Ale & Tale Tavern

Ale & Tale Tavern

View Stats:
staff
will we be able to hire staff?
< >
Showing 1-15 of 22 comments
Pieter 24 Jun @ 8:25am 
Second that! I hardly play online with friends - since I don't want to commit to play-times, and may want to delegate some of the tasks that will become boring. Wouldn't mind having to pay some wage, or invest in e.g. a bed for the staff to stay..
scienart.media  [developer] 1 Jul @ 5:35am 
Thank you for your feedback. Although the ideas are very interesting, they shift the genre of our game from a simulator to a time management game. This significantly affects all other systems in the game. The issue you raise is important, and we also considered it during development. We concluded that to keep players engaged in tavern activities, we need to not simplify the tavern activities but make them more diverse. But most importantly, we need to diversify activities outside the tavern. So that if players get tired of something, they always have the opportunity to do something else. Something interesting. Within the game. Please stay tuned for our announcements. We will soon demonstrate this more clearly.
Lunae 1 Jul @ 7:33am 
Sorry, I'm questioning purchasing this game
M-Chip 3 Jul @ 5:02am 
Originally posted by scienart.media:
Thank you for your feedback. Although the ideas are very interesting, they shift the genre of our game from a simulator to a time management game. This significantly affects all other systems in the game. The issue you raise is important, and we also considered it during development. We concluded that to keep players engaged in tavern activities, we need to not simplify the tavern activities but make them more diverse. But most importantly, we need to diversify activities outside the tavern. So that if players get tired of something, they always have the opportunity to do something else. Something interesting. Within the game. Please stay tuned for our announcements. We will soon demonstrate this more clearly.
I have to say, with the number of guests we served at level 3 in the demo, it was clear that even if you prep and plan well you will still be completely overwhelmed at later levels due to the amount of customers you need to serve. My recommendation to you to not remove the players from the experience of serving would be to either, 1 add waiting staff but not cooking staff, or add a bar where we can quickly serve people drinks.
If you don't add bots staff the game will not have success. Simple as that.
Last edited by [PT]Morfo2[Fæ]; 3 Jul @ 3:08pm
Originally posted by PTMorfo2Fæ:
If you don't add bots staff the game will not have success. Simple as that.

Wrong. Don't be a petulant child.
Corvac 23 Jul @ 2:02pm 
There are many games like plate up, that work wonderful without staff and doing everything yourself is very exciting. if you could automate anything, there would be no point staying in the tavern and it becomes just to a economy simulator. there may be a solution to get staff very hard or only a few. maybe only for something like bringing water. the tasks you dont want to do but have to do very often.
DahonX 7 Aug @ 2:10pm 
it will be free?
Shawn 14 Aug @ 11:17pm 
Originally posted by M-Chip:
Originally posted by scienart.media:
I have to say, with the number of guests we served at level 3 in the demo, it was clear that even if you prep and plan well you will still be completely overwhelmed at later levels due to the amount of customers you need to serve. My recommendation to you to not remove the players from the experience of serving would be to either, 1 add waiting staff but not cooking staff, or add a bar where we can quickly serve people drinks.

thanks for confirming its not really a single player game and only good if you have like 3 friends to play with to keep up with demand
No staff? I almost purchased this, but won't now. You should be able to hire some type of staff. I see that there are so many activities in the game, seems like you're going to get to a point where you get overwhelmed.
Grug 7 Sep @ 11:06pm 
Originally posted by Entellex:
No staff? I almost purchased this, but won't now. You should be able to hire some type of staff. I see that there are so many activities in the game, seems like you're going to get to a point where you get overwhelmed.
You can close the tavern whenever you want to stop the flow of customers. Indeed, it's designed so that guests will consume your food and drink faster than you can produce it so you have to close and restock once in a while.
i do get the idea that you won't the game to become sort of a managment game but still especially for solo players there is so much to do except from just running the tavern. So at least something like hirable waitress would be great addition to the game and still keep players occupied
I get the desire to have players do all the tasks from a multiplayer point of view but I think NPC staff would be fine for single player. I think the problem here is diverging interests in game design between single and multi player. Without NPC help single players hit a ceiling but adding NPC help would make multiplayer way too trivial.

I suppose the smart design approach would be to only have an NPC helper in single player and they "go on break" when another player is in the game. That would create a balanced approach.

This is all wishful thinking though. I don't know that implementation for something like that is realistic for the scope of this game. Maybe if the game does well enough but I wouldn't get my hopes up. It's a good quality of life idea but small devs have to be careful about scope creep.
Grug 8 Sep @ 5:12pm 
Originally posted by Dovahbear:
I get the desire to have players do all the tasks from a multiplayer point of view but I think NPC staff would be fine for single player. I think the problem here is diverging interests in game design between single and multi player. Without NPC help single players hit a ceiling but adding NPC help would make multiplayer way too trivial.

I suppose the smart design approach would be to only have an NPC helper in single player and they "go on break" when another player is in the game. That would create a balanced approach.

This is all wishful thinking though. I don't know that implementation for something like that is realistic for the scope of this game. Maybe if the game does well enough but I wouldn't get my hopes up. It's a good quality of life idea but small devs have to be careful about scope creep.
What goal does having a AI helper solve? Not being able to keep up with tasks? What determines how many tasks the player has?
Well once you get to the later stages where you have 20+ coming in, having A.I. waiters would be really nice. It gets to a point where it's no longer fun.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 22 comments
Per page: 1530 50