Hogwarts Legacy

Hogwarts Legacy

View Stats:
This topic has been locked
Please close thread
I'm not able to close this thread so I've deleted the text from the OP. Mods please close the thread.
Last edited by TribalSage; 14 Jul @ 7:21am
< >
Showing 1-15 of 17 comments
Skeeter 17 Jun @ 6:44am 
best crash simulator all time 1min 1 crash
Skaidy 17 Jun @ 6:56am 
To solve the crashes you have to desactivate the HAGS, by doing this there are no more crashes.

To disable it:

Settings App → System → Display → scroll down to Graphics Settings → Turn "Hardware-accelerated GPU scheduling" to Off

For it to apply you have to restart the computer. Also, I leave here some recommendations to optimize fps and performance.

In Hogwarts Legacy options → Display Options → Motion Blur, OFF → Depth of Field, OFF → Chromatic Aberration, OFF → Cinematic Grain, OFF. By disabling this, in my case of playing at 60 fps on high I can play at 200 fps on high, or also at 130 fps in ultra

Last edited by Skaidy; 17 Jun @ 7:00am
After I finish the second duel, the game will flash back
Kambien 17 Jun @ 11:32am 
A little bit of searching has helped many people to be able to play the game. Between Nexus mods or disabling HAGS and Ray Tracing.

Should we have to do these types of things? No.
Should the game have better hardware support? Absolutely.

But over 10,000 players a day on Steam alone are working.
I just tried the disable HAGS option and it seems to have worked; was able to play almost 40 minutes without a crash. Previously was crashing after 10-15.
TribalSage 18 Jun @ 5:13am 
I've already responded to the same comment made by Skaidy in another thread about the "HAGS fix", but I'll respond here as well.

Most of the people who are posting this "fix" I don't believe have any clue what it does and the issues it can cause for some. There's a lot of people out there who aren't pc savy and no one mentions the issues that can be caused by doing these "fixes" so when they end up doing them they are left with other issues and they are scratching their heads as to what is going on.

When you disable Hardware Accelerated GPU Scheduling(HAGS) it can causes a variety of issues such as lag, stuttering, severe FPS drops, and even make it so some games won't start. So while it might fix issues in one game, it can cause a ridiculous amount of issues in others as well as hurt pc performance overall.

As I look at the discussion board I see different threads with other issues than crashing and wonder if maybe some of these people tried to do "fixes" and that's the result of issues they are currently facing.
Last edited by TribalSage; 21 Jun @ 12:28pm
Melody 18 Jun @ 6:23am 
Just to make it clear, this crash also happens on consoles, it's just less frequent.
Originally posted by Melody Digital Harmony:
Just to make it clear, this crash also happens on consoles, it's just less frequent.

Yes, the update caused this on PC as well as consoles. As far as PC crashing goes the frequency can vary. Some people are reporting it crashes every few minutes some can play 20 to 30 minutes, some can play an hour or two before it happens.
crash and also preparing shaders freezing is very annoying it wont let me start

i have a acer nitro v 15 2024 modal has ryzen 5 7000 and navida rtx 4050 this laptop is decent to play any games but now when i play this it has lag spikes and crashes couldn't play this game in the beginning can anyong find a way to fix this issue
Originally posted by Skaidy:
To solve the crashes you have to desactivate the HAGS, by doing this there are no more crashes.

To disable it:

Settings App → System → Display → scroll down to Graphics Settings → Turn "Hardware-accelerated GPU scheduling" to Off

For it to apply you have to restart the computer. Also, I leave here some recommendations to optimize fps and performance.

In Hogwarts Legacy options → Display Options → Motion Blur, OFF → Depth of Field, OFF → Chromatic Aberration, OFF → Cinematic Grain, OFF. By disabling this, in my case of playing at 60 fps on high I can play at 200 fps on high, or also at 130 fps in ultra
Disabling HAGS is bad, given the majority of newer games [DX12 ones] require it to run.
Originally posted by TribalSage:
I've already responded to the same comment made by Skaidy in another thread about the "HAGS fix", but I'll respond here as well.

Most of the people who are posting this "fix" I don't believe have any clue what it does and the issues it can cause for some. There's a lot of people out there who aren't pc savy and no one mentions the issues that can be caused by doing these "fixes" so when they end up doing them they are left with other issues and they are scratching their heads as to what is going on.

When you disable Hardware Accelerated GPU Scheduling(HAGS) it can causes a variety of issues such as lag, suttering, severe FPS drops, and even make it so some games won't start. So while it might fix issues in one game, it can cause a ridiculous amount of issues in others as well as hurt pc performance overall.

As I look at the discussion board I see different threads with other issues than crashing and wonder if maybe some of these people tried to do "fixes" and that's the result of issues they are currently facing.

yea i have that as well sttuttering, frezzing preparing shaders i try eveything
TribalSage 21 Jun @ 11:50am 
Updated the OP.
Kambien 21 Jun @ 12:11pm 

When you disable Hardware Accelerated GPU Scheduling(HAGS) it can causes a variety of issues such as lag, suttering, severe FPS drops, and even make it so some games won't start. So while it might fix issues in one game, it can cause a ridiculous amount of issues in others as well as hurt pc performance overall.

This is a bit inaccurate. The HAGS has been presented as a temporary workaround, nothing stated as a "fix" or permanent.

Disabling HAGS does bring down a little performance but no where near as it assumed in your post. You may want to disable it then go play a bunch of games. Again, not saying it doesn't decrease some performance but it's not the massive hit you are saying. Newer computers will lose about 10-20 FPS. Older computers won't even see the hit (2000 series cards).

Also, as you state folks should report the game as "broken". You may want to ask the other 10k people a day why it's working for them (even on newer hardware).
TribalSage 21 Jun @ 12:19pm 
Originally posted by Kambien:

This is a bit inaccurate. The HAGS has been presented as a temporary workaround, nothing stated as a "fix" or permanent.

Disabling HAGS does bring down a little performance but no where near as it assumed in your post. You may want to disable it then go play a bunch of games. Again, not saying it doesn't decrease some performance but it's not the massive hit you are saying. Newer computers will lose about 10-20 FPS. Older computers won't even see the hit (2000 series cards).

Also, as you state folks should report the game as "broken". You may want to ask the other 10k people a day why it's working for them (even on newer hardware).

I said it can cause issues that not it happens to everyone that does it. The performance decrease can vary depending on the PC and situation. You're making assuptions and mentioning something about a "Massive hit" which I never specified anything like that. You're also making a general assuption on several things.. Just stop.

EDIT: Also the crashing is happening to many people on all PC clients(Steam and the EGS), Steam deck as well as all consoles.
Last edited by TribalSage; 21 Jun @ 12:22pm
Kambien 21 Jun @ 12:22pm 
Originally posted by Kambien:

I said it can cause issues that not it happens to everyone that does it. The performance decrease can vary depending on the PC and situation. You're making assuptions and mentioning something about a "Massive hit" which I never specified anything like that.

Not making assumptions sir, just trying to give people the facts.

Never said the crash is not happening, nor do I deny it. Just want to make sure people understand it's not happening all the time, nor is it happening for the majority.

Also the workarounds from HAGS, to dropping FPS to 75 or lower, Nexus mods, and others have helped many.

Should we have to do this? Hell no. I agree with you and all the dev's should do something for the folks who are experiencing issues.

Thanks!
Last edited by Kambien; 21 Jun @ 12:24pm
< >
Showing 1-15 of 17 comments
Per page: 1530 50

Date Posted: 17 Jun @ 6:19am