Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales

Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales

View Stats:
Taco 6 Jan, 2019 @ 12:32am
Final battle on Bonebreaker is impossible, any help?
I got through the rest of the game smooth as silk and then I get to the very end and I'm seriously considering dropping the difficulty. I've done this fight at least a dozen times now trying different builds off the internet after several goes at it with my own deck that powered through the game. From what I understand they buffed everything in this battle since launch so all these guides are obsolete, can anyone help?
< >
Showing 1-15 of 21 comments
Trucker 6 Jan, 2019 @ 6:40am 
Just lower the difficutly
Habertod 6 Jan, 2019 @ 7:26am 
i did it in 2 rounds.
the first was 5 scythe man + reinforcement spell (that card that plays all copies of a card from your deck)
the secound was 5 balistas + reinforcement spell (played again with blacksmith)

it was not even close.
i won with 200+ points. (total points of secound round was 535)
(yes on bonebreaker. I still think the fight/game is way to easy. scythe man and balistas are just insane cards. maybe they need a nerf.)
Last edited by Habertod; 6 Jan, 2019 @ 8:15am
Taco 6 Jan, 2019 @ 11:29am 
Originally posted by Habertod:
i did it in 2 rounds.
the first was 5 scythe man + reinforcement spell (that card that plays all copies of a card from your deck)
the secound was 5 balistas + reinforcement spell (played again with blacksmith)

it was not even close.
i won with 200+ points. (total points of secound round was 535)
(yes on bonebreaker. I still think the fight/game is way to easy. scythe man and balistas are just insane cards. maybe they need a nerf.)

I'll give it a shot, thanks
Habertod 6 Jan, 2019 @ 11:46am 
np. i can give you a decklist if you still have problems with it.
Taco 6 Jan, 2019 @ 4:33pm 
np. i can give you a decklist if you still have problems with it.

Sure if you wouldn't mind, I was planning on running it later in the evening tonight
Taco 7 Jan, 2019 @ 12:26am 
Yeah ♥♥♥♥ that battle, I gave up after another handfull of tries and brought the difficulty down to get it the ♥♥♥♥ over with.
Singh11 7 Jan, 2019 @ 7:25am 
u mean the aep dahy one ? first get meves ability to the one where she can draw two cards from her deck, and then get all the spies and horse thief ( use these in the third round ), and try to win the first round with as many cards in your hand as possible and then immediately pass the second round

aep dahy will surely keep upgrading his cards with 10 power everytime he draws a card from your deck, use spy and horse thief here carefully and u can almost double your power with them because he never really attacks any of your cards instead just keeps boosting his cards, so steal his highest poer cards with horse thief and put spies adjacent to highest power cards
Last edited by Singh11; 7 Jan, 2019 @ 7:26am
Habertod 7 Jan, 2019 @ 7:55am 
sorry, i see im to late, but here is something for the players that still want to do it on bonebreaker:

DECK:

MEVE: Sihil
ARTEFACT: Banner (Start Artefact)
SPELLS:
-Artefact compresion
-Reinforcements
-muzzle
-decoy

HEROS:
-Reynard
-Rayla
-Arnjolf
^_^ Dog :3

Normal Cards:
5x Scythe Man
5x Balista
4x Blacksmith
2x Strays of spalla spy

MULLIGAN:
You need 1 Scythe Man, 1 Balsita and 1 Blacksmith and all 4 spells in your hand, the rest does not matter.

Round 1:
First play 1 Sycthe Man, after that play reinforcements to bring out the other 4 scythe man and use all your stacked meve abilitys. If the AI still wants to play it out, drop more pointes on board and use meves ability as often as possible. if you play something, you need next round, bounce it back to your hand with decoy.
The AI should scoop very quickly, after you are 150+ points ahead.

Round 2:
First play 1 Balista, after that play blacksmith to play reinforcements again, to bring out the other 4 Balistas from your deck. Start to ping everything from your opponent to 1 health exept exactly 1 of the cards, that get +2 shield and +2 power every time you use a ability. Kill everything that can damage your balistas. Power the enemys +2 card (i dont remember the name sorry) as high as you can. drop your spys on it, to copie his power. the last card you should play is muzzle to steal your opponents big +2 minion.

