Steam Community Market CmMkt
IN-GAME
Founded
12 December, 2012
Market items seller profile
not visible anymore? why remove it or is it just a bug
< >
Showing 1-10 of 10 comments
because too many random buyers add and disturb U for nothing, most with PayPal payment, they refund and money return back to them, after they get your skin ..scammers
People using not only the avatars to look up the user who owned the items but also used the Market history tab to do the same.

All because malicious actors can not stop targeting accounts with valuable items for their scams.

This is also why Valve removed the direct link to the users profile in the Market listings pages nearly a decade ago.

We can't have nice things because of rampant scams and hijackings.

:winterbunny2023:
oh it make sense, i was also basing it on the seller profile to have some luck on buying a level 5 voiceline avatar on dota 2 but now it's really a 50/50.

I just hope steam would add more description on the item, so it's clear because you can only know the level once you bought it
Originally posted by i want fires of vashundol:
oh it make sense, i was also basing it on the seller profile to have some luck on buying a level 5 voiceline avatar on dota 2 but now it's really a 50/50.

I just hope steam would add more description on the item, so it's clear because you can only know the level once you bought it

I don't disagree. For those types of items with vastly different variables, they should let you see the exact listing as it would be in the inventory as a pop up window.

Originally posted by cSg|mc-Hotsauce:
Originally posted by i want fires of vashundol:

I don't disagree. For those types of items with vastly different variables, they should let you see the exact listing as it would be in the inventory as a pop up window.

well i do hope that reaches the steam dev team, it only shows the "limited use time 1" as a default for all the lisitings and not the usage/levels in which you can see if it's in-game
U can also post in Dota2 forum :steamthumbsup::d2bloodseeker:
To hide the massive bot farms that control the market. :frenzy::evilcunning:
Pere Obo 14 Feb @ 5:56pm 
It's a huge problem for me as I sell rare counter-strike skins (high and low float values) at above market prices. Without my avatar giving a hint, nobody can tell the difference between my listing and dozens of others that are just randomly overpriced.

My sales have plummeted since the change and I don't know what to do about it.
Originally posted by Pere Obo:
It's a huge problem for me as I sell rare counter-strike skins (high and low float values) at above market prices. Without my avatar giving a hint, nobody can tell the difference between my listing and dozens of others that are just randomly overpriced.

My sales have plummeted since the change and I don't know what to do about it.
nobody knows the real price of an item as long as we are free to sell them to any price we want, but this is not quite related with this thread, we can make another discussion,...
< >
Showing 1-10 of 10 comments
Per page: 1530 50