Showing 1-3 of 3 comments
Per page: 1530 50