Grounded

Grounded

View Stats:
Something That's Been Bothering Me
Ok, a lot of people are simply not going to remember, and may need to fire off a new game, or go for a long walk to see that I am not making this up but this is bothering me:

When you first spawn into the yard, you appear in "The Kid Case". This is the briefcase we see dropping into the yard on a parachute, that we first spawn in. Take a very close look at this case:

You will see that it contains 5 slots for a kid - One for Max, one for Willow, one for Pete, and one for Allison. WHO THE HECK is Kid #5? What happened to #5?

I hate to have to do this, it's so bad, but... "Is #5 even alive"? (Suffer that bad movie pun).
< >
Showing 1-15 of 17 comments
I noticed that as well a while ago.

My initial guess was that kid #5 would possibly be coming as extra playable character in some DLC, but so far there hasn't been any actual clue about that.

Story wise, "technically" the 5th slot could simply have been an empty slot, and the case was just made to carry "up to" 5 kids.
indigo 2 Jan @ 10:44am 
Originally posted by Serpiko82:
I noticed that as well a while ago.

My initial guess was that kid #5 would possibly be coming as extra playable character in some DLC, but so far there hasn't been any actual clue about that.

Story wise, "technically" the 5th slot could simply have been an empty slot, and the case was just made to carry "up to" 5 kids.

I suppose the "built for 5" might be an option, but I find it hard to believe even in the Grounded Universe, anyone is manufacturing "Miniature Human Shipping Containers", so this has to be some sort of custom design, and designed to hold one more than we get.

Personally, I think a Resident Evil styled "bonus" character unlock would have been great. Give us "Timmy the Senior" or a random, but not dead yet, Ominent 'grunt', like the dead ones we find in strange places if we do that Special Thing, whatever that might be.
indigo 15 Jan @ 4:40am 
I'm starting to wonder if slot #5 was for Kenny McCormick. If so, we've a good idea what they did to him.
There are corpses found around the map in niche little areas. Some are identifiable as research assistants who went insane and wandered off or got involved in an accident. The few that remain are just skeletons with nothing identifying them. Kid #5 could very well be out there, in another yard or even in the house (story-wise of course). Or, Kid #5 could very well still be in Ominent's lab waiting to be shrunk. Although, it could be Ominent planned for 5 kids and something went wrong with one of them. We'll likely never find out the whole story with that.
Spice 17 Jan @ 5:33pm 
Originally posted by Mynx-In-Match:
... or even in the house (story-wise of course).

Ooooh, "in the house" would be awesome DLC!

attic full of webs and spiders, moths, cellar full of all kinds of creepy crawlies - centipedes, millipedes...
Teen #5 - is in the same situation as "The Door"

Updates of "Some kind" are coming
Originally posted by Pigeon_Chest:
Teen #5 - is in the same situation as "The Door"

Updates of "Some kind" are coming
Kind of, except afaik slot #5 has been in the case since forever
he got taken to epstien island
19 Jan @ 1:06am 
maybe doctor Wendell
Originally posted by :
maybe doctor Wendell
? How would the Ominent "Teen Trials" include a previously fired (and missing for months) Dr Wendell Tulley?
tesss 25 Apr @ 8:38am 
There's also a note from the 5th kid somewhere in the garden. It says:
Dear whoever,
NO idea what's going on! I woke up with 4 other kids in a giant lawn. I tried to wake them, but they're super zonked out, and honestly seem better off tucked in that box for now.

All I know is there's little huts with too many computers and not enough snacks, spiders are hunting me, and I need to find us a safe pl (the rest of the note is torn).
Originally posted by tesss:
Dear whoever,
NO idea what's going on! I woke up with 4 other kids in a giant lawn. I tried to wake them, but they're super zonked out, and honestly seem better off tucked in that box for now.

All I know is there's little huts with too many computers and not enough snacks, spiders are hunting me, and I need to find us a safe pl (the rest of the note is torn).
I wonder who this is meant to be, given that all or most of the skeletons you find are Ominent employees. Part of me is sure this was added as a bandage-slap and doesn't extend much further than that tent and the Hastily Written Note but who knows, maybe there is something more to it?
It's (probably) NOT gonna happen, but wouldn't it be cool (or tragic if you like the 5th kid) if you find the torn off portion of that note when looting the BM or IBM. :D

Yeah, kinda sick but I'm gonna OWN IT.
Originally posted by SpectrumSmoke:
Originally posted by tesss:
Dear whoever,

I wonder who this is meant to be, given that all or most of the skeletons you find are Ominent employees. Part of me is sure this was added as a bandage-slap and doesn't extend much further than that tent and the Hastily Written Note but who knows, maybe there is something more to it?
Is this note real? I haven't found it yet. Where is it?

If so, I think that the uncertain destiny of the 5th kid, as well as that of the other kidnapped kids, leaves a door open for their possible appearance in a sequel. One or more of them may have survived, and we may meet them some years later as some sort of Robinson Crusoe NPC survivors.
Originally posted by Serpiko82:
Originally posted by SpectrumSmoke:
Is this note real? I haven't found it yet. Where is it?

If so, I think that the uncertain destiny of the 5th kid, as well as that of the other kidnapped kids, leaves a door open for their possible appearance in a sequel. One or more of them may have survived, and we may meet them some years later as some sort of Robinson Crusoe NPC survivors.
It's the Hastily Written Note.

It's found under the porch of the house directly adjacent to the overturned paint can. There's a clover lean-to that the note is next to
< >
Showing 1-15 of 17 comments
Per page: 1530 50