Halo: The Master Chief Collection

Halo: The Master Chief Collection

View Stats:
 This topic has been pinned, so it's probably important
Postums  [developer] 7 Apr, 2021 @ 10:56am
End User License Agreement FAQ
Hey Friends,

With the rollout of Season 6 and our first iteration of modding support which allows Halo Custom Edition maps to be supported in MCC, we also released a brand-new EULA right here[www.halowaypoint.com]!

We have taken some time ahead of this launch and put together this basic FAQ to answer questions that players may have around the EULA for modding Halo: The Master Chief Collection (MCC). This can be found over HERE[www.halowaypoint.com].

If there are any additional questions, please don’t hesitate to ask below in this thread and we will work to get it answered!

Cheers,
Postums
< >
Showing 1-15 of 66 comments
Killertalent 10 Apr, 2021 @ 8:54am 
why don't you guys add a steam workshop like other games
Pyrocitor 10 Apr, 2021 @ 9:08am 
Originally posted by killertalent:
why don't you guys add a steam workshop like other games
take a look in the FAQ - under the heading "Can I upload my mods anywhere I want? Or do I have to put them in a specific place?"
Last edited by Pyrocitor; 10 Apr, 2021 @ 6:28pm
Chaos Epoch 10 Apr, 2021 @ 3:28pm 
Hi.

There is an answer in the FAQ that says "only assets from MCC can be used in modding efforts" does this mean that everyone is restricted from making their own assets for their mods? Or is this just in relation to using concepts from other IP's?
Danx_O 11 Apr, 2021 @ 3:01pm 
sad
Kills Alone 11 Apr, 2021 @ 5:38pm 
Yeah ... this is not thought out very well. 343i have just added limited Halo Custom Edition map support, yet they state we cannot use assets from outside of Halo MCC. Halo Custom Edition is filled with content that is not included in the MCC as is Halo 2's H2EK so .... what?

Also, how can you prove you made something if someone already uploaded one of your maps/assets before you? What are the steps to prove you made a map/asset?
average 2x yt vid speed enjoyer (Banned) 15 Apr, 2021 @ 12:28am 
yo theres SO many pins that i didnt see this one XDDDDD, even tho i check this forum basically everyday lolz.
average 2x yt vid speed enjoyer (Banned) 15 Apr, 2021 @ 12:32am 
one section in the FAQ of the new EULA is kinda sad

Is there any type of content that isn’t allowed?
You would need to provide irrefutable proof that you created the assets and that you have express permission to use the likeness, style, etc of what you’re trying to create. Remember, it’s not just about creating something from scratch but many of these popular IP’s also have very clear guidelines about what is and is not OK to use in the recreation of their properties. Even if you can prove that it’s 100% yours and you have explicit permission to use, we will always reserve the right to pull content out of the modding ecosystem as outlined in the EULA.
basically even if you made your own original asset someone could come along and say, "hey thats inspired from something copywritten" or lie and say its their content or something idk, sounds like this Q should be worded like this:

Is there any type of content that *IS* allowed?
Terin 15 Apr, 2021 @ 12:48am 
I'm betting it'll be like most Steam workshop stuff, where pretty much everything is allowed, unless it attracts too much attention. Don't throw a link to Disney's lawyers about your cool Star Wars mod collection, you know. The important thing for 343 is "We can pull something at any time", to cover their asses In Case Of Disney. But it'll probably be fine, just keep local copies of mods in case something does get pulled.
average 2x yt vid speed enjoyer (Banned) 15 Apr, 2021 @ 12:50am 
Originally posted by Terin:
I'm betting it'll be like most Steam workshop stuff, where pretty much everything is allowed, unless it attracts too much attention. Don't throw a link to Disney's lawyers about your cool Star Wars mod collection, you know. The important thing for 343 is "We can pull something at any time", to cover their asses In Case Of Disney. But it'll probably be fine, just keep local copies of mods in case something does get pulled.
youre almost certainly right, but im still kinda worried the EULA will scare off potentially talented modders because they dont want their mods/accounts yeet'd if they get too popular :(
Terin 15 Apr, 2021 @ 12:54am 
You could probably find similar EULA stuff for Skyrim back in 2011/2012, and that didn't stop mods from going wild for that game. Once the tools for MCC are out there, they can't really do much to tamp down on people making cool stuff, unless they pull a Blizzard and really restrict the tools and your rights. And this seems much better than Blizzard at this point.
Last edited by Terin; 15 Apr, 2021 @ 12:54am
average 2x yt vid speed enjoyer (Banned) 15 Apr, 2021 @ 12:55am 
You could find similar EULA stuff for Skyrim back in 2011/2012, and that didn't stop mods from going wild for that game. Once the tools for MCC are out there, they can't really do much to tamp down on people making cool stuff, unless they pull a Blizzard and really restrict the tools and your rights. And this seems much better than Blizzard at this point.
good point. im probably worried about nothing at all
KennY 25 Apr, 2021 @ 7:26am 
Thank you to everyone who works, worked and will continue to work on such a wonderful universe. Thank you to those who participated in the transfer and release of this series of games in Steam. It's a wonderful world , great gameplay, and the best story. Thanks!!! Please transfer Halo5 to your PC (steam) and add Halo wars 2 to steam for a complete story and collection.
Marmarmar34 6 May, 2021 @ 8:56am 
Didn't ask
wwm0nkey 6 May, 2021 @ 7:13pm 
You could probably find similar EULA stuff for Skyrim back in 2011/2012, and that didn't stop mods from going wild for that game. Once the tools for MCC are out there, they can't really do much to tamp down on people making cool stuff, unless they pull a Blizzard and really restrict the tools and your rights. And this seems much better than Blizzard at this point.
Like most EULA stuff it's to cover their bases, you can probably host your starwars CE mod on some other site and be fine, just not the workshop.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 66 comments
Per page: 1530 50