Kunitsu-Gami: Path of the Goddess

Kunitsu-Gami: Path of the Goddess

View Stats:
Leoscar 2 Jul @ 2:14pm
Incredibly shallow
I don't know if I'm missing pieces of gameplay from the demo but I don't see how this can be a interesting game.

Melee combat while not horrible is also just spamming the right pre determined combo against the right ennemy. I'm not expecting Devil May Cry or Monster Hunter levels of combat but right now there just isn't much to it beyond spamming.

The tower defense aspect is plain horrible. Why do I need my archers to be on a predetermined placement for them to have extra range ? Why don't they shoot further if placed on a slope or a high piece of terrain ?
I also don't understand why I can't place the structures myself. Why are the tactical choice done for me ?

Someone explain me what I'm missing because I just don't see how this is supposed to be anything more than a mediocre action game / tower defense hybrid that fails at both.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 45 comments
There is dodge, block and jump and much more moves to unlock.

This game is an action RTS not a full pledge action game.
Leoscar 2 Jul @ 11:17pm 
Originally posted by REhorror:

When do you unlock these new moves ?

Thing is it's neither a good action or a good tower defense. Both are very shallow. Which is why I'm asking if I'm missing something in the gameplay.
DESTARD 2 Jul @ 11:24pm 
At least it's not a walking simulator like most games I was going to pick this game up but I liked No Rest for the Wicked alot better. Once the new game finish wears off you won't go back to the game. It looks like they took a bunch of shiny assets crammed them into the game then called it a day. If the game was cheaper say 29.00 I would be more inclined to buy and keep it.
Last edited by DESTARD; 2 Jul @ 11:26pm
REhorror 3 Jul @ 12:11am 
Originally posted by Leoscar:

Thing is it's neither a good action or a good tower defense. Both are very shallow. Which is why I'm asking if I'm missing something in the gameplay.
You unlock the first R2 (Suzaku's sweep) by completing the first stage.

There is also some variation in combo strings as well.
Leoscar 3 Jul @ 1:55am 

You unlock the first R2 (Suzaku's sweep) by completing the first stage.

There is also some variation in combo strings as well.

Oh yeah I got the R2. But outside of the first boss it just isn't useful because the recharge is so long. A single attack isn't meaningful.

I'm aware of the different combos but it sucks that they're predetermined. It's all rock paper scissor :

Group of flying ennemies : Light > Heavy
Group of trash : L > L > H
Tanky ennemy when you don't have the R2 available : L > L > L > H

That's it. That's the whole gameplay right there. Blocking and dodging isn't useful since the ennemies are not dangerous, most attacks thrown against the player miss since attacking makes the character move so much.
Last edited by Leoscar; 3 Jul @ 1:56am
If you've watched the trailers you would've seen that there are stuffs like running start combos, dodges, deflections and parrying, longer combo strings, etc. Even in other Capcom games like DMCs, MHs, and DDs they don't give you all of your toys to play with from the start.

Is this your first Capcom games or something?
7K 3 Jul @ 2:31am 
Reading this gave me a whiplash flash back of people judging DMC5's combat as a whole after only playing the console demo. Good old times.
Leoscar 3 Jul @ 4:32am 
Originally posted by hewittlemming:
If you've watched the trailers you would've seen that there are stuffs like running start combos, dodges, deflections and parrying, longer combo strings, etc. Even in other Capcom games like DMCs, MHs, and DDs they don't give you all of your toys to play with from the start.

Is this your first Capcom games or something?

Why would I form an opinion on a trailer when the gameplay is available ?
All of these games have robust bases that are built upon. This though ? The base is thin.

Again defense doesn't matter in this game when attacks miss by themselves when you're doing your own combos.

Originally posted by 7K:
Reading this gave me a whiplash flash back of people judging DMC5's combat as a whole after only playing the console demo. Good old times.

Wouldn't surprise me. DMC4 has a lot of interesting stuff you can do with inertia and that was severly toned down in the 5th. I can imagine the jump from 4 to 5th wasn't well received initially.
7K 3 Jul @ 5:05am 
Originally posted by 7K:

Wouldn't surprise me. DMC4 has a lot of interesting stuff you can do with inertia and that was severly toned down in the 5th. I can imagine the jump from 4 to 5th wasn't well received initially.
I said "judging DMC5's combat as a whole after only playing the console demo". The same thing you are doing with this game right now. Why are you bringing DMC4 like it has any relevancy to what I said? Also, the vast majority of people who complained about the combat in the demo didn't have a clue what inertia is.
Leoscar 3 Jul @ 8:55am 
Originally posted by 7K:

I said "judging DMC5's combat as a whole after only playing the console demo". The same thing you are doing with this game right now. Why are you bringing DMC4 like it has any relevancy to what I said? Also, the vast majority of people who complained about the combat in the demo didn't have a clue what inertia is.

Lad you're the one who brought DMC5 to the discussion. All I'm saying is I get why people might have reacted like that in the demo. Now back to the topic.
7K 3 Jul @ 10:46am 
Lad you're the one who brought DMC5 to the discussion.
You are the one who mentioned DMC in your original post. That's why I brought up the discourse about DMC5's demo.

All I'm saying is I get why people might have reacted like that in the demo. Now back to the topic.
I was talking specifically about people who whined about the limited moveset the demo had and then painted the whole game as barebones based on it. The same thing you are doing here. Do you get it now?
Leoscar 3 Jul @ 1:17pm 
Originally posted by 7K:
Lad you're the one who brought DMC5 to the discussion.
You are the one who mentioned DMC in your original post. That's why I brought up the discourse about DMC5's demo.

All I'm saying is I get why people might have reacted like that in the demo. Now back to the topic.
I was talking specifically about people who whined about the limited moveset the demo had and then painted the whole game as barebones based on it. The same thing you are doing here. Do you get it now?

No I don't. Because while I'm not sure what the DMC5 demo looked like (which character was playable and with what move), it's still DMC, with stuff like High Time and Stinger that tell you certain inputs are going to do certain moves, that it's not just going to be pre determined combos.

This game though ? I haven't seen anything like it. There are exactly three combos, two running attacks and two jumping attacks. And that one button you can use once in a (long) while. That's the gameplay right here, in three lines. The entirety of it from what I played.
Sho's combos are limited because you're meant to use him in tandem with the villagers. He is not Dante, clearing waves of demons alone; he is the general, leading an army of soldiers in clearing the map.

If you're looking for another version of DMC, this is definitely not the game for you.
Last edited by View The Phenom; 3 Jul @ 6:52pm
3 Jul @ 9:02pm 
Originally posted by View The Phenom:
Sho's combos are limited because you're meant to use him in tandem with the villagers. He is not Dante, clearing waves of demons alone; he is the general, leading an army of soldiers in clearing the map.

If you're looking for another version of DMC, this is definitely not the game for you.
This.

It's funny people complain about the design of a game without taking into account what's the game about to begin with.
Dawduls 3 Jul @ 9:07pm 
I am going to make the radical assumption the game has more complexity than 3 early tutorial stages.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 45 comments
Per page: 1530 50