Gray Zone Warfare

Gray Zone Warfare

severs seem dead!!!
just tried playing pvp on four different severs and its empty
Last edited by SHIT STAINS; 10 Jul @ 3:20am
< >
Showing 1-15 of 56 comments
CRiTiCaL 10 Jul @ 2:19am 
There is only 900 people playing right now.
Mr.Fish 10 Jul @ 2:31am 
It's dinner time in europe and early morning in NA.
Not sure what you are expecting in an alpha in the AM on a workday?
If you are playing pve, what difference does it make, play solo?
Last edited by Mr.Fish; 10 Jul @ 2:33am
So, just hopped on for the day and checking the Joint Operation regions I normally play on @05:25 EST:

Oceania - 15 player
US Central - 11 players
US East - Pretty empty. 2-5 players
US West - 10 players

These are Crimson numbers from the first server I joined for each region. They don't include me in the numbers.

Servers for regions that are asleep right now (US) are partially filled.

Oceania is nearly full as it's evening for them right now.

What regions are you trying?
Last edited by Jonathan J. O'Neill; 10 Jul @ 2:36am
Originally posted by Mr.Fish:
im australian
Originally posted by Jonathan J. O'Neill:
So, just hopped on for the day and checking the Joint Operation regions I normally play on @05:25 EST:

Oceania - 15 player
US Central - 11 players
US East - Pretty empty. 2-5 players
US West - 10 players

These are Crimson numbers from the first server I joined for each region. They don't include me in the numbers.

Servers for regions that are asleep right now (US) are partially filled.

Oceania is nearly full as it's evening for them right now.

What regions are you trying?
im in oceania and its dead. and tried other countries same thing, even with time differences you would expect more numbers still
Mr.Fish 10 Jul @ 3:26am 
Originally posted by ♥♥♥♥ STAINS:
Originally posted by Mr.Fish:
im australian
Yeh you always get small numbers in Austrailia so its always gonna be quieter outside of peak NA/EU times, e.g. AUS have 30% more Steam users than Romania, Poland has 70% more than AUS, US has 10x the Steam users that AUS has.
Last edited by Mr.Fish; 11 Jul @ 12:46am
Where do we find the Server populations, as mentioned above?
Palid 10 Jul @ 7:16am 
looks like they don't need to fix the "all birds are in the air issue" because nobody is playing anymore.
Originally posted by Palid:
looks like they don't need to fix the "all birds are in the air issue" because nobody is playing anymore.
ah let them do whatever they say they do.

I fixed the heli in unreal almost 2 weeks ago.
It's as simple as adding an array and some branches in between and some checks. and voilla.
No more spamming the LZ button.
You will be on a list with max 16 people. No need for the dev's to change the chopper system and you can change destination before the heli lands to pick you up or before you're sitting on the chopper.

This took me max. 15 minutes to set up.
That's including a test array for the logged in users and some debug nodes to test if it really works.

The whole system has an input and an output.

Connect those 2 between their system and voilla.
All they have to do is add a list to the menu and put those names in there from the array.

It won't send choppers faster but at least the LZ button is not spammable anymore.
1 click and ur on that list.

let's say for them, an hour work? maybe even less.....
For them it's easier to add it because I have no users logged in.
So I had to make some extra nodes in there to test and an array with logged in users of that faction (which are 16 names and 16 indexes, from 0 to 15).
When list is full or when someone already clicked it, you're on the list and the LZ button goes green. And when a chopper arrives on destination, the player or players, (can be more then 1) will be deleted from that list and they can click it again.

Simple, fast and makes sure players don't have to spam that button which is really annoying.

This was a learning experience for me. But also to see if it was possible how I had in in my mind. And it was. Even a noob or NOT pro can do these things, like I am.
Last edited by Piet Piraat (back again); 10 Jul @ 7:29am
When there is a server wipe and people need to earn their gear and money things will pick up.
Originally posted by Piet Piraat (back again):
Originally posted by Palid:

It's as simple as adding an array and some branches in between and some checks. and voilla.
You will be on a list with max 16 people. No need for the dev's to change the chopper system and you can change destination before the heli lands to pick you up or before you're sitting on the chopper.

That's including a test array for the logged in users and some debug nodes to test if it really works.

All they have to do is add a list to the menu and put those names in there from the array.

It won't send choppers faster but at least the LZ button is not spammable anymore.

So I had to make some extra nodes in there to test and an array with logged in users of that faction (which are 16 names and 16 indexes, from 0 to 15).
When list is full or when someone already clicked it, you're on the list and the LZ button goes green. And when a chopper arrives on destination, the player or players, (can be more then 1) will be deleted from that list and they can click it again.

Simple, fast and makes sure players don't have to spam that button which is really annoying.

This was a learning experience for me. But also to see if it was possible how I had in in my mind. And it was. Even a noob or NOT pro can do these things, like I am.

So, it sounds like you didn't fix anything. You added a queue that stops people from spamming the button. Doesn't actually solve the issue of long flight times and limited helicopters.
What happens when you stop serving half of the population that support you because of some crooked political agenda.
Originally posted by Jonathan J. O'Neill:
Originally posted by Piet Piraat (back again):

So, it sounds like you didn't fix anything. You added a queue that stops people from spamming the button. Doesn't actually solve the issue of long flight times and limited helicopters.

I'll bet you want that system in there.
No it's not a fix to have heli's faster. I never said the heli's come faster.
It's not a fix how they did it now as well.
If I am with 3 people, I ain't gonna take a heli with 2 others on it.
I wait for a chopper for us 3 which cost still 1 heli, just like the same if 1 person takes a heli. So nothing changed, only minor change. I still have to see if someone goes to that direction. And if he is, and alsone, I can take that heli, yes.. But 7 out of 10 times it's not that case. So nothing is fixed as well.

At least the LZ button is not spammable anymore.
15 minute fix. why not do that. They can think of a real fix any time.
It's better then it is now, that's for sure.

But sure, do the endless complain about something helpful. If we help it's not good, if we don't help it's not good.

Helping others is out of the question here.
Thanks for letting me know.
Last edited by Piet Piraat (back again); 10 Jul @ 7:59am
What harm is there in spamming the LZ button?

Have you built into your system what happens if that player leaves the server, hops on another helicopter, dies before their helicopter enters the map, etc?

An ability to cancel their place in the queue?

Redundancies to keep the queue from getting clogged up with requests that are no longer valid?

There is more to it than just setting up a simplified queue system.

What is currently, at most, a ten minute wait on a helicopter to make a round trip would quickly devolve into a long queue of helicopters comprised of birds that someone no longer needs.
Last edited by Jonathan J. O'Neill; 10 Jul @ 7:50am
One can still slow the servers down to a crawl with a grenade in the right room
(Please fix)
< >
Showing 1-15 of 56 comments
Per page: 1530 50