Farming Simulator 25

Farming Simulator 25

Maccas 29 Jun @ 2:19am
Nothing new here
I get the feeling there's some lead devs holding FS back, that likely made the engine back in 2013 or wherever, and their ego is preventing them from moving to a more modern and superior engine. Every version is just an iteration on the previous. They look identical to 2015 - lighting is bad, textures are flat af, view distance LOD drop-off is utter trash, physics are basic af, no soil physics etc etc.
A frequent comparison is SnowRunner of how much more realistic the physics could be and how much better the game and lighting could look - and that isn't even that great in that game!
People need to start voting with their wallets on this stale franchise.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 57 comments
Its sad to have to mention snowrunner as a good game, saber only ran down the series since departing from spintires, by creating the console port of it called mudrunner.

But you are right in that it has better terrain and vehicles physics still, if FS 22 had only halve of that it would be cool.
But this is not hard to accomplish, FS has no real vehicles physics at all, its extremely basic, and this is intentional, so kids can play the game and goof off with vehicles that are impossible to flip over and have near unlimited grip.

In short, i dont think the engine is held back, its kept this way on purpose.
Last edited by Actionjackson; 29 Jun @ 3:04am
illgib 29 Jun @ 3:40am 
When even similar older farming games had better ground reaction and live cabin screen, you really start to question what Giants are doing when every iteration the price increase of 10/20€.
Maccas 29 Jun @ 3:50am 
Originally posted by Actionjackson:
FS has no real vehicles physics at all, its extremely basic, and this is intentional, so kids can play the game and goof off with vehicles that are impossible to flip over and have near unlimited grip.

I would disagree, it is after all, a simulator, and the vast majority of players are adult, there's the simpler console releases aimed at kids, this is meant to be the fully fleshed out simulator, and they've added a lot of complexity to it in terms of crops and animals activities.

Holding all that back just to keep it a little more accessible to kids so they can mess about in a tractor and flip stuff over for an hour then go back to fortnite makes no sense at all.
illgib 29 Jun @ 5:01am 
Originally posted by MajorMaccas:
FS has no real vehicles physics at all, its extremely basic, and this is intentional, so kids can play the game and goof off with vehicles that are impossible to flip over and have near unlimited grip.

I would disagree, it is after all, a simulator, and the vast majority of players are adult, there's the simpler console releases aimed at kids, this is meant to be the fully fleshed out simulator, and they've added a lot of complexity to it in terms of crops and animals activities.

Holding all that back just to keep it a little more accessible to kids so they can mess about in a tractor and flip stuff over for an hour then go back to fortnite makes no sense at all.
We can have both, instead we had the lower end.
Originally posted by MajorMaccas:

I would disagree, it is exactly enough so it passes as game. Bread and goat simulators are "simulator" too, the word simulator does not make it a simulator.

What i mean is there is a lot missing for it to be a simulator, if you dont feed animals they dont die, not very simulator, and this is just an example.
Id say most people that play are kids and teens and young adults. The "hardcore" realism freaks are the older people, but these dont come in numbers that matter(financially), so the game is geared toward young people with more casual rules .
Last edited by Actionjackson; 29 Jun @ 7:35am
Maccas 29 Jun @ 10:35am 
ok, but what about everything else? The very dated graphics and lighting, the flat textures, the basic animations, the view distance, and now none of this has changed since 2015, just small incremental updates with a hefty price increase.

Picking bread and goat as counter examples was pretty dumb though I've lost interest in replying.
I am not here to argue with you back and forth, its all good. In the end we do agree i think, even if it does not look as if we do from afar.
Yes the game looks like a beefed up 2010 engine, if you crank everything to the max it does look fine in my eyes, but the textures are, well as you say, flat.

My original point was simply that i believe the game is kept the way it is on purpose, and not because they can not change it. That is all i was saying rly. :Owlcat_wink:

Id say most people that play are kids and teens and young adults. The "hardcore" realism freaks are the older people, but these dont come in numbers that matter(financially), so the game is geared toward young people with more casual rules .

I just burst out laughing imagining my teenagers nephews driving a Ventor 4150 on a potato field at 6 mph for 2 hours.
Lunatic 5 Jul @ 4:33pm 
If you look closely at screenshot n°4 you'll notice the finish... the right front tire with the texture of the field passing through the tire. If the game is finished like this everywhere, expect:
Rain that doesn't get wet, automatic windshield wipers, animals grazing on the road, no soil physics, animals that don't need water, and non-existent crop watering. If it suits you, go ahead and pay.
HEY BUT THERE IS A GPS WOOOOOOOOT... !!!! mod fs 19-22:steamthumbsup: THANK GIANT
illgib 5 Jul @ 4:58pm 
Originally posted by Lunatic:
If you look closely at screenshot n°4 you'll notice the finish... the right front tire with the texture of the field passing through the tire. If the game is finished like this everywhere, expect:
Rain that doesn't get wet, automatic windshield wipers, animals grazing on the road, no soil physics, animals that don't need water, and non-existent crop watering. If it suits you, go ahead and pay.
HEY BUT THERE IS A GPS WOOOOOOOOT... !!!! mod fs 19-22:steamthumbsup: THANK GIANT
And a lot of fog, don't forget.
Yep, nothing new. Its just a $50 dlc of the previous games. They're all the same.
Lunatic 6 Jul @ 4:17am 
Originally posted by illgib:
Yes i forgot that XD, they sell fog of war.
The only thing really change,like Shooter87 said, it's the overpriced.
Last edited by Lunatic; 6 Jul @ 4:17am
Originally posted by illgib:
Same price as FS22 was at release.
Lunatic 6 Jul @ 7:30am 
Originally posted by ShutEye_DK:
? it was in 2018, don't remember but feel seem to have always seen it at 39.90.
Originally posted by ShutEye_DK:
? it was in 2018, don't remember but feel seem to have always seen it at 39.90.
In 2024, those 40 is worth less than in 2018. What was 40 then is easily 50 now. It's the same price, measured in what you can buy, not how big the number is.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 57 comments
Per page: 1530 50