Not able to import whole directory from mendeley

edited 24 days ago
Hi,

I am trying to import my Mendeley library to Zotero, but only some files are imported. I tried online import which resulted in only 30 files imported and the alternative local solution resulted in 69 files although I have 1400 files. The debug report says problem with parsing. I use Mendeley 1.17 and Zotero v7. I would appreciate a help.

The reporting ID 141480273 and the debug id D1166284502

Regards,
Burak
  • Somehow, the path we're getting from Mendeley is prefixed with a "/", which is confusing the importer. Also debug log does not contain the entire import process.

If your Mendeley account is synced, I recommend using the online import method.

You also need to enable debugging before starting the import, and submit the output once it completes or encounters an error (i.e., when the progress bar disappears).
  • Thanks, I also tried the online import method, but it only imports 30 files.
    The debug ID is D1591445485. The report is obtained after the import finishes and debugging is enabled.

The debugging ID for the previous method is D865794197, this time debugging is enabled.

Last year I was able to import to Zotero v6. I would appreciate the help.

• This might be a bug, we're looking into it.
  • @burakgurlek: This should be fixed in the latest Zotero beta. Could you test? You can switch back to the release version afterward.
  • @dstillman, the problem persists. Both online importer and local ones does import only 30 and 60 references only.

Debug IDs: D952361504 and D144569962

• Sorry, it actually wasn't fixed in 7.0.2-beta.2. Try 7.0.2-beta.3.
  • Thanks a lot! It worked for online importer
  • Fixed now in 7.0.2