Farming Simulator 25

Farming Simulator 25

Bags77 15 Aug @ 9:40am
It's been a while
It's been a while since i played fs17 and considering updating. That is, if actually something changed between fs17 and fs25?
Does the game now have basics like seasons and irrigation? Or is the core mechanics still the exact same as with fs13?
< >
Showing 1-11 of 11 comments
Are you trolling us? You could easily go find out yourself.
ZumZer 17 Aug @ 5:50am 
Originally posted by ShutEye_DK:

Result of all this negative is a direct consequence of Giants milking players every other year with bare minimum, that's my guess. I've been reading a lot of discussions on steam since FS11-FS25, so for what I'm understanding, and with my own experience, this is a result. Results needs to be accepted, even though you don't agree.

It's important to remember that we're talking about profesional Game-developers/company, they know exactly what and when to market and sell things, that's their profession, if they want a different result, they know exactly what to do, they are profesional
I agree.

Originally posted by Bags77:
It's been a while since i played fs17 and considering updating. That is, if actually something changed between fs17 and fs25?
Does the game now have basics like seasons and irrigation? Or is the core mechanics still the exact same as with fs13?
Not to sound rude, so extraordinarily sorry if it comes across that way. A simple search in your browser would answer your questions. Knowing FS25 exists and navigating to the FS25 forums, but not knowing what it entails seems very strange to me. Also, you make it sound like FS17 had no improvements over 2013, which makes me think you won't accept any of the changes in FS25 as improvements.

In short, FS25 will be vastly different than FS17, and you will experience a much improved game if you have the hardware to support it. Even if you have a difficult time accepting the actual improvements.
Last edited by Knottypine; 17 Aug @ 2:19pm
Ravager 19 Aug @ 5:50am 
Originally posted by Knottypine:
I agree.

Not to sound rude, so extraordinarily sorry if it comes across that way. A simple search in your browser would answer your questions. Knowing FS25 exists and navigating to the FS25 forums, but not knowing what it entails seems very strange to me. Also, you make it sound like FS17 had no improvements over 2013, which makes me think you won't accept any of the changes in FS25 as improvements.

In short, FS25 will be vastly different than FS17, and you will experience a much improved game if you have the hardware to support it. Even if you have a difficult time accepting the actual improvements.

The amount you wrote to say that, you could just have easily have answered the OP's question without all the psycho babble :ccHappy: The modern internet is the worst man I swear...

OP: FS22 is a big upgrade over FS17, introducing stuff like new livestock, better graphics (still tweakable with SweetFX if you prefer a different look), way more vehicles, better physics, added sound effects for stuff like unloading and tree felling for a more atmospheric feel, better textures that while still being essetially 2D they do give the preception of depth better than the older versions, seasons (including snow which can be ploughed), and some decent vanilla maps, together with the mod support from previous games.

Overall there's no reason to still play FS17 when FS22 exists. So far in the series the newer version has always been better. The only thing I don't personally like with FS22 is the effects of the manual gear shifts, where even on automatic shifting, your tractor still simulates manual shifts if it's old enough to not have an automatic gearbox, which can lead to some older tractors struggling to find the right gear as you try to pull heavy stuff up hill, such as a plow or a cultivator.

FS22 also added stone picking to the fields (can be toggled on and off) and a much better AI helper which can transport loads from A to B similarly to Courseplay, though the actual fieldwork helper is about the same as in previous games.

The biggest upgrade for me is the sound effects, they're just leagues ahead of anything we've seen in the past, though depending on what sort of sound setup you play with obviously decides how much you'd notice that. With a good pair of phones it's very immersive.

Overall it's definitely worth getting over FS17 and 19. Though so close to the release of FS25? Maybe just wait for that instead and make the jump from FS17 to 25, since most of the community will migrate when it comes out in November anyway and it'll save you having to buy 2 games to catch up instead of just 1.

I hope that helped!
Last edited by Ravager; 19 Aug @ 5:56am
Originally posted by STOOKY:
I agree.

The amount you wrote to say that, you could just have easily have answered the OP's question without all the psycho babble :ccHappy: The modern internet is the worst man I swear...

