Bravery and Greed

Bravery and Greed

View Stats:
Do co-op players get achievements?
Or is the host the only one that gets achievements?
< >
Showing 1-6 of 6 comments
Joe Blob  [developer] 14 Jun @ 5:14pm 
Hello,
Everybody gets achievements, not only the host.
Sometimes one of the players will get an achievement that the other ones do not get because of the way they play (like using a Wand a certain amount of times during a run).
But anything you do while playing on someone's server will affect your own progress, not only the games you host.
Last edited by Joe Blob; 14 Jun @ 5:14pm
[OT]Nekrage 14 Jun @ 5:25pm 
Originally posted by Joe Blob:
Hello,
Everybody gets achievements, not only the host.
Sometimes one of the players will get an achievement that the other ones do not get because of the way they play (like using a Wand a certain amount of times during a run).
But anything you do while playing on someone's server will affect your own progress, not only the games you host.

Awesome. That's how all co-op games should be designed.

You sold 4 copies ;)
Joe Blob  [developer] 14 Jun @ 5:41pm 
Thanks a lot :) I hope you and your group will enjoy the game!
So...are we supposed to fight our own co-op partners and steal from them?

Kinda kills the co-op vibe honestly.
Joe Blob  [developer] 16 Jun @ 5:07am 
You are not supposed to fight your partners, you are supposed to help each other so everybody makes it out in one piece and wins the run. There is no Friendly Fire (apart from two items than can injure everybody). The only real way to fight team mates and settle scores is to play PvP/Team PvP, which is only a submode in the game, for people who enjoy this kind of thing.

While there is the option to loot a bit of gold when reviving an ally, this is entirely optional and is only for "scoring" or teasing your teammates, and has no other consequences: at the end of the run, everybody gets everybody's gold (not just theirs) added to their greed o meter for unlocks. In the end, everybody wins the same stuff (apart from some individual playstyle differences granting achievements to some players only, like I said in my first reply).

While there is a bit a "competition" for scoring, progress is shared amongst all players. We tried to design the game so there could be no toxic behaviour (like leaving a dead ally behind and ignoring them) when playing with randoms. Playing with other players will usually net a bit more more unlocks/progression than playing alone.

What do you mean by "fighting your own co-op partners"? Did I miss something?
Last edited by Joe Blob; 16 Jun @ 5:16am
Originally posted by Joe Blob:
You are not supposed to fight your partners, you are supposed to help each other so everybody makes it out in one piece and wins the run. There is no Friendly Fire (apart from two items than can injure everybody). The only real way to fight team mates and settle scores is to play PvP/Team PvP, which is only a submode in the game, for people who enjoy this kind of thing.

While there is the option to loot a bit of gold when reviving an ally, this is entirely optional and is only for "scoring" or teasing your teammates, and has no other consequences: at the end of the run, everybody gets everybody's gold (not just theirs) added to their greed o meter for unlocks. In the end, everybody wins the same stuff (apart from some individual playstyle differences granting achievements to some players only, like I said in my first reply).

While there is a bit a "competition" for scoring, progress is shared amongst all players. We tried to design the game so there could be no toxic behaviour (like leaving a dead ally behind and ignoring them) when playing with randoms. Playing with other players will usually net a bit more more unlocks/progression than playing alone.

What do you mean by "fighting your own co-op partners"? Did I miss something?

Thanks a ton for the clarification. Haven't played yet, was watching the video on Steam about stealing gold and such. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't going to ruin the fun for the team :)
< >
Showing 1-6 of 6 comments
Per page: 1530 50