Hogwarts Legacy

Hogwarts Legacy

View Stats:
Skipper 11 Jul @ 10:23am
Why is Steam still selling this "game" on its storefront if it doesn't work for so many people who paid for it?
I thought selling broken products was anti-consumer and also against the law. What governmental institution should this be reported to so they have a look and take this off the stores until the studio and publishers wake up and fix it? If they ever do that, that is.
Last edited by Skipper; 11 Jul @ 10:23am
< >
Showing 1-15 of 16 comments
Stan 11 Jul @ 10:34am 
Many people complaining fallout 3 not working and steam still sells it. Both that and this runs fine for my setup.

Game does work, question is: What is the overall problem why it crashes for people? What are they doing differently than others? Are they trying to force it to run higher graphics than others, are they playing default setting, third part programs?

Or are they simple playing with laptops instead of desktops?
Last edited by Stan; 11 Jul @ 10:35am
The crashing is only effecting people with Windows 11 with a 4000 series GPU, from the talk on the forums it appears to be some VRAM leak.
Kambien 11 Jul @ 10:51am 
Originally posted by waternut13134:
The crashing is only effecting people with Windows 11 with a 4000 series GPU, from the talk on the forums it appears to be some VRAM leak.

This isn't entirely accurate. Windows 11, latest gen CPU, 4070 Nvidia, no crashes.

Also, this is affecting various folks with Radeon GPUs.

Not saying people aren't having issues but it's bit more broad in terms of who.
EricHVela 11 Jul @ 10:52am 
It's seems more about what we are doing that it plays fine for us.

People are listing rigs that are nearly identical to mine and can't get it to even start.

I keep my rig immaculate. It's also a development environment. I don't log in as Admin for any day-to-day stuff (even for development). I keep UAC on. I have core isolation on. I don't install anything from any 3rd party that asks for elevated permissions to run. (Sorry Ubisoft. You suck.) I keep to sites that wouldn't be embarrassing to find in a history. I don't leave applications on the PC that I'm not using. I check all settings after every M$ feature update (because M$ likes to bloat systems worse than some PC manufacturers with each major update, turning on features that were turned off and installing services that either wrest control away from the user or have no purpose to most users who do most things themselves).

One might be surprised how easily a site can put something on a computer that's logged in as admin without UAC even with antimalware software and what M$ dumps into computers without asking in just updates alone.

But even this doesn't seem like enough to be the cause such widespread issues. A lot of users aren't all that careless with their gaming rigs.

One thing that might make a difference (but not for so widespread an issue): I use Studio drivers because some of the development environments don't play nice with the GameReady drivers.
Last edited by EricHVela; 11 Jul @ 10:53am
LovelyHick 11 Jul @ 11:08am 
If it turns out it doesnt work they get a refund, if they returned now they can simply do a second run or whatever how many times they played through it before later, they will fix this eventually.
If you dont understand yourself how obvious the solution is and legitimately is throwing a hissy fit then it simply speaks volumes about your mental infancy.
What are the specs of your rig?
paulshpil 11 Jul @ 11:28am 
They should check the compartibility of the game more accurate. I've bought it and played several hours before the update that totally killed it on my pc. And they even don't tell us when this problem will be solved. It is so unprofessional. And yes, my gpu is 4060. :steamfacepalm:
Azudra 11 Jul @ 1:48pm 
I'm playing on a Laptop, Lenovo Legion 5 Pro 4070, and had to disable Hardware-accelerated GPU scheduling to get rid of constant crashes and stutters. The last hour after disabling it the game worked perfectly fine for me.
Embo 11 Jul @ 2:24pm 
I'm on windows 10 with a 4090 and a 7950x and it still crashes or freezes every 5 to 15 minutes modded or no mods.
Just wondering do those that are getting crashes have the game on the windows drive or separate nvme?
Embo 11 Jul @ 3:03pm 
I have tried both c and d nvme. I do miss this game running like it did. I love playing while watching a show/movie in the background. Although, I know they did an update, but I still don't know if its Nvidia's fault or the developer. So I am not gonna shove blame one way or another until there is proof of it.
Embo 11 Jul @ 3:04pm 
Nvidia's 555.95 did mess up Halo Infinite as well until they did the next driver.
Embo 11 Jul @ 3:13pm 
No idea. I wish i knew. Till then we can only hope. It is what it is I guess.
It never crashed for me in 88.2 hours of playtime. Not even once.
Embo 11 Jul @ 4:10pm 
I only played before the summer update on that so I can't put any input on that. Which still leaves me clueless haha.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 16 comments
Per page: 1530 50

Date Posted: 11 Jul @ 10:23am