Hogwarts Legacy

Hogwarts Legacy

View Stats:
This topic has been locked
The game is very woke
White skin characters are underrepresented in the game. Impossible to create light skinned character like Fleur Delacour. Light skinned NPCs are a rare occasion.
In general feels like it's forced diversity.
Graphics are amazing, story is below any expectation. Half of the quest dialog are about private life of characters unrelated to hogwarts and magic:
I am a witch but I used to be a wizard type of stuff.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 48 comments
Can you tell me what the word "woke" means to you?
Micas 4 Jul @ 9:59am 
Game's not for you. Refund ASAP.
3Dguy 4 Jul @ 10:37am 
It´s lesbians and women with man´s voices all around. Poor Rowling didn´t deserve that.
Just say your racist and refund the game.
Stan 4 Jul @ 11:07am 
Something against blacks?
DasWulf 4 Jul @ 1:05pm 
You are correct. They don't seem to care that it is set in 1800s Scotland and South Park's Panderverse episode is very applicable here.

Thankfully there some mods that can partially address those alienating design decisions. Nexus does not want you to have the agency to mod the game in a way that would make it enjoyable for you, so you will have to head on over to basedmods instead.

What it can't fix however is the usually low IQ writing style that's made for "modern audiences" and voice overs.

The real quality in this game is found in the environment art, which they did a wonderful job at. Might be worth it for that alone. Its a shame really, Hogwart's itself is the main selling point, but they opted to throw you out of it and let you waste time in a largely pointless open world filled with things designed to artificially extend the play time of the game.
Last edited by DasWulf; 4 Jul @ 1:06pm
Mhill 4 Jul @ 1:11pm 
It's fictional so i don't really care about such woke stuff then. Although when they portray a black female actress in the role as a British monarch from history, then we're in really dodgy territory.
Last edited by Mhill; 4 Jul @ 1:12pm
I mean, you can always dl the gun mod to make it less woke if you like?
I agree it is woke, it's set in the 1800's and not at all realitic towards the 1800's.

But Hogwarts Legacy is based upon a fantasy anyway, so I don't actually mind nor care that much, the woke stuff is all fantasy anyway and ideaology, just like Hufflepuff, Slytherine, Gryffindor and Ravenclaw, none of it exists other than in fantasy.

Hogwarts Legacy is a great game my friend.
Last edited by CRBLunaFly; 4 Jul @ 4:46pm
EricHVela 4 Jul @ 5:41pm 
OP: "I searched the Internet to find what bigots said about this game and came here to echo those same sentiments because, like those bigots, that stuff scares me."

Is that 'bout right?

Weird that this is the second forum post ever by that account. Did someone forget to switch to an alt?
Last edited by EricHVela; 4 Jul @ 5:43pm
Hang on a second, didn't a lot peeps say, if you support this game, you are promoting trans hate? So by playing this game, its the most "un-woke" game on steam.
3Dguy 4 Jul @ 8:00pm 
Originally posted by Fighting Blaze:
Hang on a second, didn't a lot peeps say, if you support this game, you are promoting trans hate? So by playing this game, its the most "un-woke" game on steam.
Wait, really? I tough it was the other way around. Now i´m confused.
DasWulf 4 Jul @ 10:56pm 
Originally posted by 3Dguy:
Originally posted by Fighting Blaze:

That's how stupid the situation became, trans activist tried to force a boycott of the game, despite it being "woke" and very pro "trans". Those who oppose "woke" games in turn bought said "woke" game to counter the boycott. None of it made any sense, as neither side actually looked at the product itself.

Originally posted by EricHVela:
OP: "I searched the Internet to find what bigots said about this game and came here to echo those same sentiments because, like those bigots, that stuff scares me."

Bigotry is a two way street. Those throwing out that label are effectively showcasing actual bigotry themselves. It seems to be one of those words people use without actually understanding it's purpose or meaning.
Last edited by DasWulf; 4 Jul @ 11:02pm
Originally posted by DasWulf:
Originally posted by 3Dguy:

That's how stupid the situation became, trans activist tried to force a boycott of the game, despite it being "woke" and very pro "trans". Those who oppose "woke" games in turn bought said "woke" game to counter the boycott. None of it made any sense, as neither side actually looked at the product itself.

Originally posted by EricHVela:

Bigotry is a two way street. Those throwing out that label are effectively showcasing actual bigotry themselves. It seems to be one of those words people use without actually understanding it's purpose or meaning.
It's not pro trans. Look... I'm transgender. I own this game and love it. But by default NO HP product is pro trans as it directly funds anti transgender legislation. I hardly think it's the end of the world for people to play and enjoy this game as well as other HP content. You don't need to be on the front lines of the transgender movement to not be transphobic. Really if you want to be not transphobic all you have to do is validate our identities and not vote against our rights. That's it.
Von Herbst 6 Jul @ 7:08pm 
Originally posted by holodniy cosmos:
Impossible to create light skinned character like Fleur Delacour.
It plays in UK, of course you cant make beautiful people?!

But yeah, the game where you unreflected massmurder the fantasy race moddelt after antisemitic propaganda is woke for sure.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 48 comments
Per page: 1530 50

Date Posted: 4 Jul @ 9:47am