Hogwarts Legacy

Hogwarts Legacy

View Stats:
NEW GAME PLUS
IT NEEDS ONE FFS!

I don’t mind learning spells again. I just want to play with my unlocked outfits, wand handles, room of requirement decorations, brooms, Etc.

I like to get 100% in a game so that I can go back in New Game Plus and not have to worry about unlocking every single chest, and focus entirely on the story. I absolutely DO NOT want to do every Merlin trial, ancient magic hotspot, butterfly chase, balloon pop, or any other tedious event all over again. There’s like 96 Merlin trials alone. With unskippable 10 second animations, that’s over 15 minutes of the SAME Merlin statue animation. I’m sick of watching it. I have that tune stuck in my head while typing this. The amount of tedious activities in this game is only forgivable on the first playthrough. This game needs New Game Plus
< >
Showing 1-15 of 17 comments
Stan 20 Jan @ 11:50am 
No it really doesn't.
Zentun 20 Jan @ 12:05pm 
+1 I would love a new game +, starting over without my cosmetics is really a kick on the balls, i hope they add it in the future and maybe a post game DLC? i would LOVE it! :cozybethesda:
Darius 25 May @ 3:46pm 
+100
PanPan 26 May @ 12:45am 
You don't have to 100%...
I would rather cheat than 100% that...
Last edited by PanPan; 26 May @ 12:49am
They've abandoned this game so that won't be happening. There is still the exclusive PS quest that will be coming to PC and possibly more outfits, perhaps, but anything major is dead in the water. The game has been out for more than a year. Most likely they're putting all their resources on the sequel using UE5.

It always bothered me that my character was able to attend classes out of uniform. So every play-through I stick to the basic and most boring uniform inside and outside of the castle. As far as relearning everything, I don't mind it too much. It's a shame they couldn't stick a small team to this game to keep it alive with new content and features.
27 May @ 6:48am 
Originally posted by Parry Hotter:
They've abandoned this game so that won't be happening. There is still the exclusive PS quest that will be coming to PC and possibly more outfits, perhaps, but anything major is dead in the water. The game has been out for more than a year. Most likely they're putting all their resources on the sequel using UE5.

It always bothered me that my character was able to attend classes out of uniform. So every play-through I stick to the basic and most boring uniform inside and outside of the castle. As far as relearning everything, I don't mind it too much. It's a shame they couldn't stick a small team to this game to keep it alive with new content and features.

the update for this summer is a complete mystery, we know nothing besides the haunted halloweed ps quest is coming but nothing more. We will get more outfits? a few more quests or something more? no one knows but as you said probably nothing . It is a shame indeed, the game had so much potential for dlc content
Stan 27 May @ 7:21am 
Originally posted by :
Originally posted by Parry Hotter:

the update for this summer is a complete mystery, we know nothing besides the haunted halloweed ps quest is coming but nothing more. We will get more outfits? a few more quests or something more? no one knows but as you said probably nothing . It is a shame indeed, the game had so much potential for dlc content

What if this was their plan all along? Game was already contrevercial for many design choices and character/npc selection, and original authors stand on minority.

What if they knew that there was potential for dlc content, but instead doing what players expect them to do, they don't. Just to see how would players react if for a longest time ever, there is a AAA game without "standardize" dlc content.

Players seem to get mad also when they heard Larian gave up their DLC plans for BG 3. Or that Elden ring will receive only one.
Pono 28 May @ 1:51am 
I hate the Merlin Trials lol. I did enough the upgrade once and now just suffer from destroying gear when I forget to sell.
Boe Jiden 28 May @ 10:37am 
abandoned
Stan 28 May @ 12:00pm 
Originally posted by Boe Jiden:
abandoned
As abandoned as GTA V.
fiddich 30 May @ 9:01am 
The content of the forthcoming summer update has been announced... and it's a joke. All the "new" features are already available via mods. A single dev could have produced these new features in the six months it has taken them to do it, so they're clearly dedicating no resources to the game any more. Of the $1bn they made in revenue barely a cent is being spent on fixing or improving the existing game.
Stan 30 May @ 9:42am 
Originally posted by fiddich:
The content of the forthcoming summer update has been announced... and it's a joke. All the "new" features are already available via mods. A single dev could have produced these new features in the six months it has taken them to do it, so they're clearly dedicating no resources to the game any more. Of the $1bn they made in revenue barely a cent is being spent on fixing or improving the existing game.

That have always been a case, where moders do things before developers do. Nothing new.
Dear god who would willingly want to go through this bland, shallow and PG experience a second time flying around a static theme park with no real excitement? What type of person are you????? What games do you typically enjoy????? What are your top 5 game of all time????
fiddich 31 May @ 3:14pm 
Originally posted by Stan:
Originally posted by fiddich:

That have always been a case, where moders do things before developers do. Nothing new.

That wasn't really my point.
There really is a MAJOR case for a New Game + (the sheer-volume of completely repetitious side quest unlockables is HUGE). A lot of content, I want to play with, and I'll do it once (and groan for the last dozen) but to keep doing it just to get some of the content each play-through?
< >
Showing 1-15 of 17 comments
Per page: 1530 50

Date Posted: 20 Jan @ 4:30am