XCOM 2
< >
Showing 1-15 of 25 comments
megansweden 2 Feb, 2022 @ 10:05am 
I read a bit of your guide and if I understand correctly when you say "vanilla guide" you mean a guide to vanilla X-COM 2, and not WOTC? In which case I haven't played it in 2 years (never played it on PC) and I honestly do not remember what they cost.

In general, everything is more expensive and takes longer on Legendary. There is probably a wiki online that gives the details.
megansweden 3 Feb, 2022 @ 11:55am 
Originally posted by Laguna Queen:
Yes, it means without the WOTC. I did try to see if I can confirm with websites but it doesn't quite say and I need to know exactly how much more of the cost is in Intel and Supplies for Engineers and Scientists.

Also, you like my guide?

You could try using some Let's Plays on Youtube as research material. Christopher Odd did at least 4 campaigns of XCOM2 before WOTC came out. If nothing else check out the first video of his 4th campaign just for giggles! :steamhappy:

I just checked one and it was 175 for a Scientist and 185 for an Engineer (not sure if the cost goes up from month to month or if it's always different rates for the different competences, they were not available at the same time).

Regarding the guide, it's clear you're putting a lot of work into it and I'm sure it will be helpful for many players, so I applaud your efforts! But I have to admit I'm probably not your target audience so I didn't actually read that far.
Laguna Queen 3 Feb, 2022 @ 12:34pm 
Originally posted by megansweden:
Originally posted by Laguna Queen:
Yes, it means without the WOTC. I did try to see if I can confirm with websites but it doesn't quite say and I need to know exactly how much more of the cost is in Intel and Supplies for Engineers and Scientists.

Also, you like my guide?

You could try using some Let's Plays on Youtube as research material. Christopher Odd did at least 4 campaigns of XCOM2 before WOTC came out. If nothing else check out the first video of his 4th campaign just for giggles! :steamhappy:

I just checked one and it was 175 for a Scientist and 185 for an Engineer (not sure if the cost goes up from month to month or if it's always different rates for the different competences, they were not available at the same time).

Regarding the guide, it's clear you're putting a lot of work into it and I'm sure it will be helpful for many players, so I applaud your efforts! But I have to admit I'm probably not your target audience so I didn't actually read that far.

Thank you for the kind words!

I rather do a fresh Legendary run and write as I go instead of reading or watching others. This way I can discover anything new and write that in the guide too. There are couple things I did find that is included in guide, such as anti-RNG, Avenger scans, and etc.

The cost for Scientist/Engineer is about same for both with the range of 185-200 supplies for each but the catch is if there available to hire for the current month.
Fringehunter7719 3 Feb, 2022 @ 3:53pm 
Originally posted by megansweden:

It increases over time.
Sindorei 19 Feb, 2022 @ 11:07pm 
Viper tongue lengths are ridiculous, especially when playing with increased sightrange (90 tiles).
TheSuit 8 Aug, 2022 @ 11:53am 
Originally posted by Sindorei:
Viper tongue lengths are ridiculous, especially when playing with increased sightrange (90 tiles).

I always wondered how they can carry 2000+lbs ( with gear ) on a tiny tongue like 100 feet through the air.
Thank u!!!
< >
Showing 1-15 of 25 comments
Per page: 1530 50