OP: FS22 is a big upgrade over FS17, introducing stuff like new livestock, better graphics (still tweakable with SweetFX if you prefer a different look), way more vehicles, better physics, added sound effects for stuff like unloading and tree felling for a more atmospheric feel, better textures that while still being essetially 2D they do give the preception of depth better than the older versions, seasons (including snow which can be ploughed), and some decent vanilla maps, together with the mod support from previous games.

Overall there's no reason to still play FS17 when FS22 exists. So far in the series the newer version has always been better. The only thing I don't personally like with FS22 is the effects of the manual gear shifts, where even on automatic shifting, your tractor still simulates manual shifts if it's old enough to not have an automatic gearbox, which can lead to some older tractors struggling to find the right gear as you try to pull heavy stuff up hill, such as a plow or a cultivator.

FS22 also added stone picking to the fields (can be toggled on and off) and a much better AI helper which can transport loads from A to B similarly to Courseplay, though the actual fieldwork helper is about the same as in previous games.

The biggest upgrade for me is the sound effects, they're just leagues ahead of anything we've seen in the past, though depending on what sort of sound setup you play with obviously decides how much you'd notice that. With a good pair of phones it's very immersive.

Overall it's definitely worth getting over FS17 and 19. Though so close to the release of FS25? Maybe just wait for that instead and make the jump from FS17 to 25, since most of the community will migrate when it comes out in November anyway and it'll save you having to buy 2 games to catch up instead of just 1.

I hope that helped!
Psycho babble? lol From the guy who just wrote 5 paragraphs to say buy FS22.... or 25. Whichever.
Ravager 20 Aug @ 12:36pm 

I hope that helped!
Psycho babble? lol From the guy who just wrote 5 paragraphs to say buy FS22.... or 25. Whichever.

6 paragraphs answering the OP's question actually :P The psycho babble was you saying "sorry to be rude but" *proceeds to be rude and unhelpful*. Just why bother? Why bother reading what I wrote and replying to it?

Complete waste of both our time so anticipating another useless response i'm unsubscribing from the discussion now.
Last edited by Ravager; 20 Aug @ 12:37pm

6 paragraphs answering the OP's question actually :P The psycho babble was you saying "sorry to be rude but" *proceeds to be rude and unhelpful*. Just why bother? Why bother reading what I wrote and replying to it?

Complete waste of both our time so anticipating another useless response i'm unsubscribing from the discussion now.
Five actually answering the OP, but it's all semantics. People are super easily offended so I apologized for any offence the OP might have taken by questing the sincerity of their post. If you could point out where I was rude and unhelpful that would be appreciated. Stating facts isn't being rude. If you took it that way, that's pretty soft of you.

Good on you though to unsubscribe. The OP doesn't need any fluff anyway. What they need is to understand what they're looking at when the come to the FS25 page, the info they're asking about is clearly all there. Give a man a fish they eat for a day, teach a man to fish... well you get.

*Also feel like I should just point out, you didn't actually answer the OP whatsoever in your rambling.
Last edited by Knottypine; 20 Aug @ 7:30pm
D3st 21 Aug @ 10:04am 
The step they made from 17 to 22 is quite big and in fact its should have been this kind of step giants should have done with each release.With what we have seen so far there will be more stuff coming in 25.If you played 22 and you tight on money i would say wait for the game to be one sale before buying 25.If you havent play since 17,i would say go ahead and buy it,the game will worth your money.
Last edited by D3st; 21 Aug @ 10:06am
Originally posted by D3st:
The step they made from 17 to 22 is quite big and in fact its should have been this kind of step giants should have done with each release.With what we have seen so far there will be more stuff coming in 25.If you played 22 and you tight on money i would say wait for the game to be one sale before buying 25.If you havent play since 17,i would say go ahead and buy it,the game will worth your money.
Wait will be worth in terms of resolving bugs, improve optimization, especially buying it from sale if we have fs22. But gaints will put this game on sale after the year of release atleast.
Evan 23 Aug @ 9:52pm 
Why play FS25 when you can play FS08?
Originally posted by Evan:
Why play FS25 when you can play FS08?
I recently installed FS17, just to have a look.
You should try it.
< >
Showing 1-11 of 11 comments
Per page: 1530 50