Kunitsu-Gami: Path of the Goddess

Kunitsu-Gami: Path of the Goddess

View Stats:
Grainy in-game graphics
Is it just me or are the demo's in-game graphics very grainy or overly pixelated? It's odd because the menus and HUD elements look fine. I've tried to compare what I am seeing to some recent Youtube videos but the compression on Youtube makes it too hard to tell if the same thing is occurring for others.
Originally posted by 袁銀-ゆん-Yun:
It seems like there's this kind of film grain in the game. Not sure if it really is that. I find that turning Image Quality to 120% and Anti Aliasing to TAA as well as max texture filter quality produces a less grainy screen. There is still some grainy look on some cloth but the overall environment is much more solid to look at, for lack of better words.
< >
Showing 1-13 of 13 comments
I have the same problem, I think it's an incompatibility with one of our systems, perhaps AMD video card. All Capcom game have this, I noticed with Resident Evil 4 mbutin this particular instance it's really absurd. I hope they fix it, probably will not...
Last edited by MahouKurein; 4 Jul @ 1:08pm
do you have RTX on? that seemed to make it worse, I turned rtx off and cranked image quality to 120% since I had extra frames from turning it off and that looked better.
The author of this thread has indicated that this post answers the original topic.
It seems like there's this kind of film grain in the game. Not sure if it really is that. I find that turning Image Quality to 120% and Anti Aliasing to TAA as well as max texture filter quality produces a less grainy screen. There is still some grainy look on some cloth but the overall environment is much more solid to look at, for lack of better words.
WantOn 4 Jul @ 12:50pm 
I have the same issue, on a 5600XT card. I assumed it was deliberate but the effect is so exaggerated as to be off-putting. A shame, as the game itself is very interesting.
I didn't think it was terrible, but I did notice it and wonder why that was the case.

This fixed it for me.

Yep, this seems to help a good deal!
Edgw4re 6 Jul @ 3:04pm 
The grain you mention is called noise and there are tools to get rid of it which Capcom has been avoiding since Devil May Cry V as far as I know.
Take a look at the start of the Cerberus Battle, when explosion happens the screen is filled with noise. I remember seeing some in RE4 Remake, it's in Dragon's Dogma 2 and now we're still suffering it with Kunitsu-Gami.
Capcom is not the best at technical feats lately.
QubaXR 6 Jul @ 5:39pm 
SMAA was giving me pretty chunky/grainy visuals (unlike how it usually looks), so I switched to TAA. That smoothed everything out and luckily did not present any ghosting.
AMD cards need their own technical help forum in each game lol
This kinda fixed it for me as well even tho I lost some fps but that's a fair trade. OP can you post this as the answer of the thread? I'm sure it'll help a lot. Love when people come together to fix these issues!

PS: If you look at the announcement trailer you can see this issue is present there as where lol, I guess they know but they don't really care. Scared this is going to be it moving forward.
Pretty sure it's not noise, but dithered transparency. Lots of games use it to reduce load on the GPU, but it looks terrible on 1080p. This can be only remedied by playing on higher resolutions like 2K (alternatively using 150% res scale) or 4K (which would be 200%), but that will tax your PC quite a bit, depending on the system.
Originally posted by Many-Named:
AMD cards need their own technical help forum in each game lol
Not an AMD problem, I've had this problem in other RE Engine games (RE 2, 3, 4, DMC 5) and wasn't able to do anything with this. Geforce 3050 Ti Laptop
Xafron Chi 19 Jul @ 12:39am 
^ Bump

A reminder for people that have this problem
< >
Showing 1-13 of 13 comments
Per page: 1530 50