Hogwarts Legacy

Hogwarts Legacy

View Stats:
game cannot get past the warning page
There are 2 things that happen. 1 it will sit on the warning page forever and have no option to move forward. 2, it will open the warning page then immediately closes down and I have to relaunch. I have uninstalled and re-downloaded the game, restarted my computer, updated my drivers, and nothing has been able to fix it. Can someone help me see if there is something I am missing?
< >
Showing 1-5 of 5 comments
this is now happening for me after my update. i have a ryzen 5700 and it warns me the game has issues with it. havent had this problem til the update i just did today for the game. highly frustrated and have tried the same things you have.
Same for me after the update
so i had to go into my computer in safety mode (startup your pc and hold F5 while its loading up) login, and the top of ur screen should say safety mode. go into ur command console and type these:

chkdsk c: /f /r /x

this sould cause a response, i believe letting you know for any faults in ur drivers

if this doesnt work, and the command says it cannot run, run this command

sfc /scannow

now, if this has no issues when the command responds to it, (its going to take a few mins to scan) you will need to update your computer drivers and see if that fixes the issue.

if this does pop up issues, youll need to run this command after:

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

this should tell you what errors were fixed within your system. after this, if they're fixed, you can attempt to restart ur pc and start up the game again.

THIS IS WHAT FIXED MINE. IF IT DOESN'T WORK FOR YOU, IDK MANNNN.
Try optimising the game using geforce experience or the new app, cap refresh rate to monitor refresh rate, and see if it launches
Originally posted by MoralMedusa:
so i had to go into my computer in safety mode (startup your pc and hold F5 while its loading up) login, and the top of ur screen should say safety mode. go into ur command console and type these:

chkdsk c: /f /r /x

this sould cause a response, i believe letting you know for any faults in ur drivers

if this doesnt work, and the command says it cannot run, run this command

sfc /scannow

now, if this has no issues when the command responds to it, (its going to take a few mins to scan) you will need to update your computer drivers and see if that fixes the issue.

if this does pop up issues, youll need to run this command after:

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

this should tell you what errors were fixed within your system. after this, if they're fixed, you can attempt to restart ur pc and start up the game again.

THIS IS WHAT FIXED MINE. IF IT DOESN'T WORK FOR YOU, IDK MANNNN.

Yeah it's quite possible that there's some sort of corruption in the OS.
This is good advice and I would recommend for people to do this in general even if they don't have an issue with Hogwarts.

Running a command prompt as admin and typing in both commands will probably be easier and less confusing for a lot of people compared to running their pc/laptop in safe mode.

An FYI, you should run DISM before you run SFC.
Last edited by TribalSage; 14 Jul @ 7:31am
< >
Showing 1-5 of 5 comments
Per page: 1530 50

Date Posted: 13 Jul @ 6:10pm