TIS-100

TIS-100

View Stats:
Klutz 8 Mar, 2016 @ 1:15pm
[NO SPOILERS] HALT_AND_CATCH_FIRE and ILLEGAL_EAGLE achievements?
Have I missed a clue that points to the hidden op-code or the hidden puzzle?

Have I simply not reached the clue to these hidden things?
(I've got a couple puzzles left in the TIS-100 Segment Map, and did a few from the TIS-100 Directory)

Is there simply no clue in the game / manual that points to these achievements?

Please DON'T tell me what the op_code is, how to get to the hidden puzzle, or what the clue I missed was.

I'm only looking for one of these answers:
- "You missed a clue."
- "You haven't gotten to the clues yet."
- "There is no clue."
< >
Showing 1-8 of 8 comments
rgalex2034 8 Mar, 2016 @ 1:30pm 
For HALT_AND_CATCH_FIRE there is no clue, you need to know what is this.
Last edited by rgalex2034; 8 Mar, 2016 @ 1:32pm
Klutz 8 Mar, 2016 @ 1:33pm 
Ah, well that was easier than expected... I guess I was looking for something a little less obvious! :steammocking:
rgalex2034 8 Mar, 2016 @ 1:37pm 
jejejeje nice you got it!
gecko 8 Mar, 2016 @ 4:35pm 
You missed a clue for the other achievement.
Klutz 8 Mar, 2016 @ 8:03pm 
Cool, thanks for the info!
BibleClinger 9 Mar, 2016 @ 8:11am 
Originally posted by turtley turtle:
You missed a clue for the other achievement.

I can confirm.

As an aside, I'll just say in my case that I actually noticed this clue many times, and yet I was acting on it incorrectly. When I was demonstrating TIS-100 to someone else in person, without intending to get to the hidden puzzle, I ended up stumbling upon it by properly acting on the clue. We instantly dove into the puzzle. I worked on the algorithm right then and there, and he offered some corrections to my ideas. I finished the programming for it during that session. Discovering and solving the hidden puzzle turned out to be a great spontaneous moment that demonstrated some of the fun of TIS-100 for both of us.

I wouldn't mind seeing a set of cooperative puzzles for a TIS-100 sequel (TIS-200? :conwayshrug:), especially given the storyline in this game.
KINoftheFLAMES 12 May, 2023 @ 11:37am 
If you're still wondering if you can figure out HALT_AND_CATCH_FIRE out on your own: it CAN be guessed but... you'll never deduce it if this is your first experience with assembly.
ocawna 13 Apr @ 9:43am 
Ahh, I've solved all the problems except the last line of TIS-NET and couldn't figure this achievement out until reading the first few posts here . . . . . I don't know how many times I studied the manual looking for some hints . . . .:hyperium::hyperium:
< >
Showing 1-8 of 8 comments
Per page: 1530 50