I was on 535 points after that. i did not play it optimal so you could go even higher. i passed. The AI keept playing a littel bit longer but lost with over 200 points behinde.
Last edited by Habertod; 7 Jan, 2019 @ 8:00am
Magni 9 Jan, 2019 @ 4:33am 
Originally posted by Singh11:
and try to win the first round with as many cards in your hand as possible and then immediately pass the second round

This is kind of a useless strategy now. You draw 3 new cards at the start of each round, andyour hand is limited to 10 cards total. Ending a round with more than 7 cards just wastes draws.
Dotcream 13 Jan, 2019 @ 5:07am 
easy strategy:

round 1:
aep dahy will pass on turn 4(or 3 maybe).
usd maximum 6 cards to win round 1, it shouldn't be a problem

round 2:
pass the round, or play some unwanted card
just try to fulfill hand with 10 cards in round 3

round 3:
it is a buff war, not a removal war, so
1. spy is insanely strong, 60-80 power per spy
2. delirium bomb in the last turn to reset all enemy's buff (important)
3. delay the delirium bomb, use decoy trinket/plastic trinket(forgot the name)/weather clearer(draw card,again forgot the name)/blacksmith, to delay the last bomb

short version:
5 spy, delirium bomb
win
Last edited by Dotcream; 13 Jan, 2019 @ 5:14am
ADVENT Avenger 17 Jan, 2019 @ 9:34pm 
To win you need to be lucky. The opponent needs to be r*tarded. I stole one of the opponent's Militia and he used the Boosting potion on my side instead of theirs, ended up winning because of that +10 on my side instead of +10 on theirs is 20 difference! Yay!
Last edited by ADVENT Avenger; 17 Jan, 2019 @ 9:35pm
Saybot 17 Feb, 2019 @ 5:45pm 
Reinforced Ballista + Adept + Reinforcements = Victory
Cynbell 18 Feb, 2019 @ 4:39am 
Yeah its kinda hard but with the Scythe deck you can do it pretty much on the first attempt
mynthi 24 Feb, 2019 @ 4:29pm 
If you didn't get the ballista card like me, what worked was using the spear weapon with Meve to eventually drop the card he buffs to 1 power. Also I used the trophy that allows you to seize a bronze card every once in a while, also good for skipping turns. First round should be quite easy to win, because he passes quite easily.

On the second round, make sure you have spies 4x in your deck, 1 in hand and Reinforcement (you could also use the blacksmith to be able to use reinforcement on the first round as well). Use adept on a spy to get even more of them in your deck and wait until he has buffed some of the cards enough and just unleash 6 spies on him. This allowed me to eventually have 350+ power and he didn't have enough to overcome it.
aperager 18 Jun, 2021 @ 10:03am 
sorry, i see im to late, but here is something for the players that still want to do it on bonebreaker:

DECK:

MEVE: Sihil
ARTEFACT: Banner (Start Artefact)
SPELLS:
-Artefact compresion
-Reinforcements
-muzzle
-decoy

HEROS:
-Reynard
-Rayla
-Arnjolf
^_^ Dog :3

Normal Cards:
5x Scythe Man
5x Balista
4x Blacksmith
2x Strays of spalla spy

MULLIGAN:
You need 1 Scythe Man, 1 Balsita and 1 Blacksmith and all 4 spells in your hand, the rest does not matter.

Round 1:
First play 1 Sycthe Man, after that play reinforcements to bring out the other 4 scythe man and use all your stacked meve abilitys. If the AI still wants to play it out, drop more pointes on board and use meves ability as often as possible. if you play something, you need next round, bounce it back to your hand with decoy.
The AI should scoop very quickly, after you are 150+ points ahead.

Round 2:
First play 1 Balista, after that play blacksmith to play reinforcements again, to bring out the other 4 Balistas from your deck. Start to ping everything from your opponent to 1 health exept exactly 1 of the cards, that get +2 shield and +2 power every time you use a ability. Kill everything that can damage your balistas. Power the enemys +2 card (i dont remember the name sorry) as high as you can. drop your spys on it, to copie his power. the last card you should play is muzzle to steal your opponents big +2 minion.

I was on 535 points after that. i did not play it optimal so you could go even higher. i passed. The AI keept playing a littel bit longer but lost with over 200 points behinde.

thanks, mate, really appreciate the tips, with minor adjustments i managed to beat the game on bonebreaker (which was really quite easy up until this battle)
< >
Showing 1-15 of 21 comments
Per page: 1530 50