Time Treker

Time Treker

View Stats:
Genuine ideas for the devs - no criticism - only good vibes :)
Hi,

So, I've played a lot of, lets call them "Horde Survivor" games (why steam refuses to give this genre a tag, I ll never know, but I ll take it up with Gabe on my own time) and I had a few thoughts.

First of all, the game is quite amazing - congratulations about getting it to early access!!!

Its a really good system, and I feel fusing roguelike campaign mechanics into horde survivor games is absolutely the next step in the genre, kudos.

And the weapon + mod system allows for so much customisation! Its honestly great. There's so much potential here!

I had some thoughts, that I would only like to provide, almost in terms of ideas, if the devs want to benefit from. That's all.

Music:

Overall the music is great for the most part, nice electro vibes. However! There's one cutesy Mario tune that plays sometimes that COMPLETELY takes me out of the game. It drives me batty I swear, I feel like sonic the hedgehog picking up coins. It also kinda clashes with the gorey/dark nature of the rest of the theme I guess.

Customisation:

Those artifacts you can pick up? Amazing idea, but it needs expanding. I fear the game will grow stale in the current layout if we just try the same combinations again. I just got an artifact that changes the way my weapons work, if I equip more and more of the same weapon.

That one was amazing! It completely forced me to work my build around it. That's the kinda stuff we need more of. Great idea, and introduce more gameplay concepts like these.

Customisation Part Folie Aux Deux:

Weapon mods (and weapons to a certain extent) - the good ones, are the ones that effectively change how the weapon operates. if it gets more projectiles, if it gets more summons, if it turns from a projectile to a melee weapon, etc.

Those are the ones we need more of, to help the replay ability in the long term. + 20% DPS is good to clear the zone, but it ll get boring fast.

Graphics:

I feel the weapon models, and UI, and character models are all good.

but I feel the terrain is super simple. It could use a bit of sprucing up. It feels like I am playing a nice looking game, on top of an ugly rug. The contrast is very telling.

Go look at something like "Death Must Die" - I feel those guys really nailed the atmospheric background and terrain bits to immerse more in the graphical theme of the game.

Progression:

This will be probably something said a lot, but I feel the meta-progression could be more varied. Maybe linking it more to each individual character, or by expanding the system, it could be more fun.

-

Final Thoughts:

THESE ARE only some ideas on small things that bug me! The game is great! Good Job! Should be proud!

(And yes, its early access and will grow, I know - I just wanted to point the way a tiny bit)
< >
Showing 1-1 of 1 comments
Leyo Games  [developer] 11 Jul @ 7:57pm 
Hey first of all thanks for all the love and kind words! Those keep us moving!

For music, we will add some more in the list in full game and I think I know which one you are mentioning, I do feel the same.

For artifact, yes more artifact is certainly our way to go, also our roadmap will be released in a day or two!.

For weapon, again I completely agree with you, it's hard to balance the features of weapons and mods so they all feel unique, but we will try our best to do that!

For Death must die - I freaking love it! We don't have graphics plan in mind for now but will think about that if we got sufficient time.

Progression - Actually that sounds good, I'll see what I can do, the current one do feel dull after a couple runs.

Final thoughts:
Thanks for loving the game, and it only grows with all of the feedback from the community!
< >
Showing 1-1 of 1 comments
Per page: 1530 50