Star Birds

Star Birds

Coming to all PC-Platforms?
I hope this will get a release so that our birb loving folk can play it on Linux/macOS/Windows.
< >
Showing 1-6 of 6 comments
Toukana_Dom  [developer] 9 Jun @ 2:43pm 
So, Windows is definitely going to be supported for obvious reasons. Whether we'll also offer support Linux and OSX we cannot say at this point in time.
jakecp12 10 Jun @ 8:55pm 
+1 for Mac/ipad/iPhone support if possible!
mac+linux or massive unsubscribe and no more calendars bought :D
please give us more than "we cannot say". I get it, as a software engineer who has targeted all the platforms, this isn't easy; but using a sensible build toolchain is probably the easiest part, even if you're using a pre-built engine. this would ensure the only cost to building for macos and linux is just that - the cost of the build or entrance to any app stores you want to use.

if you're using a modern engine, there's really no reason to exclude macos and linux. especially linux. heck, even if you're not, there's literally a dozen indie engines out there that support all 3 platforms, and if you're building from scratch, the build toolchains are *extremely* well-documented these days.

the thing is, this game is being branded and pushed by Kurzgesagt and you're going to have a lot of non-windows users who are their fans wanting this game (as you can already see by the numerous posts asking for mobile builds). you are only going to make _more money_ in the end, if you do the _small effort_ to research and include the other platforms. even if it's "after windows gets done" like a lot of other developers do.
I'm a Windows user (for now at least) so I have no horse in this race, but a PC release really should entail all PC operating systems in 2024, especially given the growing trend of people migrating away from Windows.
Dorfromantik doesn't have a native version, so don't expect Linux or Mac versions for Star Birds too.
< >
Showing 1-6 of 6 comments
Per page: 1530 50