IN-GAME
Founded
5 March
Language
English
Pua 28 Mar @ 5:16am
Big thank you for this update
Thank you Valve for all these changes.

This update to the old Family Sharing feature now helps actual families living on the same house. Now we can play games from the same library at the same time, no more going offline hacks. And all the child accounts management. This is pure gold.

Thanks, Steam Families really helps families instead of group of families friends that just want to buy games between several players to save money.
< >
Showing 1-9 of 9 comments
Mariko 28 Mar @ 6:36am 
So you like people to be restricted? Nice one. Companies get away with anti-consumer practices because of people like you.
Pua 28 Mar @ 7:00am 
No, I like things better suited with what they were originally intented. The old version was much worse for FAMILIES.
Mariko 28 Mar @ 7:08am 
Originally posted by Pua:
No, I like things better suited with what they were originally intented. The old version was much worse for FAMILIES.
What would you lose if there were no region restrictions, for example? It wouldn't hurt you at all, but there are A LOT of people who suffer because of this restriction.
Pua 28 Mar @ 7:24am 
Originally posted by Mariko:
Originally posted by Pua:
What would you lose if there were no region restrictions, for example? It wouldn't hurt you at all, but there are A LOT of people who suffer because of this restriction.
It is impossible to have it everything. The system needs to be restricted so publishers allow their games to be shared. You see how many people abused the old system to share games with all their friends (or even with completely unknown people).

Steam Family is giving me and my family a lot of more liberty to use games from the same library. This is a much better configuration for families. Families are not normal to be in different regions at the same time, those are edge cases. I have the most common example of a family, and Steam Family is much much much better than the old Family Sharing system.
The Bull 28 Mar @ 5:54pm 
Agree with OP, that I think this is an excellent upgrade to family sharing, and it will really help in a household with kids.
JBlackCZ 28 Apr @ 3:08pm 
Welp, time to start pirating again 'cause this is anti-consumer BS
Pua 29 Apr @ 11:20am 
Originally posted by JBlackCZ:
Welp, time to start pirating again 'cause this is anti-consumer BS
If you were sharing games with multiple friends outside your house, I think nobody is going to miss you if you start pirating games as you wouldn't have been spending a significant amount of money of games.

This update is great for people like me. My wife and myself can play games at the same time in our home. This was always the intented way of using it. No more "hey guys! Who wants to join my group to share games?" shenanigans.
DeZi 30 Apr @ 10:58am 
I like most of the changes, too.
i think the 1 year cooldown is too long, but i get everything else.
It's nice that now my nephew can play Party animals with his friends the whole day and i don't have to care about that and still play my games at the same time
< >
Showing 1-9 of 9 comments
Per page: 1530 50

Date Posted: 28 Mar @ 5:16am