Hogwarts Legacy

Hogwarts Legacy

View Stats:
Grandmother CFO 8 Feb, 2023 @ 7:38am
THIS post is for the people that CANT PLAY THE GAME!!!!!
Deluxe edition,4 different computers,same crash in same place.
Seizure warning and the crash no error,nothing.
Everyone in this situation post here,if this can help,someone help us.
< >
Showing 1,486-1,500 of 2,302 comments
It's a fair point. I had troubles with running out of memory in Red Dead 2 and thought it was the rockstar launcher, turns out it was steam's overlay/webhelper. I ran the game from the .exe and not from steam library and it hasn't crashed since.
ashize 10 Dec, 2023 @ 3:15pm 
Originally posted by Grandmother CFO:
Originally posted by XAmenX:
SAME ive tried everything, some patch or another keeps patching the fing solutions too. they didnt like us deleting the shader cache so now you cant access it this is ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ rediculous, so many people just want to try the game and pc was supposed to be the win, no lag no crap it wont even boot up anymore what the hell ?

idk if itll be helpfull but playing on a razerblade 17 nvidia geforce rtx3070 ti
I never thought that so many players would be affected by this issue.
And frankly, I would ask for a refund, but now I doubt they will give it.

Sadly no. Had a similar issue with another game that I found later was unable to play entirely, everyone confirmed it's unplayable and no longer working. They will hold to the policy of being two weeks past = no refund. They'll give you maybe one other solution which is to buy it from the source website, but that is it
Grandmother CFO 10 Dec, 2023 @ 3:19pm 
Originally posted by ashize:
I never thought that so many players would be affected by this issue.
And frankly, I would ask for a refund, but now I doubt they will give it.

Sadly no. Had a similar issue with another game that I found later was unable to play entirely, everyone confirmed it's unplayable and no longer working. They will hold to the policy of being two weeks past = no refund. They'll give you maybe one other solution which is to buy it from the source website, but that is it
Yes, you are right.
But imagine buying a game and playing for a few hours, and then without changing your computer in terms of hardware and software it stops working?
Then, we players ran out of money, and so did the game we bought.
But that's life unfortunately.
ashize 11 Dec, 2023 @ 5:51pm 

Yes, you are right.
But imagine buying a game and playing for a few hours, and then without changing your computer in terms of hardware and software it stops working?
Then, we players ran out of money, and so did the game we bought.
But that's life unfortunately.

You're not wrong. I understand there. I've learned, especially with Steam games, if I buy it I have to make myself try it within the two week time frame. Its something i have to keep myself to as too many times issues occur once I start playing which last time was 3 weeks after I bought a game and it was exactly as you said except, I didn't even get to play for 1 minute.

It truly does suck
O_o Moonpie 12 Dec, 2023 @ 7:06am 
NEW STUTTER AND CRASH FIX
Da es bei mir NICHTS dazu im Internet gab hab ich es selbst gefunden und eventuell spart es ja jemandem Zeit.

Crash: Razer und MSI verursachen ständige crashes bei Hogwarts

Lag: Ich hab bei den meisten Spielen meine fps reduziert auf z.b. 70 damit es Smoother läuft und der lüfter weniger arbeiten muss. Jedoch Speziel und nur bei Hogwarts führt das zu extremen Stuttering, das Spiel will praktisch 50fps alle paar sekunden verlieren und wenn ich es reduziere auf 70 fall ich fast auf stillstand. Hab es angehoben auf 120 und es gingen 98% meiner Stutters weg.
Grandmother CFO 12 Dec, 2023 @ 7:15am 
Originally posted by O_o Shadowclaw:
NEW STUTTER AND CRASH FIX
Da es bei mir NICHTS dazu im Internet gab hab ich es selbst gefunden und eventuell spart es ja jemandem Zeit.

Crash: Razer und MSI verursachen ständige crashes bei Hogwarts

Lag: Ich hab bei den meisten Spielen meine fps reduziert auf z.b. 70 damit es Smoother läuft und der lüfter weniger arbeiten muss. Jedoch Speziel und nur bei Hogwarts führt das zu extremen Stuttering, das Spiel will praktisch 50fps alle paar sekunden verlieren und wenn ich es reduziere auf 70 fall ich fast auf stillstand. Hab es angehoben auf 120 und es gingen 98% meiner Stutters weg.
Since there was NOTHING about this on the internet, I discovered it myself and maybe it will save someone time.

Crash: Razer and MSI cause constant crashes at Hogwarts

Lag: I reduced my fps in most games to, for example, 70 so that it runs more smoothly and the fan works less. However, especially and only at Hogwarts this leads to extreme stuttering, the game practically wants to lose 50fps every few seconds and when I reduce it to 70 I almost get stuck. I increased it to 120 and 98% of my stutters disappeared.

Thanks for the tip, I used Google to translate, I think it's as you said. Thanks for the tip.
beatz 12 Dec, 2023 @ 8:19am 
Same here, stuttering.....
verhagen32 12 Dec, 2023 @ 9:25am 
Originally posted by Cthulhu:
no report,no failure message.game just turn of
same here
dwaijerink 12 Dec, 2023 @ 9:31am 
Same here, bought the game, played it. Now I cannot play it anymore , because...Steam Client WebHelper uses to much RAM memory, Fault of Steam, but they won't help, even don't read questions about it, automatically answer send, but no help from STEAM.
STEAM SUCKS
ashize 12 Dec, 2023 @ 6:00pm 
Originally posted by dwaijerink:
Same here, bought the game, played it. Now I cannot play it anymore , because...Steam Client WebHelper uses to much RAM memory, Fault of Steam, but they won't help, even don't read questions about it, automatically answer send, but no help from STEAM.
STEAM SUCKS

Easy now. Steam is often more responsible for a lot of good then any bad when it comes to gaming. So much so that gaming companies hate them for advancing gaming rather than only caring about money.

I agree some balls have been dropped but they most definitely do not suck
Grandmother CFO 13 Dec, 2023 @ 4:45am 
Originally posted by dwaijerink:
STEAM SUCKS

Easy now. Steam is often more responsible for a lot of good then any bad when it comes to gaming. So much so that gaming companies hate them for advancing gaming rather than only caring about money.

I agree some balls have been dropped but they most definitely do not suck
I agree with ashize, unfortunately Steam is the best platform to play on PC.
I have more than 200 games and this is the only one that behaves like this.
It's not Steam's fault.
TheParzival 19 Dec, 2023 @ 5:17pm 
Any idea when or if there may be an official patch or fix of some sort for the game freezing up (not responding) right at the beginning settings menu?
joridiculous 19 Dec, 2023 @ 5:21pm 
Originally posted by TheParzival:
Any idea when or if there may be an official patch or fix of some sort for the game freezing up (not responding) right at the beginning settings menu?
Last patch was June 2 2023. Devs want even knowledge the errors that and the previous patched introduced. March was the last Patch before all hell broke lose.
Greatsenso 19 Dec, 2023 @ 10:00pm 
Yep alot of stuttering and frame drops and environment louding is so slow.
so, you guys upgraded your RAM sticks, right? cause that does actually kind of help.
< >
Showing 1,486-1,500 of 2,302 comments
Per page: 1530 50