LEGO® Star Wars™: The Complete Saga

LEGO® Star Wars™: The Complete Saga

Agusdiiorio_ 22 Nov, 2021 @ 5:30am
Startup Error "Can't create D3D device! Error: 0x8876086c
I bought Lego Star Wars TCS 8 months ago, and I have just downloaded it yesterday. Of course I was super anxious on playing that masterpiece, but when I tried to launch it, it didn't. Can Someone help me? Thx
< >
Showing 1-15 of 15 comments
lego idiot 23 Nov, 2021 @ 12:55am 
Originally posted by Agusdiiorio_:
I bought Lego Star Wars TCS 8 months ago, and I have just downloaded it yesterday. Of course I was super anxious on playing that masterpiece, but when I tried to launch it, it didn't. Can Someone help me? Thx
can you try to reinstall it?
Crashed 24 Nov, 2021 @ 6:39am 
Check that your display drivers are correctly installed. If you have a dedicated and a built-in graphics (i.e. NVIDIA and Intel) make sure both devices are updated.

Just launched fine for me on Windows 11.
KAIIRU 30 Nov, 2021 @ 8:53am 
I have a question for both of you.
Agusdiiorio are you playing on a LAPTOP
And the other 2, are you playing on a standard PC?
From what I'm reading about this issue, it's tied to refresh rates of monitors being over 60ghz. I have a 144ghz laptop and I'm running into this issue with the only fix being to install some software and brute force my laptop to boot up into 60ghz which is overwork for playing an old lego game imo.
I'm thinking most players are using regular PCs and aren't running into this issue because it supports a lot of different monitor settings.
CUCARACHITO 2 Dec, 2021 @ 4:47pm 
I bought it recently and I have a LAPTOP and in the same way the ERROR appears, the game cannot be opened I have a ryzen7 with an RTX 3070 GPU, it is ridiculous that a game with these requirements brings a problem
Crashed 2 Dec, 2021 @ 5:55pm 
Originally posted by RED Ω:
I bought it recently and I have a LAPTOP and in the same way the ERROR appears, the game cannot be opened I have a ryzen7 with an RTX 3070 GPU, it is ridiculous that a game with these requirements brings a problem
Check your multi-GPU settings to ensure it is launching on the RTX and not the integrated AMD graphics.
Agusdiiorio_ 12 Dec, 2021 @ 1:09pm 
Originally posted by KAIIRU:
I have a question for both of you.
Agusdiiorio are you playing on a LAPTOP
And the other 2, are you playing on a standard PC?
From what I'm reading about this issue, it's tied to refresh rates of monitors being over 60ghz. I have a 144ghz laptop and I'm running into this issue with the only fix being to install some software and brute force my laptop to boot up into 60ghz which is overwork for playing an old lego game imo.
I'm thinking most players are using regular PCs and aren't running into this issue because it supports a lot of different monitor settings.
Ohhh, maybe that's it! I'm playing on a laptop so that could be the issue. Thanks Man, I apreciate it!!
MarsFlavored 24 Dec, 2021 @ 2:35pm 
If you're playing on a laptop. I ran this on both windows 10 and 11 and had the d3d error and after hours of trying to figure out how to fix it I hooked up a second monitor to my laptop and now it runs fine. So the only way you can play this game with that error is either changing the hz on your monitor to 60hz or you would have to hook up a second monitor that does have 60hz. After you set up your second monitor you should be able to play fine with either screens on.
ShadyCloud 27 Dec, 2021 @ 4:52pm 
Originally posted by MarsFlavored:
If you're playing on a laptop. I ran this on both windows 10 and 11 and had the d3d error and after hours of trying to figure out how to fix it I hooked up a second monitor to my laptop and now it runs fine. So the only way you can play this game with that error is either changing the hz on your monitor to 60hz or you would have to hook up a second monitor that does have 60hz. After you set up your second monitor you should be able to play fine with either screens on.
but monitor is locked at 120hz, and i don't have a second monitor available? is there anything else i can do?
Smokedice 30 Dec, 2021 @ 6:48pm 
Originally posted by ShadyCloud:
Originally posted by MarsFlavored:
but monitor is locked at 120hz, and i don't have a second monitor available? is there anything else i can do?
you need a tool that lets you create a "custom screen resolution" that will let you create your own refresh rate. I've done it before but it caused some games to act weird by defaulting to the 60hz custom I made....can't remember what the tool was called but imo not worth it...just plug in with an hdmi cable to a television
Duranu Lithdel 31 Dec, 2021 @ 12:29pm 
Originally posted by Smokedice:
Originally posted by ShadyCloud:
you need a tool that lets you create a "custom screen resolution" that will let you create your own refresh rate. I've done it before but it caused some games to act weird by defaulting to the 60hz custom I made....can't remember what the tool was called but imo not worth it...just plug in with an hdmi cable to a television
If it is a Nvidia GPU, custom resolutions and refresh rates can be created using Nvidia Control Panel, no third party tools required
Smokedice 31 Dec, 2021 @ 3:01pm 
Originally posted by Duranu Lithdel:
Originally posted by Smokedice:
If it is a Nvidia GPU, custom resolutions and refresh rates can be created using Nvidia Control Panel, no third party tools required
laptops or other integrated monitors do not allow you to choose an alternate resolution. For example, my laptop is 144hz with no option to change it. I click the refresh rate drop down, only to find no other options. There is a third party tool I used once to create my own custom resolution with my own custom refresh rate. It caused Lego Star Wars to work, but, again, I disliked the changes it made to my other games so I uninstalled it.
CumSock 15 Jan, 2022 @ 8:42am 
Originally posted by Crashed:
Originally posted by RED Ω:
Check your multi-GPU settings to ensure it is launching on the RTX and not the integrated AMD graphics.
how do i do that?
Crashed 15 Jan, 2022 @ 8:55am 
Originally posted by CumSock:
Originally posted by Crashed:
how do i do that?
Search Start for Graphics settings.
In the Graphics settings, look for your game, and make sure it is set to High Performance. If it is set to Let Windows Decide it might decide wrong.
@Crashed Doesn't help.
Crashed 30 May @ 8:09pm 
Originally posted by KevinAbillGaming:
@Crashed Doesn't help.
Also try reinstalling the DirectX End User Runtimes; I think this game may still be in the era when that was relevant.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 15 comments
Per page: 1530 50