Kunitsu-Gami: Path of the Goddess

Kunitsu-Gami: Path of the Goddess

View Stats:
how does shiden dance work
The description says the number of strikes will change depending on combo, but the heavy attack (right click attack) is always just 2. Am I misunderstanding something here?
< >
Showing 1-12 of 12 comments
u 26 Jul @ 12:50am 
The dance finisher is always 2 hits; pressing the normal attack multiple times in a row will just lengthen the amount of slashes on subsequent attacks in the combo.
dauui 26 Jul @ 8:03am 
Originally posted by upp:
The dance finisher is always 2 hits; pressing the normal attack multiple times in a row will just lengthen the amount of slashes on subsequent attacks in the combo.

Is it even good then? I thought it's more efficient (not in terms of per combo but per unit of time) then the Oka dance when fighting bosses but if it's just the slashes then is it even worth learning at all?
Personally I used it a few times and never again, the delay before your attack comes out is just too bothersome. Oka dance has carried me through the entire game and into NG+.
dauui 26 Jul @ 8:41am 
Originally posted by A friend of yours:
Personally I used it a few times and never again, the delay before your attack comes out is just too bothersome. Oka dance has carried me through the entire game and into NG+.
Yeah that's what I felt too. Why would you put your blade back after each attack during a fight xd
SweetGula 26 Jul @ 12:09pm 
Originally posted by A friend of yours:
agree oka dance is so versatile than the hidden stance even tho the hidden stance really have big damage
u 26 Jul @ 12:43pm 
Yeah, it does more damage but is lacking in versatility. The initial slash is also slower to come out and locks you in place so it always felt a little bad to use for me compared to Oka.
Reizie 27 Jul @ 11:19am 
I'm a Shiden dance main from late NG to NG+.

If anyone wants a quick single hit and low recovery move for collecting crystal plants, use jump light attack or double tap Y/Triangle for forward rolling attack.
Jumping light can be done in place if you're not running towards the plant.

When it comes to fighting I like the DPS, it's easier to aim and land every hit in the combo. The long basic attack string you can choose between remaining in place or moving forward depending on if you tilt the stick or not.

The multi-hit charged attacks despite the slow wind up, does a lot of instant burst damage and great stagger damage. I've cheesed a lot of bosses with it.
For example using Kijin's specter tsuba ability you can double your instant stagger potential and stagger a boss with just one charge attack.
Combined with the holy water fountain damage buff you can burst bosses down in one combo into stagger, punishing strike, another combo and you're done.
Is this bugged? im doing exactly what it tells me to do but i just get the normal dance attacks none of the blue aura like it shows in the skill description. Honestly making me want to quit playing if the skills are bugged this bad.
Originally posted by CasualitieZ:
Is this bugged? im doing exactly what it tells me to do but i just get the normal dance attacks none of the blue aura like it shows in the skill description. Honestly making me want to quit playing if the skills are bugged this bad.

Did you equip it in your loadout?
Raxyz 28 Jul @ 10:45am 

It's not bugged. You either didn't equip the style or aren't charging the attacks.

Originally posted by Reizie:
I'm a Shiden dance main from late NG to NG+.

If anyone wants a quick single hit and low recovery move for collecting crystal plants, use jump light attack or double tap Y/Triangle for forward rolling attack.
Jumping light can be done in place if you're not running towards the plant.

When it comes to fighting I like the DPS, it's easier to aim and land every hit in the combo. The long basic attack string you can choose between remaining in place or moving forward depending on if you tilt the stick or not.

The multi-hit charged attacks despite the slow wind up, does a lot of instant burst damage and great stagger damage. I've cheesed a lot of bosses with it.
For example using Kijin's specter tsuba ability you can double your instant stagger potential and stagger a boss with just one charge attack.
Combined with the holy water fountain damage buff you can burst bosses down in one combo into stagger, punishing strike, another combo and you're done.

Also worth noting, light attacks can always be cancelled into block or dodge. Dance attacks can't. If your playstyle involves doing counterattacks or perfect parries, Shiden is much better for that because the light attacks are your main source of DPS. I've only ever used the charged attack when bosses are stunned or after a parry to instantly stagger some of the tougher mobs. It's a good style, but harder to use effectively than Oka. I think it's there mostly for people who feel like the base combat is kinda boring.
Originally posted by Chucklenuts:

where do i do that? The skill description never said anything about a loadout.
Cyiel 28 Jul @ 11:00am 
Originally posted by Chucklenuts:

where do i do that? The skill description never said anything about a loadout.

To change the stance you need to select the string and change it to purple instead of red.
< >
Showing 1-12 of 12 comments
Per page: 1530 50