The Unliving

The Unliving

View Stats:
 This topic has been pinned, so it's probably important
The Unliving: Known Issues & Workarounds
Hey there, Necromancers!

Thank you so much for your support, as we start our Early Access Journey.

As with many games during Early Access - you may run into a few pesky bugs. We'd like to share a list of known issues and workarounds below to help you out with this! The team are currently already looking into fixes for some of these issues, and we'll update you as soon as we can!

• The game becomes unresponsive when the left mouse button is pressed in loading screens on lower spec PC machines. A workaround for this at the moment is to avoid clicking during loading screens.
  • The Language select bar cannot be scrolled through. A workaround for this is to use the arrow keys instead.
  • Mapping option is displayed as a placeholder. The placeholder means to open the map.
  • An ability is clipping through the environment in Homespace. The team are working on this, and this will be removed in a future update.
  • The player is able to softlock the game by resurrecting the undead and interacting with an essence in quick succession. To avoid this, please don’t do these interactions too quickly.
  • The camera does not follow the player in one of the Citadel chunks. This will be updated soon.
  • Upgrades from the Ascension Throne are inaccessible to the player. This is soon to be updated, but you will be able to access basic upgrades.
  • There are missing chunks throughout the Citadel level - thiis will be updated soon.
  • The Commander unit is not visible when dead - however, the Commander can still be resurrected and works as normal, this is just a visual issue.
Thank you for your patience, as we continue to work on The Unliving! We'll share further updates as soon as we can.
Last edited by Lo_Team17; 21 Nov, 2022 @ 9:50am
< >
Showing 1-15 of 22 comments
tech-boy 8 Nov, 2022 @ 7:40am 
they bug with resolution become small each time you revive or change level own the way temp fix is to just go resolution and change to some else then change back just let you know of this bug i wood some else but i have no idea where else put and no else seem talk about this problem
Qubik650 9 Nov, 2022 @ 2:33pm 
hello, i bought the game 2 days ago and having a blast, just a question, how i unlock the materials for ascension upgrades?
sithlordaj 18 Nov, 2022 @ 10:59pm 
I've had it happen twice where Apotheosis just isn't there for the boss fight. I really have to remember about the bug button if it happens again.
Argonacht 26 Nov, 2022 @ 10:08pm 
So, I have come across 2 bugs so far that pretty much ruin the experience for me atm. The first and lesser of the 2 is that there are times when i will sacrifice a healer and it will show healing numbers over my undead, but their health bars dip back down after each tick. Not super game breaking but is really annoying when you have a large army that could be healed up but a bug says "no these guys are dying next encounter". The 2nd and honestly the more pressing of the 2 bugs i have found is where enemies will randomly take no dmg at all from the necromancer and only the undead army can dmg them. It happens quite often in my games and leaves me shaking my head each time because i COULD be helping kill the enemies but no, i end up losing more of my army because completely random invulnerability.

My last note that I will add here is not a bug so much as a suggestion: pls improve the controlability of the army. there have been several instances where the ais pathing means a large portion of my army gets caught on a cliff or outcrop and cant make it around util i lead them around with a leash. Lastly, please for the love of all that is holy (or unholy) add a focus fire command. Werewolves leaping over my army to get to me while my army ignores them pretty much make me end the run and alt+f4 out.

edit: after watching the tutorial, i have also noticed that i am not getting 3 lifespark choices when i pick them up
Last edited by Argonacht; 26 Nov, 2022 @ 10:18pm
ChaosHorizon 30 Nov, 2022 @ 12:54pm 
Hello, I was contacted over discord just now about testing your game. I would like to know if this is actually you or some dude trying to steal your game
Originally posted by ChaosHorizon:
Hello, I was contacted over discord just now about testing your game. I would like to know if this is actually you or some dude trying to steal your game
Hey there! This doesn't sound legitimate - please avoid downloading any links or responding. We're not reaching out for any testers!
Last edited by Lo_Team17; 1 Dec, 2022 @ 2:23am
ChaosHorizon 1 Dec, 2022 @ 7:38am 
Originally posted by Lo_Team17:
Originally posted by ChaosHorizon:
Hey there! This doesn't sound legitimate - please avoid downloading any links or responding. We're not reaching out for any testers!

I figured and thanks for the response, game looks interesting though so best of luck with it
Alien Queen 10 Dec, 2022 @ 4:16pm 
but the true necromancer pwoer shud not hold his minions from rotting down? right if be so all big necromancr armys be gone befor you fiish geting it cen pess it to get undead minion for ever till they got own hp and not root ? and hp bar remind me of evolue 2 realy when hunter shuting monster you hp bar get tiny and cent be get back as on stard of game ask me necromancer shud be hm more perm undead more necro power and got som special minions you build your self im fan of necromancer school till kid in all games and never find game wher necro ho ar close to orignal necro:(
Atomictoassty 17 Dec, 2022 @ 8:15am 
im just curious if the healing priest unit is actually healing? I see the health bars go up slightly on my units but then go back down. Is this a bug? thanks
ShamelessFNGRL 5 Jun, 2023 @ 3:24am 
Any word on fixing AI pathing? Lots of recent reviews stating that as #1 con.. it's holding me back from purchasing, that's for sure. Love the way it looks, can't wait to play the finished product, but would also like to try it out rn. Just doesn't seem too enjoyable with the current bugs listed in your reviews.
76561199227394142 23 Jun, 2023 @ 1:29am 
Hey! We are working on the undead AI right now, and will have improvements on it in the next update :)
76561199227394142 23 Jun, 2023 @ 1:29am 
Originally posted by Atomictoassty:
im just curious if the healing priest unit is actually healing? I see the health bars go up slightly on my units but then go back down. Is this a bug? thanks
Hmm, this sounds a bit strange - could you get in touch here and we'll take a look? {LINK REMOVED}
Alru 25 Jun, 2023 @ 5:45am 
The undead cannot be healed above their current health limit, which gradually decreases as they decay
cassiomscunha 26 Jun, 2023 @ 10:43am 
when you guys gonna fix the previous bugs/glitch from the previous update?
like hot fix,and when is the next update? And asking all game update,and release a hot fix after,why this dont? thanks
76561199227394142 27 Jun, 2023 @ 7:22am 
Our next update is coming up really soon! We plan to have it out on Thursday!

Originally posted by cassiomscunha:
when you guys gonna fix the previous bugs/glitch from the previous update?
like hot fix,and when is the next update? And asking all game update,and release a hot fix after,why this dont? thanks
< >
Showing 1-15 of 22 comments
Per page: 1530 50

Date Posted: 7 Nov, 2022 @ 9:27am