STEAM GROUP
Steam Remote Play homestream
STEAM GROUP
Steam Remote Play homestream
IN-GAME
Founded
7 November, 2013
DT 27 May, 2014 @ 6:49am
Can I stop streaming without closing the game on the host PC?
Title. I love being able to move around with my laptop while playing, but every time I want to go back to playing on my host PC, I can't close the stream without having my game closed also. This is a pain for games that take a good while to launch/load.

Did I just completely overlook it or is this feature not implemented?
Thanks in advance.
Last edited by DT; 27 May, 2014 @ 6:49am
< >
Showing 1-11 of 11 comments
Tristis Oris 9 May, 2015 @ 4:47am 
up.
Now there is no way to do alt+tab, and restarting the game is often too long.

sometimes exit to menu can solve problem (bitrate dropdown to 1-2k and alttab working fine), but not all games have free saves.
False Dmitry II 12 May, 2015 @ 12:33am 
I think that's a good idea too. Because there are times when the whole point is just changing from one computer/area to another and having to leave the stream up when returning to the host computer just handcuffs you.
Supreme Toaster 19 May, 2015 @ 4:15pm 
To close the stream just press "Stream" on the game you are currently playing.
Tristis Oris 19 May, 2015 @ 4:45pm 
in game library? impossible, if you can't alttab.
Supreme Toaster 20 May, 2015 @ 7:34am 
Originally posted by Tristis Oris:
in game library? impossible, if you can't alttab.

On the streaming/receiving PC you can alt-tab and then just press "stream" again. It will terminate the streaming process running and leave the game on host computer running.
SparkTheGamer(YT) 21 Jun, 2017 @ 5:38pm 
Originally posted by Supreme Toaster:
To close the stream just press "Stream" on the game you are currently playing.

Thank you. Thank you very much.
Mio Rin 27 Jun, 2017 @ 9:03pm 
Steam system tray menu on the host also has a 'Stop Streaming' option when it's streaming. You can use that when you get back on the host.
DragonDao 11 Oct, 2023 @ 11:41am 
Originally posted by Mio Rin:
Steam system tray menu on the host also has a 'Stop Streaming' option when it's streaming.

Great tip! Combine this with Ctrl+Shift+Esc to be able to access the tray, and you can do it from the remote PC.
Last edited by DragonDao; 11 Oct, 2023 @ 11:42am
Sorry for necroposting but this is the first result in google for "steam stop in house streaming" and I just want to say in case you missed the 2 second long hint when starting the stream, you can hold escape and you get the streaming menu (or the xbox button when using an xbox controller) where you get the options to disconnect for the stream (keeping the game going), stopping the game (and the stream) all together and sound controls
In case any one finds this. If you are using KBM hold escape and it should bring up a menu. You should see sliders for Volume and Mic, and options for ending stream or game and stream.
_I_ 7 Jul @ 3:41am 
on link hardware you can bind a controller combo to bring up the link osd menu while streaming
has volume/mic sliders and stop streaming
ex. start+select or guide + button
< >
Showing 1-11 of 11 comments
Per page: 1530 50