Controller Companion

Controller Companion

Is this obsolete?
Steam input vs this
< >
Showing 1-9 of 9 comments
Isnt the main point of this app to allow you to use your controller when NOT in a game?
I dont think steam input allows that, not that Im aware of anyway.
This is probably the best value purchase I've ever made and I still use it every day, so no.
SALVANTUS 26 Aug @ 10:57pm 
This is better than steam input and I use both, mainly the reason being that sometimes steam input tends to have issues with supporting certain games, plus you can also use controller companion for non-steam related things too which is another huge bonus. I have been using it for years and it still has not given me some type of compatibility issue with any games, even extremely old games that it probably shouldn't work with it STILL works with them too
IMO still a very useful app, can be used without Steam running too.
I use this for a counter app while shiny hunting in Pokemon. It's pretty useful and the back buttons on my xbox controller finally have a purpose.
Originally posted by Coolverine:
IMO still a very useful app, can be used without Steam running too.
Is there a way to get it stand alone or is it steam only
Hegom 11 Sep @ 5:21pm 
Originally posted by SALVANTUS:
This is better than steam input and I use both, mainly the reason being that sometimes steam input tends to have issues with supporting certain games, plus you can also use controller companion for non-steam related things too which is another huge bonus. I have been using it for years and it still has not given me some type of compatibility issue with any games, even extremely old games that it probably shouldn't work with it STILL works with them too

Is there a workaround for GamePass games? I gave a shoot to this app today and tried Dragon Quest 11 from the Xbox App and Controller Companion stays in the Desktop profile, it doesn't detect the game as a "full-screen app" or whatever it uses to detect that a game is running to disable the desktop profile, funny thing I had a remote desktop session opened and Controller Companion detected it as a full-screen app and disabled the desktop profile which is fine.
Originally posted by Hegom:
Is there a workaround for GamePass games? I gave a shoot to this app today and tried Dragon Quest 11 from the Xbox App and Controller Companion stays in the Desktop profile, it doesn't detect the game as a "full-screen app" or whatever it uses to detect that a game is running to disable the desktop profile, funny thing I had a remote desktop session opened and Controller Companion detected it as a full-screen app and disabled the desktop profile which is fine.
It doesn't detect a few of my steam games for some reason. I just disable it manually: Hold select and press start (or whatever the equivalents are on modern controllers).
Hegom 12 Sep @ 2:04pm 
Originally posted by Unrighteous:
It doesn't detect a few of my steam games for some reason. I just disable it manually: Hold select and press start (or whatever the equivalents are on modern controllers).
Yeah, that's what I did, I had to disable the desktop profile holding on those buttons
Last edited by Hegom; 12 Sep @ 2:04pm
< >
Showing 1-9 of 9 comments
Per page: 1530 50