Costume Quest 2

Costume Quest 2

View Stats:
 This topic has been pinned, so it's probably important
bburbank 8 Oct, 2014 @ 6:37pm
Upcoming Patch Notes (10/09 Update)
Hi there everybody, I'm one of the devs at Double Fine and I wanted to let you know what fixes and features you can expect in our upcoming patches!

Here's what we're working on and are hoping to release to you on 10/09/14:
* [All] Based on feedback we've added a way for you to heal outside of battle without using a fountain; you can now press a button to eat some candy resulting in a full heal.
* [Mac] Reduce OpenGL driver memory footprint and boot-time; should prevent machines with 4GB of memory from crashing on boot and allow machines with older graphics cards to boot the game more quickly.
* [All] If you saved at the janitor door without opening it, you could get stuck. Fixed!
* [All] The Cosmonaut achievement should now work correctly for anybody who finds that legendary costume.
* [All] Steam's language selector will now work.
* [All] Cloud saves were not working for some users and now they are!
* [All] A few resolution switching bugs have been addressed.
* [Linux] Steam Achievements are not unlocking for some users.
* [Linux] Partial fix for FMOD incompatibilities on some distros.

Here's what's coming in the patch after that (scheduled for Tuesday, 10/14/14)
* [All] STEAM CARDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
* [All] A key remapping screen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
* [Linux] EVEN BETTER audio support.
* [All] More stuff to come, I'm sure!
< >
Showing 1-15 of 106 comments
Astroooooooo 8 Oct, 2014 @ 6:40pm 
thanks - loving the game so far
Vossik 8 Oct, 2014 @ 6:42pm 
Thanks for keeping us in the loop!
jexreffy 8 Oct, 2014 @ 6:46pm 
Nice. For those of us that have already found the Solar System costume, will the achievement auto-trigger, or will we need to reacquire the costume in another playthrough?
bburbank 8 Oct, 2014 @ 6:53pm 
It should! There's code in there that should re-validate your inventory-based achievements on load.
StarWolf128 8 Oct, 2014 @ 6:55pm 
Originally posted by bburbank:
* [All] Based on feedback we've added a way for you to heal outside of battle without using a fountain; you can now press a button to eat some candy resulting in a full heal.
Um, does that mean healing subtracts candy from my bag & if so by how much? (I rather just have health mechanics go back to CQ1 style & avoid the fuss altogether.)
buckysrevenge 8 Oct, 2014 @ 7:09pm 
Great news! Now if I could get my DLC issues resolved (already in contact with DF support via e-mail)...
bburbank 8 Oct, 2014 @ 7:10pm 
Originally posted by Lord Sypher:
Um, does that mean healing subtracts candy from my bag & if so by how much? (I rather just have health mechanics go back to CQ1 style & avoid the fuss altogether.)

It's going to be pretty cheap (like 25 candy to save you a trip from the fountain)!

DESIGN ANECDOTE: We've actually heard from a few people that they prefer the auto-heal after a fight. The biggest chunk of complaints we received about Costume Quest 1 was that combat was very repetitive, and as such we tried to make it so there were many more decision points for the player. One of the main reasons we added persistent stats between fights was to get special meters to carry over (allowing you to essentially "charge up" before a boss fight) and to create healing decision points which actually mattered; now a character who heals provides more value than they did in CQ1 since healing has value beyond a single fight. Early on we had a discussion about adding potions and other healing items, but we decided that an additional inventory management system just created too much for the player to deal with mechanically (essentially, too many decision points!). So now we're adding this cheap-ish fix to save people from having to backtrack (especially if they don't know exactly where the closest fountain is), especially since we were particularly fond of the already mildly complicated creepy treat card management system.

This new thing also fits the fiction pretty well! It has always bugged me in both CQ games that you couldn't just eat your candy. And now you can!
Tobot 8 Oct, 2014 @ 7:21pm 
I know it is probably too late, but I really kinda miss the apple/ eyeball bobbing from CQ1...
MntBerryCrunch 8 Oct, 2014 @ 7:27pm 
"* [All] A key remapping screen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

I love you!
moonstone140 8 Oct, 2014 @ 7:38pm 
I am loving the game so far :) I will say that on my Windows 7 Core i7 laptop, I had to turn off shadows and reflections because it made it hard for me to get the timing down on when to do additional damage :( HOWEVER, I still really love this game :)
Dante105 8 Oct, 2014 @ 7:42pm 
Cool! Thanks guys!

btw does this game support vibration? I'm using the Xbox one controller and I'm not getting any feed back on hits or anything else for that matter.
Last edited by Dante105; 9 Oct, 2014 @ 12:30am
Fishman465 9 Oct, 2014 @ 1:24am 
Any plans on straightening up the whole pre-order costume thing?
PlayaOfGames 9 Oct, 2014 @ 3:16am 
Originally posted by bburbank:
Originally posted by Lord Sypher:

It's going to be pretty cheap (like 25 candy to save you a trip from the fountain)!

DESIGN ANECDOTE: We've actually heard from a few people that they prefer the auto-heal after a fight. The biggest chunk of complaints we received about Costume Quest 1 was that combat was very repetitive, and as such we tried to make it so there were many more decision points for the player. One of the main reasons we added persistent stats between fights was to get special meters to carry over (allowing you to essentially "charge up" before a boss fight) and to create healing decision points which actually mattered; now a character who heals provides more value than they did in CQ1 since healing has value beyond a single fight. Early on we had a discussion about adding potions and other healing items, but we decided that an additional inventory management system just created too much for the player to deal with mechanically (essentially, too many decision points!). So now we're adding this cheap-ish fix to save people from having to backtrack (especially if they don't know exactly where the closest fountain is), especially since we were particularly fond of the already mildly complicated creepy treat card management system.

This new thing also fits the fiction pretty well! It has always bugged me in both CQ games that you couldn't just eat your candy. And now you can!
yah the combat and everytihng about custume quest 2 is better then the first like the first one the combat felt boring but now the 2nd one is more fun and more funny jokes and now your adding eating candy sweet and more stuff to come i rember you guys talking about before this was even released like a while back a possible sequal to stacking and custume quest but now we got a custume quest 2 i now can't wait for stacking 2 man that game had beatiful graphics and gamepaly and story and all i hope to see agin tbh i hope you make a sequal to all of your games :)
CanisLunesLunes 9 Oct, 2014 @ 5:46am 
:Tombstone: Thank you, Ben! I know you guys are only a small team, and I think we all appreciate how you've been listening to us and how quickly you're releasing this first patch. :Tombstone:

(Also, nice touch on the candy eating mechanic. It's a really clever way of addressing the problem without needing to rewrite a massive part of the game. I look forward to trying it out!)
buckysrevenge 9 Oct, 2014 @ 6:02am 
Originally posted by Fishman465:
Any plans on straightening up the whole pre-order costume thing?

You might have to contact support (at) doublefine (dot) com directly for that just because some people did get them when they preordered, so it might be a case by case basis (total speculation). I sent them an e-mail and got a pretty prompt response yesterday (no solution since I didn't give them enough info).
< >
Showing 1-15 of 106 comments
Per page: 1530 50