Grounded

Grounded

View Stats:
Grounded 2
Grounded 2 will hopefully be coming soon in 2026-2028

Comment on what you would like the developers to add to the sequel. Old is good but new is better.

etc
< >
Showing 1-15 of 45 comments
1. Exploration

A. House (1st floor, ground floor and basement)
B. Back yard
C. Front yard
D. Garage and shed
E. More Complex Underground Tunnels
F. Tree House

2. Fighting

A. More Species
B. Bosses
C. More weapons

3. NPCs

A. Giants and giantesses (Death scenes added)
B. Interactable NPCs that trade and give you missions
C. NPCs that can join you on your adventures
Oh yeah add a Flood Event where the backyard gets flooded and if you craft a toy boat you can use to to traverse the flood to get to areas and new areas.

Weather and environments

Sunny, Raining, Snowing, etc and in Winter the whole yard turns into an ice rink.
Last edited by Supreme Emperor Lord As Asriel; 12 Aug, 2023 @ 10:00pm
FoamySlobbers 12 Aug, 2023 @ 10:43pm 
a machine that switches your body with that of a fly and you get caught in a spider web. and an regular sized adult hears you yelling "help Me" "help Me" when a spider is coming but takes a rock and bashes you, and the spiders head in.
abdi süd 13 Aug, 2023 @ 1:45am 
there is rarley a game where the second game is better than the first one,keep that in mind ;-)
Auftragsmoerder 13 Aug, 2023 @ 3:23am 
Similarily to the fish, the game could need a cat.

Originally posted by Supreme Emperor Lord As Asriel:
Flood Event [and] Weather

This please.
Cockadoodledoo 13 Aug, 2023 @ 7:09am 
Forest (like bamboo patch or something) I want an ewok like base.
Weather with effects.
No perma-changes like plugging canister or releasing wasps.
eladswerdna 13 Aug, 2023 @ 7:16am 
Where did you get this information from? Grounded 2? Did I miss an announcement?
Noxsa 13 Aug, 2023 @ 11:05am 
1. inside of the house this time around.
2. Rats, cats, you know the usually pets and rodents / bugs inside the house
3. Basment, ground floor, first floor, attic
3.1 Basment, one room
3.2 Ground floor, living room, hallway with strairs, kitchen, study and or "game room"
3.3 first floor, bedroom kids, master bedroom, bathroom
3.4 Attic, as creepy as can be one room.
4. playable characters are adults this time, soldiers even on a mission to rescue or find x (i ain't a story maker, be creative)
5. weapons, modern weapons (player gets suply's, ammo, MRE's you know army stuff)
5.1 reasons for weapons, rats cats and other larger pets can't just be fought with sticks and stones.
5.2 sins we have fire arms this time, loads more bugs

Why, i'm a product of old, i grew up with Counter strike "tiny house" maps, where you are a soldier playing in a room being as small as a grounded character. imagine that again with a story and style of grounded 1. i'd sell my nuts for that game with out blinking, F kids if i get that game =D "with that game won't have any time for kids anyways".
link 13 Aug, 2023 @ 12:22pm 
1. workshop
2. instruments for music
3. customizable characters
4. hygene. (not showering or brushing teeth will result in debuffs and such)
5. extended combat mechanics
FoamySlobbers 13 Aug, 2023 @ 8:30pm 
Originally posted by eladswerdna:
Where did you get this information from? Grounded 2? Did I miss an announcement?
it's all make believe.
Drogash 9 Apr @ 8:21pm 
1, Grounded 2 Palworld but with ants, you can Tame ants and they will gather for you, and build and attack/defend ur base,

2, Tame all Bugs,

3. Mounts Flying mounts, combat mounts,

4, Big bosses you need mounts too fight, Like Frogs the Fish, the Bird,

5 Snakes, This game need snakes,

6 scorpions

all Bugs have a Nest/territory and Bugs invade other bugs and fight and try to take over the nest, be cool seeing a army of ants matching into a Spider nest or Termite nest and try and take it over and make it there new nest,

This way everyone map will not be the same, you never know what Bugs is gonna Rule the Backyard,

territory System would be really cool, Bugs invade other territory and try to colonize the zone,
Ceriss 9 Apr @ 9:57pm 
Idk. You know what? I doubt Obsidian expected this to be the hit it was. They've put int tons of time updating it, adding modding tools...

Let it stand on its own imo. If they never give us a sequel then we have this, and playgrounds. This is an amazing game. I don't want to force Obsidian, for this was clearly a fun passion project, to feel obligated to do it again.

I've personally bought their big collectors edition, I think that's the best way to reward the team without making them do something they might feel done with.

Just my 2 cents, I'm really happy with this game and I know it's because the devs were happy making it. I don't want them to do it because it makes money.

