Grounded

Grounded

View Stats:
Is it just me or does New Game+ kinda... suck?
I loved the base game experience and I was so excited to hear there was a new game+ option only to be superbly disappointed.

- No new armor set bonuses/remixed armour set bonuses (except the Burgl thing)
- Not being able to upgrade any item to tier 3
- No new ranged options
- More grinding molars for the exact same buffs
- Poorly tuned grinding and enemy scaling
- Modifiers that one shot you
- More base raiding when that is already a tedious and frustrating mechanic
- No new content outside of the infected ant queens, a randomised and incredibly grindy trinket system and a handful of melee weapons
- No changes to how you play the game apart from having to tune into min/maxing and with the current balance of the game means you are forced to run the same handful of builds
- No extra trinket slots/mutation slots

Idk, I feel like it was such a cool idea but so poorly implemented that I rushed the first remix just to get the achievement and then stopped.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 17 comments
I didn't even know there was a NG+ thanks for the info on that lol
from what you described it seems kinda boring though.
Zeradus 8 Jul @ 9:11am 
I sorta agree. I honestly wish that the one-shot instakill mutators get taken away. Tired of fighting an ant and out of nowhere it pops a sour staff spell literally kills you before you can get away from it even with maxed out armor and health in even NG+1
Yep I agree. Especially the one shot part is a huge turn off since it is just cheap and annnoying
Last edited by Humpenstilzchen; 8 Jul @ 10:13am
Originally posted by Limesy:
I loved the base game experience and I was so excited to hear there was a new game+ option only to be superbly disappointed.

- No new armor set bonuses/remixed armour set bonuses (except the Burgl thing)
- Not being able to upgrade any item to tier 3
- No new ranged options
- More grinding molars for the exact same buffs
- Poorly tuned grinding and enemy scaling
- Modifiers that one shot you
- More base raiding when that is already a tedious and frustrating mechanic
- No new content outside of the infected ant queens, a randomised and incredibly grindy trinket system and a handful of melee weapons
- No changes to how you play the game apart from having to tune into min/maxing and with the current balance of the game means you are forced to run the same handful of builds
- No extra trinket slots/mutation slots

Idk, I feel like it was such a cool idea but so poorly implemented that I rushed the first remix just to get the achievement and then stopped.
Agreed. 100%ed NG+4 and it was absolutely horrible. Max health in all NG+ levels and base level, damage resist trinket (Which is 50% damage reduction), in maxed out roly poly armor, bulky for extra resist, still getting 2-3 tapped by some combos. It's absolutely insane. REALLY need to be able to upgrade armor past 9.
NG+ is really fun for the first 2 quests

Once you get to the wave defence and you really need health- the one shots....

NG+2 is basically turning on "Hurt Me More" on Doom- which is *NOT* why I play Grounded.

Is anyone in NG+4 having fun with basic enemy Insta kills with Full sets of Armour or is this what you were hoping for?

I've seen the gameplay waiting for me in NG+2 and I'm not remixing again because of it.

I have no idea why they thought defence wasn't needed but they killed my one save files fun casual feel- and nothing I do makes bugs less horribly annoying.

Grinding for the resources to upgrade weapons would much more tolerable if Armour got buffs but as it stands I just don't login right now since it's so unfun and torturous to play my once beloved save file.

The molars are cool stickers, but I really kinda sad to see no new Mutations aside from the Ant ones.
Then I was 100% genuinely sad to the point where I frowned when I saw nothing new for Defence- like, at all.

This update was shaping up to be awesome until the balance fell through like the Husky Guy in the Dunk Tank.

Edit: TLDR; Great update with great ideas done badly only due to negligence of defence.
Last edited by Pigeon Chest; 8 Jul @ 11:42pm
Originally posted by Pigeon Chest:

NG+2 is basically turning on "Hurt Me More" on Doom- which is *NOT* why I play Grounded.

Is anyone in NG+4 having fun with basic enemy Insta kills with Full sets of Armour or is this what you were hoping for?

