STEAM GROUP
Steam Families stmfmls
IN-GAME
Founded
5 March
Language
English
Confused with simultaneous gameplay on family sharing
Can someone tell me if you can play the same game simultaneously or do they still need to have the same bought copy with a new family sharing? As far as I am concerned it was written like this:
"Ability to play a family member’s game simultaneously, even if another game is being played"
I emphasize on EVEN IF another game is being played. Or has this not yet been implemented yet? I was trying to play Dungeon Defenders with one friend and it didn't even work which is weird.
< >
Showing 1-3 of 3 comments
You can not play the same game at the same time. This updated family sharing (currently in beta) allows you to play multiple games from a library simultaneously, but they all must be different games.

If you want to play the same game the other person needs to have their own copy.
Do we have news if this will change in the future?
Ogami 5 Jul @ 2:29am 
Originally posted by SlaveKnightWayne:
Do we have news if this will change in the future?

It will not. You can only play as many versions of the same game as there are licenses present in the family.
So if only one person in the family owns a game then only one person can play the game at the same time.
If two people own the game in the family then two people can play it at the same time.
And so on.
< >
Showing 1-3 of 3 comments
Per page: 1530 50