Let's remember to appreciate a team that made a great game and sold it, and gave us all the updates for free like in the good ol' days. Cause that ♥♥♥♥ is dead man.

I'd legit be delighted if they said a sequel was coming BUT only if they want to make it.
Last edited by Ceriss; 9 Apr @ 9:59pm
Serpiko82 10 Apr @ 4:32am 
"The story continues..."

(SPOILER WARNING - major spoilers of Grounded included)

A few years (5 to 10, depending on narrative choices) have passed since the events of Grounded 1. The kids are now grownups.

A) IF THE GOOD ENDING WAS CANON:
Wendell is now the new director of Ominent, leading the company and the research on shrinking technology onto an ethical path. One or more of the original kids may be working with him as interns. However Schmecktor, being the resourceful SOB he is, managed to avoid imprisonment and find support from people who are more interested on his shady researches. He eventually infiltrated Ominent again, and his evil plan includes revenge by shrinking Wendell's kids (Thor and Sarah) to their doom, and framing our protagonists for that!

B) IF THE BAD ENDING IS CANON:
Wendell passed away due to his condition, and Schmecktor keeps running his vicious secret experiments undisturbed. But our (former) kids are determined to not let him get away with it, and so are Wendell's kids, now teenagers and willing to redeem their father's name. With the help of BURG-L, they locate Ominent's illegal testing ground, and infiltrate it to gather evidence. In doing so, Thor and Sarah get shrunken.

EITHER WAY:
Grounded 2 takes place in a whole different yard, that is actually Schmecktor's secret testing ground.

The main characters are Thor and Sarah, Wendell's kids. Other playable characters (optional for 4 players coop) could be the little siblings of someone among the original characters, which could fit both A and B lore.

(Note: in my idea, even if playing solo, there would still be a party of at least 2 characters, with the player switching at will and AI taking control of the other.)

Again, the protagonists wake up with partial post-shrinking amnesia, without remembering where they are and why, and needing to figure out what happened. (This is also needed to let new players experience the same feeling as the start of the first game). Later on, by gathering clues and info, they will remember and the main story quests will start.

One of such quests will involve establishing a line of communication. Once this is done, the protagonists will be able to periodically communicate with their normal size allies (the original quartet and, if alive, Wendell) who, although unable to physically intervene, will act as "mission control" and external support for the rest of the game.

Unlike Wendell's garden, where Ominent forces acted as sneaky intruders, this time it's their own territory. This means that they are still present and active, at least in shrunken form, while still forced to keep normal size activities to a minimum in order to keep secrecy and avoid drawing attention.

In this regard, there is no need to add violence vs humans, that would rise the age rating of the game: it is perfectly plausible that, after losing dozens and dozens of staff members to wildlife (as testified by the skeletons scattered around), Schmecktor decided it was more efficient to learn from Wendell's experience and send droids and robots to do the field work. Plus ORC creatures, of course.

Be it story A or B, once again the protagonists will have to explore the yard with the ultimate goals of finding a way to grow back up, disrupting Schmecktor's evil plans, and gathering evidence to expose him.

There will still be labs to explore, except this time most of them will be well defended, and housing way more obscure experiments than those that we saw in Wendell's yard. (Just to say, Schmecktor could have found the research about the MANT project, and brought it to even further evolutions...)

There is virtually no restriction on the type of bugs that could be present, even super exotic ones, because any of them could have been deliberately brought by ominent for testing purposes.

POSSIBLE IDEAS:
At some point, the protagonist may meet one or more other human survivors in the yard. Those would turn out to be some of the other previously kidnapped kids that were never found, or maybe ex Ominent staff, with varying levels of sanity due to their long permanence.

Such NPCs, depending on the circumstances, would either act as merchants or maybe even join the player's party, providing new abilities and possibly access to previously unreachable areas.

Very late in the game, there could be some kind of major twist or revelation. What if one of the shrunken kids turned out to be Schmecktor's own son/daughter?

And as a grand final, the last confrontation could revolve around something going very wrong with the SPAC-R, resulting in something really bad being enlarged to gigantic proportions...
Padgey 10 Apr @ 3:05pm 
What about toy cars that need batteries that we can drive round the map once we have the right components, so maybe we can make generators and solar panels to power up the batteries, proper gliders or wings so we can fly around the map if we wish, terraforming the ground so we can build tunnels and underground bases, people keep saying go into the house but how many bugs would actually be in a clean house it would just be huge open empty rooms, unless the house contained toys that have come to life and we have to fight toy soldiers etc, maybe guns in the sequel as well, and other then that customising the teens
Drogash 11 Apr @ 8:18pm 
Grounded 2 PVP big servers grounded would be sweet with PVP base raiding and stuff,

tame ants too defend ur base and other bugs while u explore 100 player servers,
< >
Showing 1-15 of 45 comments
Per page: 1530 50