I've seen the gameplay waiting for me in NG+2 and I'm not remixing again because of it.

I have no idea why they thought defence wasn't needed but they killed my one save files fun casual feel- and nothing I do makes bugs less horribly annoying.

Grinding for the resources to upgrade weapons would much more tolerable if Armour got buffs but as it stands I just don't login right now since it's so unfun and torturous to play my once beloved save file.

The molars are cool stickers, but I really kinda sad to see no new Mutations aside from the Ant ones.
Then I was 100% genuinely sad to the point where I frowned when I saw nothing new for Defence- like, at all.

This update was shaping up to be awesome until the balance fell through like the Husky Guy in the Dunk Tank.

Edit: TLDR; Great update with great ideas done badly only due to negligence of defence.

Second Edit: When I said I wanted to play the game forever, I didn't mean turn it into a Bullet Hell...
Difficult is fine- but imagine if you were given a spoon to fight A Souls Boss- and if they touch you then you die immediately. That's what this game has become for most people...

I see people saying they just avoid the entire NG+ and started new save files to explore the new Ant content. Is that really what the devs want from us? I doubt it was supposed to ship this way... do you think Papa Microsoft is giving them the MacroHard-Time up their A**? Or did they just get bored with this IP?

I didn't have fun with enemies in BG4, but I learned to parry most enemies very well. Ladybird Larvae and ants were my weakness. Black Ox, Ladybirds, Ladybugs, Moths, etc, were childs play.
Aside from defense issues regarding armor and MIXR’s my other problem with NG+ is how far in a lot of the new gear is taking multiple playthroughs to reach AND the incredibly lazy reskin designs for most of the new weapons.
Originally posted by SharpWits:
I didn't have fun with enemies in BG4, but I learned to parry most enemies very well. Ladybird Larvae and ants were my weakness. Black Ox, Ladybirds, Ladybugs, Moths, etc, were childs play.

Yeah, no- my point was defence events have 80 bugs at once and you're not going to be perfect blocking anything. How do you handle that in NG+1,2,3,4,ect?

Yeah, no- my point was defence events have 80 bugs at once and you're not going to be perfect blocking anything. How do you handle that in NG+1,2,3,4,ect?
If this game had stats, it would say I probably used about 20,000 mushroom bricks lol. Walls, walls, more walls, some walls over there to distract, walls where they spawn, walls next to where they spawn. Also saving before because if you get an infused anything, it's just time to reset because they just bulldoze through ♥♥♥♥ and you can't do anything about it. One of my mix.rs, I had an infused roly poly literally break through 4 layers of ASH CONCRETE walls like it wasn't even grass. Holy ♥♥♥♥.

If this game had stats, it would say I probably used about 20,000 mushroom bricks lol. Walls, walls, more walls, some walls over there to distract, walls where they spawn, walls next to where they spawn. Also saving before because if you get an infused anything, it's just time to reset because they just bulldoze through ♥♥♥♥ and you can't do anything about it. One of my mix.rs, I had an infused roly poly literally break through 4 layers of ASH CONCRETE walls like it wasn't even grass. Holy ♥♥♥♥.
Yeah- NG+ is unfun for that reason alone
Grimm 10 Jul @ 1:10am 
yea the ng+ thing is kinda dumb i dont like it
Originally posted by Grimm:
yea the ng+ thing is kinda dumb i dont like it

It had great potential but I feel like they rushed it and, well, this is what we were left with.
Yeah- NG+ is unfun for that reason alone
Yeah I 100% see why some don't find it fun. I had plenty of rage through my playthroughs. I just wanted my 100% back.
Love <3 11 Jul @ 7:33pm 
I fully agree ! And the fact than some cool stuff is locked behind NG+ is so unfair for people like me who doesn't want to go in NG+ ! Like 2 cool BURGL carpets, the weapons, all stuff from the Ant Queens, the COOL Amor and Spatula of BURGL etc...
< >
Showing 1-15 of 17 comments
Per page: 1530 50