RimWorld

RimWorld

SeedsPlease
Bobette261 1 Jan, 2022 @ 9:25pm
Harvesting plants no longer produces seeds? (v1.1)
Hello, I'm a big fan of this mod, thanks so much for your hard work on it. This mod + wild cultivation forms a big part of what I enjoy in the Rimworld early/middle game.

Just started playing Rimworld again after a year's hiatus and found that harvesting plants no longer automatically produces seeds.. which means I may only get them at the seeds bench (haven't gotten far enough to try that yet) and renders my ability to scale up food production much more difficult / unlikely. I've tested this on a large number of trees, vanilla game plants (ie berries) and also plants from mods (juniper, onions, etc from vanilla cooking expanded). None of them produce seeds. I am also getting numerous error messages so I figure this is not an intended change...

Here's my deets:
I'm playing rimworld 1.1. To make debugging easier I stripped out my bazillion mods and only used these mods, in order:
Harmony, Core, PatchOperationHighlander, SeedsPlease

I had to download a version of harmony since the one on steam no longer supports 1.1. Otherwise I downloaded the latest version of pch and seedsplease.

Still had same set of error messages on startup + still not able to get seeds when plants are harvested.

Here are the error messages I keep getting:

-------------
1 error message of:

Could not find type named LoadOnDemand.PatchOperationLoadOnDemand from node <Operation Class="LoadOnDemand.PatchOperationLoadOnDemand"><mods><li>VGP Vegetable Garden</li></mods><folders><li>VGPVegetableGarden</li></folders></Operation>
Verse.Log:Error(String, Boolean)
Verse.DirectXmlToObject:ClassTypeOf(XmlNode)
Verse.DirectXmlToObject:ObjectFromXml(XmlNode, Boolean)
Verse.ModContentPack:LoadPatches()
Verse.ModContentPack:get_Patches()
Verse.<>c:<ApplyPatches>b__16_0(ModContentPack)
System.Linq.SelectManySingleSelectorIterator`2:MoveNext()
Verse.LoadedModManager:ApplyPatches(XmlDocument, Dictionary`2)
Verse.LoadedModManager:LoadAllActiveMods()
Verse.PlayDataLoader:DoPlayLoad()
Verse.PlayDataLoader:LoadAllPlayData(Boolean)
Verse.<>c:<Start>b__6_1()
Verse.LongEventHandler:RunEventFromAnotherThread(Action)
Verse.<>c:<UpdateCurrentAsynchronousEvent>b__27_0()
System.Threading.ThreadHelper:ThreadStart_Context(Object)
System.Threading.ExecutionContext:RunInternal(ExecutionContext, ContextCallback, Object, Boolean)
System.Threading.ExecutionContext:Run(ExecutionContext, ContextCallback, Object, Boolean)
System.Threading.ExecutionContext:Run(ExecutionContext, ContextCallback, Object)
System.Threading.ThreadHelper:ThreadStart()

Then I get a bunch of red lines along the lines of "XML error ..." mostly related to VGP Garden, but I feel like I always had those messages in the past and the mod worked just fine. Also interspersed were: "Could not find type named LoadOnDemand.PatchOperationLoadOnDemand from node <Operation"

But then I also get two lines which seem more concerning although I'm not too sure what they refer to specifically:

18 instances reported of:

Attempted to use PatchOperation directly; patch will always fail
Verse.PatchOperation:ApplyWorker(XmlDocument)
Verse.PatchOperation:Apply(XmlDocument)
Verse.LoadedModManager:ApplyPatches(XmlDocument, Dictionary`2)
System.Threading.ExecutionContext:RunInternal(ExecutionContext, ContextCallback, Object, Boolean)
System.Threading.ExecutionContext:Run(ExecutionContext, ContextCallback, Object, Boolean)
System.Threading.ExecutionContext:Run(ExecutionContext, ContextCallback, Object)

18 instances reported of:

[SeedsPlease] Patch operation Verse.PatchOperation failed
file: .../Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/workshop/content/294100/935732834/Patches/LoadOnDemand_Addons.xml
Verse.PatchOperation:Complete(String)
Verse.LoadedModManager:ClearCachedPatches()

-------------

A couple notes:
* I don't have any error messages when seeds please is not loaded.
* I've also tried this with the Seeds all-in-one Megapatch and it doesn't seem to make a difference.
* Crop planting still requires seeds so the seeds please mod is still functional to some extent.
* I start my game with some seeds and they are appearing as normal (in my normal playthrough with more mods).
* Have not tested if the seed extraction bench still works.

Thanks! And again, really appreciate this great mod.
Last edited by Bobette261; 1 Jan, 2022 @ 9:58pm