Is it I see no reason to happen with my system specs

R7 7700x
RTX 4070
32GB 5200Mhz
Installed on 980Pro SSD
< >
Showing 1-15 of 44 comments
Jack Sky 6 Jan @ 10:53pm 
same situation. i have a i9 13th gen and rtx 4080. game just randomly crashes but most noticeably when i skip a cutscene or ahead in dialogue.

pls lmk if you find a fix
Jack Sky 6 Jan @ 10:58pm 
Actually, I just tried to turn off frame generation and that seems to have fixed my problems? Try that for your PC and lmk if it works!
Kaputa! 6 Jan @ 11:50pm 
Originally posted by Jack Sky:
Actually, I just tried to turn off frame generation and that seems to have fixed my problems? Try that for your PC and lmk if it works!

Its off already
Rel 6 Jan @ 11:56pm 
same, and looks like a lot of people have this issue as well, but i'm not finding anything about them addressing the problem or people finding any fix so i guess we just need to wait till they realize their game doesn't work anymore lol
Yuriqa 7 Jan @ 12:10am 
Funny... I heard rumours that they already start making Hogwarts: Legacy 2....
TechManMax 7 Jan @ 4:17am 
Try turning off Hardware Accelerated GPU scheduling in Windows 11. Go to Settings - System - Display - Graphics - Change Default Graphics Settings. Turn off Hardware Accelerated GPU scheduling and restart your computer. Note: This WILL disable frame generation but it seems to stop the crashes. Before I tried turning off frame generation and it still crashed. But last night I played for over an hour and performance didn’t appear to be affected (I have a 13th gen i9 but if you have an older cpu your performance might be negatively affected if you turn off hardware accelerated GPU scheduling). You can always turn it back on for other games…it’s clearly a bug with the game. But turning it off does seem to fix the crashing if you have an RTX 40 series card (I have RTX 4070 like you…but the laptop version).

I’m playing on all high (not ultra) 1440p settings with DLSS on Quality (RT off)…recently upgraded from 16gb to 32gb ram but my laptop 4070 only has 8GB of vRAM. Was getting over 100fps at times even with frame generation off and was within the vRAM limits (just over 7GB allocated according to MSI Afterburner OSD within hogwarts, under 7GB elsewhere…note “allocated” does not necessarily mean “used”). Likewise with RAM it was allocating between 18 and 22GB most of the time but before I upgraded to 32gb it was allocating 14-15gb…whether or not the extra ram has improved performance I don’t really know. I capped the fps at 75 after the first half hour of testing as even with VRR and VSync enabled via nvidia control panel when frames dropped from above 100 to the 80s in certain situations there’d be a little microstutter that was heavily compensated by VRR but still noticeable. Since frame generation cannot be enabled with hardware GPU scheduling disabled I opted to cap the fps at 75 to solve those issues.
Last edited by TechManMax; 7 Jan @ 4:25am
Originally posted by Kaputa!:

R7 7700x
RTX 4070
32GB 5200Mhz
Installed on 980Pro SSD

Sadly, this crashing has been happening for a lot of people for a long time now with no official fixes or acknowledgement from the developers. "That I know Of"

I have tried:
-Turning FrameGeneration Off
-Turning Raytracing Off
-Lowering my resolution from 1440p to 1080P
-Capping Framerate at 60 instead of the 120 I am used to
-Lowering settings even though I meet the requirements
-Dlss Off

Nothing works...
Originally posted by Necromantic:
Originally posted by Kaputa!:

R7 7700x
RTX 4070
32GB 5200Mhz
Installed on 980Pro SSD

Sadly, this crashing has been happening for a lot of people for a long time now with no official fixes or acknowledgement from the developers. "That I know Of"

I have tried:
-Turning Raytracing Off
-Dlss Off

Nothing works...
Try what I put above. Turning off Hardware accelerated GPU scheduling. You can turn it back on for other games.
Last edited by TechManMax; 7 Jan @ 10:23am
Rel 8 Jan @ 4:13am 
why should i play a game that i bought with lower quality... doesn't fix it anyway
Spectre 8 Jan @ 6:19am 
I'm running a 14700k, 4070 TI and 32gb of ram at 5600 and while the game runs smooth as butter at 120fps with settings on ultra with ray tracing at medium I still get random crashes no stop. Sometimes i can be in game for 30 minutes before it crashes and other times its 5 minutes tops, no specific triggers either. Sometimes I'm just standing still doing nothing and other times it is in the middle of a cut scene. Also nothing is overclocked. Everything is stock settings at the moment since i just built this computer.

I feel that a game that has been out for almost a year should not have these types of issues. Why developers are allowed to ignore these things just because some of the user base doesn't have issues just blows my mind. What happened to taking pride in your work. If i made something like this I would be pretty embarrassed to let my product be a buggy pos. What I have played of the game so far is amazing and I love the game but i have 5 hours played time and I am barely past the sorting hat cut scene. This should be an amazing game but is currently a dumpster fire.

For those of you with no issues, I envy you. For those of you like me that can not play a game they would love to play, I just hop the devs decide they do care about their game and fix the issues plaguing it.

Edit - I have tried plenty of different fixes and decided I better put that in my post so people don't harass me for not having tried to figure out the issues on my own. Maybe if we could charge developers for the time we as users spend trying to fix their games we would actually be able to spend more time playing them.
Last edited by Spectre; 8 Jan @ 6:22am
Originally posted by TechManMax:
Originally posted by Necromantic:

I have tried:
-Turning Raytracing Off
-Dlss Off

Nothing works...
Try what I put above. Turning off Hardware accelerated GPU scheduling. You can turn it back on for other games.

i tried this last night, and sadly nothing. :(
evert104 8 Jan @ 10:17am 
Turning Hardware Acceleration off is the only working fix since day one. Pretty sad that the devs don`t pick this up.
I set the textures to "high" and then the crashes stopped. 4070Ti
Behl42 8 Jan @ 3:27pm 
Having same issue myself.
Reiji 9 Jan @ 6:09am 
Originally posted by TechManMax:
Try turning off Hardware Accelerated GPU scheduling in Windows 11. Go to Settings - System - Display - Graphics - Change Default Graphics Settings. Turn off Hardware Accelerated GPU scheduling and restart your computer.

Just wanted to say thanks this helped in my case.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 44 comments
Per page: 1530 50

Date Posted: 6 Jan @ 9:54pm