The Last Campfire

The Last Campfire

View Stats:
B0b 3 Jan @ 7:33am
game is crap
But it's very pretty crap. Puzzle design was too trivial. NPC's only have one line of dialogue on repeat.

But it was pretty.
< >
Showing 1-11 of 11 comments
> NPC's only have one line of dialogue on repea

What exactly do you expect from a PUZZLE game? C.O.Dd? Fortnight?? Witcher 3??? Red Dead 2??? levels of interaction and action
This game ist absolutely beautiful in every way.
I kinda like it as much as the Talos principle.

Your name is Bob and youre a hamster. All said.
Bambo.O 6 Jun @ 6:28am 
your comment hurts feelings :(

this game is still nice..
You’re old and wrong.
Miathan 14 Aug @ 4:20pm 
Imagine thinking that a game that sits on 97% all time review score is "crap". It's not the game buddy, it's you.
game is good, but there is a lot of filler and slowness to artificially increase total game time
Last edited by Albie There; 30 Sep @ 3:45am
Originally posted by Albie There:
game is good, but there is a lot of filler and slowness to artificially increase total game time
It's called Pacing.
I couldn't stand more than 20 minutes of this game. There were puzzles that could have easily been solved by simply walking around them, but somehow an invisible wall stops you from passing. Can the character not swim or jump more than a foot? He sure seems able to jump from lily pad to lily pad. Things like this irritate me, just like in games where characters are trapped behind bars they could easily squeeze through. If you're going to have puzzles, make them make sense. Puzzles should challenge your problem-solving skills, not make you feel like the solution is artificially blocked by game mechanics that don't fit the context of the world.
Last edited by LegendaryNugget; 2 Oct @ 12:26pm
Originally posted by LegendaryNugget:
I couldn't stand more than 20 minutes of this game. There were puzzles that could have easily been solved by simply walking around them, but somehow an invisible wall stops you from passing. Can the character not swim or jump more than a foot? He sure seems able to jump from lily pad to lily pad. Things like this irritate me, just like in games where characters are trapped behind bars they could easily squeeze through. If you're going to have puzzles, make them make sense. Puzzles should challenge your problem-solving skills, not make you feel like the solution is artificially blocked by game mechanics that don't fit the context of the world.

WTF you on?

The puzzles in this game are like toddler level easy
Originally posted by Albie There:
Originally posted by LegendaryNugget:

WTF you on?

The puzzles in this game are like toddler level easy
Can you not read? Nowhere in my comment did I imply that the puzzles are difficult. The issue isn't their difficulty but the fact that they feel contrived and nonsensical. When the only thing stopping progress is an invisible wall or a character's inability to do basic actions that the game clearly shows they are capable of like jumping or navigating simple obstacles it breaks immersion and makes the whole experience feel frustrating. Puzzles should be designed to make sense within the game world, not rely on arbitrary limitations that exist only to create a challenge.
Last edited by LegendaryNugget; 3 Oct @ 8:21am
< >
Showing 1-11 of 11 comments
Per page: 1530 50

Date Posted: 3 Jan @ 7:33am

More discussions