Bravery and Greed

Bravery and Greed

View Stats:
Is it only me ?
Is it only me who finds that Quick Reset during Adventure time misleading and annoying ?
U would think that it would only Quick Reset the current Dungeon that u are in, not restart your run and lose you all progression.
< >
Showing 1-2 of 2 comments
Joe Blob  [developer] 2 Jul @ 7:23am 
Hello,
The game is a roguelite/like game, which means that once you die, you start all over (permadeath). Quick restart allows you to restart your run without the hassle of having to go through the lobby.

What I mean is that it's not a game with checkpoints: to win the game, one has to win all five dungeons in one go (but ofc you can save and resume your run later).

Once you've reached a dungeon (except the last one), it's unlocked. You can play dungeons in the order you choose (but dungeon 2 will be harder than dungeon 1, no matter which biome). So if you want to restart a game from your latest dungeon, it will still count as a new run (level will have a different generation) and you will still have to complete all four dungeons to reach the 5th one.

Roguelite games usually have short runs, meaning it'll take you one hour and a half to finish a full run. The replayability lies in the fact that each run is different (different levels and gear) and since you're making the most of what you're being given, you have to find the best build possible with the gear available. Also, once you have unlocked some achievements, you will unlock cards that will allow to spice up difficulty for a customized experience.

I hope I didn't make the wrong assumptions about your question.
Originally posted by Joe Blob:
Hello,
The game is a roguelite/like game, which means that once you die, you start all over (permadeath). Quick restart allows you to restart your run without the hassle of having to go through the lobby.

What I mean is that it's not a game with checkpoints: to win the game, one has to win all five dungeons in one go (but ofc you can save and resume your run later).

Once you've reached a dungeon (except the last one), it's unlocked. You can play dungeons in the order you choose (but dungeon 2 will be harder than dungeon 1, no matter which biome). So if you want to restart a game from your latest dungeon, it will still count as a new run (level will have a different generation) and you will still have to complete all four dungeons to reach the 5th one.

Roguelite games usually have short runs, meaning it'll take you one hour and a half to finish a full run. The replayability lies in the fact that each run is different (different levels and gear) and since you're making the most of what you're being given, you have to find the best build possible with the gear available. Also, once you have unlocked some achievements, you will unlock cards that will allow to spice up difficulty for a customized experience.

I hope I didn't make the wrong assumptions about your question.

Yup I was talking about this, I just hoped that it will be more clearly stated since there isn't too much explanation about it in game and "Quick Restart" can either point out to more than just one conclusion so adding like either explanation or changed name of it to "Quick New Game" would make it more clear.
Also by explanation I mean like putting a Question Mark next to button which when player select/point with cursor, would explain what this does.
Last edited by PAINKILLER; 2 Jul @ 8:07am
< >
Showing 1-2 of 2 comments
Per page: 1530 50