Steam Families stmfmls
STEAM GROUP
Steam Families stmfmls
IN-GAME
Founded
5 March
Language
English
The Year Long cool-down is to long/should be removed.
A "friend" in our original steam family got mad at us and removed us all from the steam family and then blocked us. Now we have to wait a whole year before we can share games again. Steam supports says they can't lift the wait either. I hope the cool-down is removed or at least shortene.
< >
Showing 1-6 of 6 comments
Ogami 5 Jul @ 2:27am 
Its not technically always a year, its one year SINCE you last joined a family.
So if you are a member of a family for 7 months, then leave or get kicked you only have to wait 5 months before you can join another.

Also regarding your story, DONT invite people to your family as "adult" unless you are 100% sure they are reliable and you have access to them in real life.
What you described is exactly the reason its meant for single household family members.
"child" accounts cant disolve the group or invite/kick anyone but they have no further restrictions if you dont turn on the parental control options.
Last edited by Ogami; 5 Jul @ 2:27am
Huskzee 5 Jul @ 8:46am 
Originally posted by Ogami:
Its not technically always a year, its one year SINCE you last joined a family.
So if you are a member of a family for 7 months, then leave or get kicked you only have to wait 5 months before you can join another.

Also regarding your story, DONT invite people to your family as "adult" unless you are 100% sure they are reliable and you have access to them in real life.
What you described is exactly the reason its meant for single household family members.
"child" accounts cant disolve the group or invite/kick anyone but they have no further restrictions if you dont turn on the parental control options.
The owner of the original was my ex-bestfriend not just some random dude we just met. Also most of the group has to wait around 11 months before they can rejoin. The year long wait should be removed regardless of my own situation because a whole year is diabolical.
people will abuse the feature if it was like a month or 2, i see a year cool down is actually good make people think twice before joining or trying to leave
jimi 5 Jul @ 2:26pm 
Maybe the year wait can be somehow justified by steam, but please for the love of god remove the cooldown on slots, as it makes no sense that we cant add a new person because some 5 months ago we had to kick someone, this is the part that i think should have the wait absolutely removed it doesnt make any sense
Ogami 5 Jul @ 5:50pm 
Originally posted by jimi:
Maybe the year wait can be somehow justified by steam, but please for the love of god remove the cooldown on slots, as it makes no sense that we cant add a new person because some 5 months ago we had to kick someone, this is the part that i think should have the wait absolutely removed it doesnt make any sense

I think its because the person who left can rejoin the same group without a cooldown.
So the slot is "reserved" for that person to rejoin.
Only after the cooldown for leaving expires does the slot become "free".
Perhaps as a compromise, allow each user one courtesy leave before making them go through the cooldown?
Especially with the system in beta right now, a lot of people may join a group initially but end up breaking their previous family sharing connections in the process, and be unable to restore them under the new system.
< >
Showing 1-6 of 6 comments
Per page: 1530 50